[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fanball bought by FUN Technologies

myhousekey

I wonder if this is going to cause league prices to rise. Admin's on their boards had said the price would remain at $59.95 this year as recent as a few weeks ago.

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/050613/fun_tech_b...nball.html?.v=1

LONDON, England, June 13 /CNW/ - FUN Technologies plc ("FUN"), a leading provider of skill gaming and online sports information, announced today that its wholly owned subsidiary, Fantasy Sports Acquisitions, LLC, has acquired all of the assets of Fanball Interactive, LLC ("Fanball"), a leading sports fantasy organization.

Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Fanball (www.fanball.com) is one of the largest independent sports fantasy providers in the US, creating league-hosting software, content, real-time sports statistics, and interactive games for the web and other convergent media platforms. Fanball is the premier provider of online fantasy sports contests, content, strategy and insight, and has exclusive, white-label distribution agreements with leading organizations such as AOL and NASCAR.com. Fanball also owns Fanball.com Radio and produces print publications called "Just Cheat Sheets", "Fantasy Racing" and "Fantasy Football Weekly" (one of America's top-selling fantasy sports publications).

Fanball has shown strong historic growth, with 234% EBITDA growth since 2002. For the 12 months ended December 31, 2004, Fanball recorded unaudited net income of US$1.01 million on turnover of US$4.59 million, and as at December 31, 2004, net assets were zero.

The consideration for FUN's acquisition of Fanball is the payment to the sellers of US$12 million in cash, plus an earn-out based on EBITDA targets for the Fanball business in 2005 and 2006. Under the terms of the earn-out, the sellers will be paid 6.61 times the 2005 EBITDA, less the initial payment of US$12 million, plus 6.61 times the EBITDA realized on earnings in excess of US$2.6 million in 2006. The overall consideration will not exceed US$22 million.

Edited by myhousekey

DMD-  How much you think you could sell the huddle for?  :D

Did you know anybody at Fanball? That had to be a huge return for those boys.  :D

841991[/snapback]

I have to think The Huddle is worth more than the $39.95 a month we initially paid into it. Maybe not a lot more, but definitely more than that.

I am acquaintances with Rob Pythian I guess but otherwise I don't think I know anyone over there really. I know Fanball wanted to be bought out as an initial business strategy back in like 1998.

I have to think The Huddle is worth more than the $39.95 a month we initially paid into it. Maybe not a lot more, but definitely more than that.

I am acquaintances with Rob Pythian I guess but otherwise I don't think I know anyone over there really. I know Fanball wanted to be bought out as an initial business strategy back in like 1998.

841994[/snapback]

Nice Job, it's good to see people do something they love for a living. :D

I think Paul Charchian started it and he is still the editor of Fanball. He al does sports radio at KFAN and now he is RICH!!!

Is fantasy football a fad or a trend? The "sport" has been around for more than 40 years, since the late Oakland Raiders partner Bill Winkenbach came up with the idea. Winkenbach, meeting with a couple of reporters in a New York hotel, pitched the concept. The three of them promptly spent most of the night making up the rules of the game. (Oh Bill, you never knew what you wrought.) Fantasy football really kicked off with the Internet, and University of Minnesota alum Paul Charchian, whose fantasy football Web site draws more than 4 million monthly users, says it's as vibrant as ever. "Fantasy football participation has been growing and growing; we haven't seen it plateau yet," he says.

link

Edited by Outshined

DMD, i will give you $50 for the website. deal? :D

842859[/snapback]

Throw in a new gun and maybe some pizza and all we have left is to convince Whitney. :D

how dare you. guess I'll have to pull out something real big to win you over...

a full body massage from any huddler of your choice (only rule is it cant be me).

is it a deal?

843231[/snapback]

I'll let you post my MH pic on the front page of the Huddle Home Page.

And let Semi massage your feet.