[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A great fantasy football / Steeler fan is gone...

Menudo

I hope you are feeling a little better with some time. In case you don't remember or I didn't tell you when your father passed last year, my dad died at the age of 59. He and I were Eagles fans and was one of the few things that was ALWAYS easy to talk to him about.

I too have dreams with him in them. Time should help you feel better and if you are still feeling really down about it (major lack of focus, little sleep, etc.), I suggest that maybe you should talk with someone about it. It might help. Sorry once again for the loss.

Edited by TDFFFreak

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 years later...

It's been 7 years today. I still miss my Dad every single day. I miss his laugh, I miss our talks on the phone, and I miss the pride in his voice when I would tell him something good that happened in my life. I know he is looking down on me, and I hope that he is proud. I have big shoes to fill as a Father, but, I'm trying my very best. I love and miss him very much.

It's been 7 years today. I still miss my Dad every single day. I miss his laugh, I miss our talks on the phone, and I miss the pride in his voice when I would tell him something good that happened in my life. I know he is looking down on me, and I hope that he is proud. I have big shows to fill as a Father, but, I'm trying my very best. I love and miss him very much.

A touching tribute to your dad and your love for him. Losing a parent is tough and something you never totally get over.

It's been 7 years today. I still miss my Dad every single day. I miss his laugh, I miss our talks on the phone, and I miss the pride in his voice when I would tell him something good that happened in my life. I know he is looking down on me, and I hope that he is proud. I have big shoes to fill as a Father, but, I'm trying my very best. I love and miss him very much.

Funny reading this now as opposed to 7 years ago with a different perspective as I lost my father 2 years ago in May, similar medical conditions as yours, although different route to the end. Reading your first post now and this most recent one and subsequent Huddler responses are so true. I was sad for my huddler friend at that time your dad passed but I didn't really know how tough it was for you until having to live it and it doesn't get much easier with time but we do move on.

That's why I enjoy this place, always experiences here that you have dealt with or may deal with in the future to fall back on and read through for comfort or get advice, support, etc...

Be strong today, the anniversary is so tough.