[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

YAHOO: calling all users of this league s/w

Guest THEbigred

Guest THEbigred

Want to set up a league but as I go through and choose options, it doesn't always explain what is meant by them. For ex the waiver wire process...huh is a "rolling list"...does that mean first come/first served? And when does the WW start/end for a week, or is it just 24/7? Don't they shut it off on Sundays or something?

I guess you get what you pay for. :D

The rolling waiver is actually a per player waiver system. Instead of having a fixed calendar waiver window each week like you are describing, each player is subject to his own waiver period starting from the moment they were dropped. I think the default is 48 hours. So if you drop a player on Tuesday, the clock starts ticking and sometime Thursday any claims made are processed based on waiver priority. If you drop another player on Wednesday, then that player will be processe on Friday. If no claims are made on a player, they become a free agent and can be picked up on a afirst come first served basis.

There are no lockout periods either.

Edited by smithkt

Guest THEbigred

Thx.

Sounds like there is no FC/FS method then - ? Crap. I never have liked that pick-first-because-you-suck FA method. It rewards people who suck at drafting and/or start the wrong players.

waivers are only for dropped players. You are on a first come/first served basis for Free Agents. It allows you to pick up players during games too which many find ridiculous...

waivers are only for dropped players. You are on a first come/first served basis for Free Agents. It allows you to pick up players during games too which many find ridiculous...

839223[/snapback]

Right. What he said. Sorry if I wasn't more clear in my initial repsonse.

Guest THEbigred

Then it's even busier than I thought. Man that sucks.

So is it set that worst team gets first pick and then if they pick they go to the "bottom of the pile?" :D I hate that method....

then it's just like a normal WW. If the first person in line picks, he goes to last and everyone else moves up a slot.

it doesn't reset every week...

Edited by loaf

Guest THEbigred
then it's just like a normal WW. If the first person in line picks, he goes to last and everyone else moves up a slot.

it doesn't reset every week...

844898[/snapback]

Got it - thx!

My league has used both Yahoo settings... seemed to be in a little more control when all players were put on waivers Sun - Tues. I opposed it at first because it gave the "slower" players a chance to catch up on the news but it ended up working out nice over the corse of the season, actually gave you a chance to watch and enjoy the games without worrying about running to the computer every 10 minutes.

:D

Guest THEbigred
My league has used both Yahoo settings... seemed to be in a little more control when all players were put on waivers Sun - Tues. I opposed it at first because it gave the "slower" players a chance to catch up on the news but it ended up working out nice over the corse of the season, actually gave you a chance to watch and enjoy the games without worrying about running to the computer every 10 minutes.

:D

845716[/snapback]

? I don't see this option. It looks like players are on waivers 24/7 unless you choose the "rolling waiver" thing, which means any dropped player is frozen for 2 days.

Not to sound like Ragu sauce, but it's in there... you have the option to have players on a rolling waiver wire, meaning that who ever gets a player from waivers automatically goes to the end of the waiver priority list which is what I suggest.

Then you also have the option to;

1) Have players on waivers for 2 days once they are dropped (or)

2) Have players on waivers for 2 days once they are dropped AND every Sun - Tues, which is what I also suggesst.

Can't tell you where to go, not the commish this year, but I would email Yahoo support and ask them if you can't find it.

Hope that helps.

Edited by DeezNuts