[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss says Collins is better than Culpepper

T-Scorp

too bad he a Raider now!

From Fanball.com

THE NEWS

Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss knows who'll be throwing him the ball now, and he had plenty of positive things to say about his new quarterback during his recent interview with ESPN. "When it comes to athleticism, [Vikings quarterback] Daunte [Culpepper] has [Raiders quarterback] Kerry [Collins] beat," Moss said on "SportsCenter." "But Kerry has pocket presence and knows how to read defenses. So Kerry has a slight step over Daunte."

OUR VIEW

Of course Moss has to stick up for his quarterback, and he's already talked openly about how he was hurt by things Culpepper allegedly said following Moss's trade to Oakland. However, Daunte has a career quarterback rating of 93.2, while Collins' career mark is 73.3, so perhaps Moss is being just a wee bit of a homer in this assessment.

Well, Collins did beat the Vikings in the 2000 NFC Champ Game 41-0! :D but to say that Collins is a better QB than Duante? :D Sounds like a little backlash from Moss feeling that Culpepper did not have his back before the trade. :D

Hopefully Collins line will protect him a little better than they did Gannon last year as it is hard to read defenses on your back! :D

Edited by T-Scorp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raiders are gunna be fun fun fun to watch this year. Unfortunately, I'm in the blackout zone and I can only remember one home Raider game televised since they moved back to OAK. I guess I'm going to have to dust off my Tim Brown jersey and join the Raider Nation.

Raiders are gunna be fun fun fun to watch this year.  Unfortunately, I'm in the blackout zone and I can only remember one home Raider game televised since they moved back to OAK.  I guess I'm going to have to dust off my Tim Brown jersey and join the Raider Nation.

837424[/snapback]

Well with Moss there now you may see a few more sell outs. He helped stop our blackouts here in Minny. (Of course a 15-1 season will help too!)

I read that Moss's new #18 Raider jersey is the top selling jersey this year. I guess the Raider Nation is embracing Moss as one of their own. (will it last beyond the first time he "plays when he want to play" or he leaves the field early?)

Load of crap.  Moss being Moss, a little sour grapes tossed at C-Pepp.

837416[/snapback]

No disrespect but you are WAY off on this one. If you had seen the interview, you would have noticed that he was just saying positive things about both players. He said those things about Collins since thats his new QB, it wasn't intended to be a shot at Daunte at all. He was asked specifically to compare Kerry and Daunte, and he said good things about both.

"But Kerry has pocket presence and knows how to read defenses. So Kerry has a slight step over Daunte."

837406[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? Kerry Collins could be the dumbest QB in the league, and probably the worst decision maker at his position in the game. Pressure Collins and force him to think and he'll throw 5 INT's. Protect him in the pocket, and he'll make plays because he has a good arm.

Pocket presence. Too f*cking funny. :D

I think Randy's dropping the soap in the Raiders shower if you know what I mean. :D

No disrespect but you are WAY off on this one.  If you had seen the interview, you would have noticed that he was just saying positive things about both players.  He said those things about Collins since thats his new QB, it wasn't intended to be a shot at Daunte at all.  He was asked specifically to compare Kerry and Daunte, and he said good things about both.

837496[/snapback]

You're right, I didn't see the interview. I merely commented on what was presented in the initial post in this thread. Which, by the way, sounds to me like Moss being Moss. So, no disrespect back at ya, but I'm probably right ON base.

Man you guys are a buzz kill....can I get some enthusiasm from you! Im jump'n out of my skin here thinking about all the fantasy potential on the Raiders this year. :D

Edited by Pancake

I see that Moss has adopted the T.O.'s stab-your-former-QB-in-the-back-after-you're-traded approach.  What class.  :D

837505[/snapback]

Swerski....I think TO was stabbing Garcia in the back while they were teammates on the sidelines the last year or two.....lol.

I read that Moss's new #18 Raider jersey is the top selling jersey this year.  I guess the Raider Nation is embracing Moss as one of their own.  (will it last beyond the first time he "plays when he want to play" or he leaves the field early?)

837435[/snapback]

PA and Dubay were talking about this earlier this morning. How will the Raider nation react when Randy half asses it down the field.

PA and Dubay were talking about this earlier this morning.  How will the Raider nation react when Randy half asses it down the field.

837578[/snapback]

Collins will throw it to Porter like Dante threw it to Burleson...and toward the end of the season Moss will do what Moss always does...act out in some dipwad way and hurt the team like he always does. :D

Anyone ever look up Culpepper's stats when Moss isn't playing?

837623[/snapback]

Yep.

10/24 183 passing yds and 1 TD vs TEN

10/31 231 passing yds and 1 TD vs NY

11/08 169 passing yds and 1 TD vs IND

11/14 363 passing yds and 4 TD vs GB

11/21 233 passing yds and 2 TD vs DET

Basically he sucks without Randy. :D

I'd rather have C-Pep on my team and/or fantasy squad.

I will, however, give Collins the edge in throwing the long ball. I don't think anybody in the leage throws it better. Moss made Culpepper look good with his athleticism - it wasn't always pinpoint accuracy.

Now if Collins could just scrable, hold on to the ball and command a presence..... :D

I'd rather have C-Pep on my team and/or fantasy squad.

I will, however, give Collins the edge in throwing the long ball.  I don't think anybody in the leage throws it better.  Moss made Culpepper look good with his athleticism - it wasn't always pinpoint accuracy.

Now if Collins could just scrable, hold on to the ball and command a presence..... :D

837917[/snapback]

Yes, I see your point. Culpepper was chasing the completion percentage record last season and ended with 69.2. Collins ended the year with a 56.3 % rate. :D

Btw, what was Brady's? 60.8 :D

Edited by MikesVikes