[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Krenzel cut

polksalet

CHICAGO (AP) -- The Chicago Bears on Tuesday waived quarterback Craig Krenzel, who was the team's first quarterback in nearly 40 years to start his career with three straight victories.

Krenzel, 23, who was a fifth-round pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, appeared in six games last year, starting five, and compiled a 3-2 record. On Oct. 31, he led the Bears to a 23-13 win over the San Francisco 49ers, and followed that effort by helping to guide the Bears to consecutive victories over the New York Giants and the Tennessee Titans.

He injured his ankle against the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day and his season ended when he was placed on the injured reserve Dec. 7. Overall last year, Krenzel completed 59 of 127 passes for 718 yards. He threw three touchdowns and six interceptions.

He was a two-year starter at Ohio State, leading the Buckeyes to a 14-0 record and the national championship in 2002.

Now this is interesting they get Braylon Edwards who I think is friggin awesome and remain to have no QB worth an AFL career :D

Edit- I won't change it because this should be in the most f'n horrific posts in a thread ever. :D

To correct myself I will say that the Bears should have kept him until preseason because as much as he sucks Hutchinson is right there??

Once again sorry about this terrible mistake but I'm glad you all could fill up half a page with one...............typo......

Edited by broncosn05

Now this is interesting they get Braylon Edwards who I think is friggin awesome and remain to have no QB worth an AFL career :D

841953[/snapback]

What? The information is wrong, and your use of english is subpar at best.

-DD21

841953[/snapback]

What? Have you been smoking pot again young man? Krenzel was cut by the Bears. Braylon Edwards was drafted by the Browns. And your grammar sucks.

What? Have you been smoking pot again young man?  Krenzel was cut by the Bears.  Braylon Edwards was drafted by the Browns.  And your grammar sucks.

842027[/snapback]

No kidding. Mommy has left the meth on the kitchen table again. :D

Back to the original post.....

No surprise as they have 5 QB's and I believe Kitner won the last 2 games to win the championship. I am NOT putting a lot of importance in that, but the Bears probably are. :D

Back to the original post.....

No surprise as they have 5 QB's and I believe Kitner won the last 2 games to win the championship.  I am NOT putting a lot of importance in that, but the Bears probably are.  :D

842136[/snapback]

Kittner's not NFL material. The Bears' only hope is that Grossman can play more than three straight games for once. Otherwise, they'll be drafting a QB again next season.

841953[/snapback]

I look forward to taking $49.83 from you in our league. This will literally be like taking candy from a baby. :D:D:D

Kittner's not NFL material.  The Bears' only hope is that Grossman can play more than three straight games for once.  Otherwise, they'll be drafting a QB again next season.

842139[/snapback]

Sad thing is it remains to be seen if Grossman is NFL material also. Da Bears gotta have the worst stable of QBs....

Sad thing is it remains to be seen if Grossman is NFL material also. Da Bears gotta have the worst stable of QBs....

842238[/snapback]

As I have mentioned before, the total games played by all the Bears QB's I don't believe equate to a season! :D

Bill,

Agree on Kitner, but he is not much worse than the rest, bar Grossman's & Orton's potential.

Patience my ass....I wanna kill sumptin'! :D:D

Kittner's not NFL material.  The Bears' only hope is that Grossman can play more than three straight games for once.  Otherwise, they'll be drafting a QB again next season.

842139[/snapback]

i'm all for the bears tanking it this yr and then drafting leinert next yr.

What? Have you been smoking pot again young man?  Krenzel was cut by the Bears.  Braylon Edwards was drafted by the Browns.  And your grammar sucks.

842027[/snapback]

Ya know.....it was VERY late last night when I read Broncos post.....confused me so much I had to go sleep it off. :D

Ya know.....it was VERY late last night when I read Broncos post.....confused me so much I had to go sleep it off. :D

842328[/snapback]

I was completely confused as well. The worst thing about it is the Bears didn't even draft a WR in round 1, they went RB (Cedric). I could understand if maybe this guy got Mike Williams and Braylon confused or something.

842238[/snapback]

poor craig. getting cut by the team with the worst qb's in the league. i can't imagine thats going to help him find a new job. welcome to nfl europe son.

842139[/snapback]

No. Bear brass is quite enamored with Orton so far. No link off the top of my head, but could certainly do a little research to warrant that...

I must agree.  The kid loves Breylon Edwards, but he doesn't know who drafted him. :D

844074[/snapback]

Bears ... Browns ... they both start with B and end with S give the kid some credit.

I am just surprised Krenzel played in a few NFL game and won a couple. Didn't seem like he was NFL material ... except for the smarts aspect of it.

No.  Bear brass is quite enamored with Orton so far.  No link off the top of my head, but could certainly do a little research to warrant that...

844048[/snapback]

Orton wasn't even that good at Purdue, so I'd take their statement with a liberal dosage of salt.

Orton wasn't even that good at Purdue, so I'd take their statement with a liberal dosage of salt.

844185[/snapback]

Nod. Their statement came as a mild surprise to me, too. But hey, perhaps he's making some improvements... ? :D

844185[/snapback]

You got that right, Bill. That's twice I've heard someone comment about how ga ga the Bears are over Orton, and it's just too early. They have the same canned answer for any rookie at this point in time.

You got that right, Bill. That's twice I've heard someone comment about how ga ga the Bears are over Orton, and it's just too early. They have the same canned answer for any rookie at this point in time.

844256[/snapback]

The Bears front office is full of it and I'm sick and tired of their BS. Orton was a good third-round pick for a QB-starved team, but anybody who bothered to watch him play for Purdue knows that he'll most likely be a career NFL backup. Despite playing in an offense that inflated his passing stats and having (college) studs like Standeford and Stubblefield to throw to, Orton still couldn't hold onto the starting gig. I don't appreciate Angelo et al. implying that Orton is a legitimate NFL starter.

The Bears front office is full of it and I'm sick and tired of their BS.  Orton was a good third-round pick for a QB-starved team, but anybody who bothered to watch him play for Purdue knows that he'll most likely be a career NFL backup.  Despite playing in an offense that inflated his passing stats and having (college) studs like Standeford and Stubblefield to throw to, Orton still couldn't hold onto the starting gig.  I don't appreciate Angelo et al. implying that Orton is a legitimate NFL starter.

844306[/snapback]

Remember, he suffered a pretty severe hip injury last year, and that cut down on his pocket mobility. I'd like to be optimistic about his abilities, since I think he was pretty much on the same par as Brees when coming out of college. I'll need to look at their numbers to see if I am nuts about that. :D