[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What round does the Balt D

Duchess Jack

I haven't done my D/ST projections for this year yet, but I took them in the 7th last year and would do so again. I don't susbscribe to the wat until the last minute to draft a D/ST strategy of many FFers. But this is probably the only team I would draft so highly. I wouldn't think about it until round 9-10 for the next best.

Of course a lot depends on your scoring system. I think systems that give points for limiting yardage as well as turnovers, sacks, and points provide a more realistic final ranking of the D as it plays in a season. I wish more systems took yardage into consideration. I think the D/ST would become more relevant to the draft strategy.

I took them in the 5th last year and people at my draft gave me heat for it. At one point late in the year they had the same amount of points as T.O in my league..Im a firm believer in drafting a D and a Tight end early if you can get the best or one of the best..It can be a big difference maker and steal a few games for you.

I took them in the 5th last year and people at my draft gave me heat for it. At one point late in the year they had the same amount of points as T.O in my league..Im a firm believer in drafting a D and a Tight end early if you can get the best or one of the best..It can be a big difference maker and steal a few games for you.

840814[/snapback]

It must have been at the point in the season where T.O. had been out for several weeks, because the Ravens D was nothing to write home about last year. Ray Lewis running his yap (as usual) doesn't make me feel any better about them for this year. They'll probably be alright but not worth drafting early.

There are plenty of good defenses available later, much later. You just have to figure out which ones they are before everyone else does.

7th or 8th usually... and especially if you're deep enough at RB and have a couple of solid WRs...

I agree w/ the Whomp - in TE leagues, nabbing the elite is sure a nice luxury... could say the same for D/ST... it's a no-brainer as to who you start each week, and they score consistently, and sometimes go off the charts....

I haven't done my D/ST projections for this year yet, but I took them in the 7th last year and would do so again.  I don't susbscribe to the wat until the last minute to draft a D/ST strategy of many FFers.  But this is probably the only team I would draft so highly.  I wouldn't think about it until round 9-10 for the next best.

Of course a lot depends on your scoring system.  I think systems that give points for limiting yardage as well as turnovers, sacks, and points provide a more realistic final ranking of the D as it plays in a season.  I wish more systems took yardage into consideration.  I think the D/ST would become more relevant to the draft strategy.

840809[/snapback]

In my league, the best scoring def. (Buf) was tied with the 7th best RB. The second best def ranked as the 11th best RB and the third best def ranked 14th with RBs. Of course since you only start one def vs. 2 RBs, I'm not advocating spending a 1st round pick on def but....

Those same three defenses would rank 1, 5 and 8 respectively among WRs. Pretty convincing evidence for drafting a defense early IF you can get a top 3 and IF you are confident your top 3 will actually be a top 3. And of course, your scoring system is a crucial component.

In a Huddle Mock, I just took them in the late 6th round. It'll vary by league and by draft, but in this mock, I already had two solid RBs (Alexander & Martin) and three solid WRs (Holt, Bennett, Porter), and the next set of QBs are all about the same. I will be able to land a solid QB with my next pick or perhaps even go with a backup RB.