[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons and Patriots

CaptainHook

IF the Pistons win the NBA finals, and perhaps Chauncey Billups is named the MVP again, is he the best point guard in the NBA? Is he one of the best point guards in NBA history? Or is he just a good field general on a great team? Kinda like Tom Brady? Something to think about. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF the Pistons win the NBA finals, and perhaps Chauncey Billups is named the MVP again, is he the best point guard in the NBA?  Is he one of the best point guards in NBA history?  Or is he just a good field general on a great team?  Kinda like Tom Brady?  Something to think about.  :D

834509[/snapback]

Captain your bitterness is just pouring out..The Pistons slapped around the Pacers and Tom Brady Tea Bags Peyton Manning..When you accept this you will go on to lead a constructive and fruitful life.. :D:D:D:D

Tim Duncan is one bad a$$ mother f*cker.

834670[/snapback]

Word. Duncan doesn't get nearly the recognition that he deserves. He has been a great player. This should be a very good series.

IF the Pistons win the NBA finals, and perhaps Chauncey Billups is named the MVP again, is he the best point guard in the NBA?  Is he one of the best point guards in NBA history?  Or is he just a good field general on a great team?  Kinda like Tom Brady?  Something to think about.  :D

834509[/snapback]

LMAO, Billups wont even be the best point guard in this series, let along the league. He was named MVP last yr by default because the Pistons defense won them the series a yr ago, and Billups clowned the LA point guards.

BTW, San Antonio is going to win this series rather easily.

Word.  Duncan doesn't get nearly the recognition that he deserves.  He has been a great player.  This should be a very good series.

834729[/snapback]

Tim can ball, but lets not lie .....he's the most boring player in the NBA to watch. As far as 'superstars' are concerned that is.

834509[/snapback]

I believe that he will be considered one of the top point guards in NBA history, because all he does is win. He also wins the close games. So what if he doesn't put up the best stats in the NBA. I suppose that some people will say that AI is better because he averaged 30.7 this year. With the talent AI has around him, I could score 30 a game!!!

Billups is definitely a better point guard than Manning. :D

834770[/snapback]

:D Problem with Manning running the point, he's constantly changing the play call as he brings the ball up court. Causes a lot of shot clock violations.

Tim can ball, but lets not lie .....he's the most boring player in the NBA to watch.  As far as 'superstars' are concerned that is.

834773[/snapback]

Only if you are looking for hilight material. If you want to watch how 48 minutes of basketball is supposed to be played, he's close to perfection, IMHO.

Only if you are looking for hilight material.  If you want to watch how 48 minutes of basketball is supposed to be played, he's close to perfection, IMHO.

834813[/snapback]

Agree 100%. This series is great for basketball purists. The one true superstar is a down to earth guy. Of all the players only Rasheed can be seen as a jerk on occasion - although he is so much better as a teammate than I thought we were getting from Portland. No glitz and glamour in this series. However, very sound fundamental basketball. I love it.

I believe that he will be considered one of the top point guards in NBA history, because all he does is win.  He also wins the close games.  So what if he doesn't put up the best stats in the NBA.  I suppose that some people will say that AI is better because he averaged 30.7 this year.  With the talent AI has around him, I could score 30 a game!!!

834786[/snapback]

Are you kidding me??? What did he win before he got to Detroit? As far as AI is concerned anyone in the NBA can average 30-points a game when you put up 30-shots a game (at least you should be able to).

Even mentioning Billups name with the likes of Magic Johnson, John Stockton, Oscar Robertson, Jason Kidd, Isiah Thomas is a joke.

I seem to recall the Pistons having no chance last year vs the Lakers and we all know how that went..Lets just face facts here and get to the bottom line of what this thread is really about..Troy Aikman is better at soccer than Peyton Manning

Even mentioning Billups name with the likes of Magic Johnson, John Stockton, Oscar Robertson, Jason Kidd, Isiah Thomas is a joke.

834824[/snapback]

Really? So is mentioning Tom Brady in the same breath as Dan Marino, John Elway, etc.

Brady - 3 SB Rings

Marino - Laces were in

I'll take Brady, thanks.

834902[/snapback]

I swear this pisses me off the more I hear it. The pats defense wouldnt have anything to do with the success the past 4 yrs. I suppose Trent Dilfer is also a better QB than Marino because he has a title, and Marino doesnt. When i think of Tom Brady I think of the weakest link on the team, who happens to play QB. Brady gets all the props for the win, when without that defense, Brady would be just another journeyman QB, imo.

I swear this pisses me off the more I hear it.  The pats defense wouldnt have anything to do with the success the past 4 yrs.  I suppose Trent Dilfer is also a better QB than Marino because he has a title, and Marino doesnt.  When i think of Tom Brady I think of the weakest link on the team, who happens to play QB. Brady gets all the props for the win, when without that defense, Brady would be just another journeyman QB, imo.

834918[/snapback]

Sarge,

I understand your position, but I think you are being as extreme on the opposite side of the spectrum as the folks who are saying he's the best ever. The defense is huge, but he has done a very good job managing the offense and playing within his limits (which is more than I can say for most quarterbacks). He's an excellent quarterback. The defense makes his job easier but hasn't completed one pass.