[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite Dessert

devilwoman

Tapioca. We loved it. Still do. The other fave took a heck of a long time to make, but it was...... extasy in a bowl! this bread pudding was just unbelievable. I can't even describe it, it was awesome. nice idea, devilwoman! Nostalgia!

Nothing fancy, but my mom used to make a killer cheese cake, and that was my favorite.

But, the cake I really still love to this day is a yellow cake, that when it comes out of the oven, you poke holes in it and drain warm cherry or strawberry jello into it. Then, you spread vanilla pudding on top of the cake, and top it off with cool whip. Pop it in the fridge until the jello solidifies and serve. Simple and awesome.

ok spanky,

which of these that you've tried don't you like?

834392[/snapback]

I havent tried any of them, but it sounds a little, you know, "metro-sexual.. :D

Tapioca. We loved it. Still do. The other fave took a heck of a long time to make, but it was...... extasy in a bowl! this bread pudding was just unbelievable. I can't even describe it, it was awesome. nice idea, devilwoman! Nostalgia!

834534[/snapback]

Rovers if you havent already you gotta try Carmines bread pudding.Have you ever been to Carmines in the city?

My mom always had fresh homemade bakery around.

Her pineapple or peach upside down cake, blueberry buckle, and cheese cake were to kill for. But my fave, and she still makes them for me, are her butter cookies! I hoard them and if anyone in the house wants one they have to ask my permission! No excuses! :D

My mom always had fresh homemade bakery around.

Her pineapple or peach upside down cake, blueberry buckle, and cheese cake were to kill for.  But my fave, and she still makes them for me, are her butter cookies!  I hoard them and if anyone in the house wants one they have to ask my permission!  No excuses!  :D

834788[/snapback]

I actually saw these butter cookies in Robn's kitchen last month, but figured I wouldn't be able to get my hands in and out of the protection device that was surrounding them without severe pain or perhaps a severed finger or two. :D

It doesn't get much better than warm pecan pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

834283[/snapback]

Grandma makes these little bite-sized ones for Christmas every year. I eat myself sick on them every year. This runs head-to-head with some really good cheesecake with the buttery graham cracker crust.

A close 3rd is hot bread pudding with a butter rum sauce and vanilla ice cream on the side. :drool:

I actually saw these butter cookies in Robn's kitchen last month, but figured I wouldn't be able to get my hands in and out of the protection device that was surrounding them without severe pain or perhaps a severed finger or two.  :D

834866[/snapback]

:D I thought someone was eyeballin' them.

So many favorites here. My Nana was a hospital baker when I was growing up. Rice pudding was my favorite. Now I make it for her.

Mom is no slouch either. Awesome coconut banana cream pie!

One of our fav treats growing up was dates stuffed with walnuts then covered in powdered sugar. Two weeks ago I toasted and spiced some pecans in caramel. Then I stuffed those bad boys in some dates. Just enough cayenne to make it interesting. :D