[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unofficial Huddle Mock Results

Hugh 0ne

Other than my 2 QBs with the same bye week snafu, I feel like I drafted a pretty strong team. My qb combo (even though I would need a bye week filler) is on of the top 2-3, IMO. My RB looks pretty good too with DD and Martin as my starters and Caddy as my RB3. If Fragile cnat make it back, that would put Toefield up as the default starter at this point, barring a trade for Henry. Morency I just grabbed as a handcuff for DD, and Rhodes was the BPA at that point. I thought by taking Williams in the 4th, it might cause my WR to suffer. I have no problem with DJax as my #1 guy, I would just hope that between Joey J and Pathon, he will not face constant double teams. After reaching on Coles in the 5th, I was able to make up for it by snagging Moulds and Rod Smith in the next 2 rounds. I think I have 4 solid starters, with 2 "projects" that could blossom. I was still able to get Wilkins as my kicker (whoopty doo) and a decent defense in Jacksonville. Overall I would rate myself with a A- (mainly to my bye week QB.)

QB Marc Bulger STL 8.05 9

QB Jake Plummer DEN 9.08 9

RB Domanick Davis HOU 1.08 3

RB Curtis Martin NYJ 2.05 8

RB Carnell Williams TBB 4.05 7

RB Labrandon Toefield JAC 11.08 7

RB Dominic Rhodes IND 12.05 8

RB Vernand Morency HOU 15.08 3

WR Darrell Jackson SEA 3.08 8

WR Laveranues Coles NYJ 5.08 8

WR Eric Moulds BUF 6.05 9

WR Rod Smith DEN 7.08 9

WR Tyrone Calico TEN 10.05 10

WR Reggie Brown PHI 16.05 6

PK Jeff Wilkins STL 13.08 9

DT Jacksonville Jaguars JAC 14.05 7

Top 3 QBs: Hugh One, Fatman, Wizards

Top 4 RBs: Hitter/Bronc, CFH, Fatman, Zia

Top 6 WRs: Apathy, Reddogs, Zia, CFH, Hugh One, TimC

Worst QBs: Men In Tights

Worst RBs: Wizards

Worst WR: Hitter/Broncs

Just my $.02

The Hitters RBs are the nuts  :D

I like Reddogs roster overall. If the Hitters had better wideouts he'd get my vote.

842087[/snapback]

I wouldnt want to count on Arrington as my 2nd best back, but he could probalby play the matchups and do fine. But I would still put him behind Fatman, CFH, Hugh, and Timmay, not to mention my own of course.

I wouldnt want to count on Arrington as my 2nd best back, but he could probalby play the matchups and do fine.  But I would still put him behind Fatman, CFH, Hugh, and Timmay, not to mention my own of course.

842092[/snapback]

Honestly, I only looked over them once and they all seemed fairly close in value. You can tell no noobies were involved. The one big thing that stood out was the Hitters backs though.

The Hitters RBs are the nuts  :D

I like Reddogs roster overall. If the Hitters had better wideouts he'd get my vote.

842087[/snapback]

Thanks, Swampnuts.

Caught a little flack for my drafting strategy, but in the end, I'm comfortable with my team.

A trade for a WR upgrade would have to happen, but once it did, I could see this team making a run for the $$.

Why did the computer finish off the draft? I guess I missed something because I thought we finished at 5:00 eastern. Oh well, still worth the time but that computer has some funky rankings. I can't fathom a reason to take either Eli or Alex Smith in a redraft.

Why did the computer finish off the draft?  I guess I missed something because I thought we finished at 5:00 eastern.  Oh well, still worth the time but that computer has some funky rankings.  I can't fathom a reason to take either Eli or Alex Smith in a redraft.

842209[/snapback]

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of setting a timer. Once it's set, you can't turn it off. Anstports is working on the problem.

One thing I always thought should be done with Mock Drafts is to have a way to track progress of the teams as they were drafted throughout the season.

This needs free site that will automatically score you with your best players as staters, and to be revisited in week 10.

One thing I always thought should be done with Mock Drafts is to have a way to track progress of the teams as they were drafted throughout the season.

This needs free site that will automatically score you with your best players as staters, and to be revisited in week 10.

842218[/snapback]

I agree, although the biggest thing I get from mocks is how long I can wait on players I want, who I can expect to be available when and to just get my ff brain working.

Fun to get the first mock of the season done. This draft affirmed what I've heard form others:

1. RB depth does not last, no matter how many quality backs there appear to be

2. QB depth lasts a LONG time

All three of the rookie backs lasted until round 4, which was somewhat surprising, but after that, it was crap. RBs are still where it's at.

QBs lasted a long time. I missed out on Bulger at 8.05, but still picked up Brady at 8.07 and Delhomme at 10.07. I wasn't looking to take 3 QBs, but Warner seemed like a good value at 11.06.

Receiver depth was somewhat surprising to me. If Lloyd and Branch can be considered #1 receivers, I have five #1s on my roster, plus Shockey. Not bad.

Like I said, RB depth was nonexistent - take some early, or you're staring at someone like Duce Staley as a starter (no offense, Gil, he's your #3).

I agree, although the biggest thing I get from mocks is how long I can wait on players I want, who I can expect to be available when and to just get my ff brain working.

842224[/snapback]

I agree with this. this was a great mock unlike others I joined on Antsports where they go on for weeks and over half the teams end up on computer control.

Will be interesting to see if QBs last this long in future mocks. I have a hard time seeing Greens and Bulgers going Rd 8 and later....

842233[/snapback]

Yeah, looks like there were about 30 QBs taken (not all voluntarily) and only four went before round 8 (with Vick going in round 6). Part of the reason may have been the lesser emphasis placed on passing TDs...4 points vs. 6 points. But I assume the main reason is just the large drop-off in perceived talent after the top three guys (Manning, CPep, and McNabb)? Would a keeper or dynasty league have caused folks to take their primary QB a little earlier?

Everyone needs to think long and hard about drafting McNabb in the third round...I was chasing WR's the rest of the draft and could have gone with more conservative picks, looked for young upside to have on this team in the wideouts.

An interesting strategy with QB in the third, not sure it's worth it...even for McNabb.

I always wait for a QB.

Take away Manning, McNab, and Culpepper from last year and there were 21 QBS who had 12-17 fantasy ppg by the huddle's scoring system. I expect a little drop-off from Culpepper and a big one for McNabb unless TO plays. So this year, there is Manning and everyone else.

Even after the "big 3" there is plenty of time to wait, IMHO.

I always wait for a QB. 

842307[/snapback]

Same here. I pre-drafted for QB at 8.11 and 9.02. I figured one of these QB tiers would be there: Trent Green, Bulger, Brady, Collins, Hasselbeck or Favre. I was hoping to get 2 of those at 8.11 and 9.02 and would've played them based on match-ups all year and wouldn't have had to worry about the QB position all year. As it stood, the run started and I was able to grab one, but not two. I think the drop-off after that is too severe to the next tier: Brees, Plummer, Brooks, Palmer, Delhomme, Pennington. I would've felt uncomfortable with Hass starting all year and not having a viable option. If the computer hadn't taken over after 5 PM EST for me, I would've grabbed a 3rd young QB (Eli or the SF QB?) and hope he did well or would've worked the waiver wire...or traded one of my receivers for a solid back-up. QB is definitely my weakness.

I would feel 9-4 or 10-3 is definitely in reach with this starting line-up:

QB Matt Hasselbeck SEA 8.11 8

RB Shaun Alexander SEA 1.02 8

RB Steven Jackson STL 2.11 9

WR Chad Johnson CIN 3.02 10

WR Jerry Porter OAK 4.11 5

WR Brandon Stokley IND 6.11 8

(TE Tony Gonzalez KCC 5.02 5)

(TE Todd Heap BAL 9.02 3)

PK Ryan Longwell GBP 14.11 6

DT Buffalo Bills BUF 11.02 9

I always wait for a QB. 

Take away Manning, McNab, and Culpepper from last year and there were 21 QBS who had 12-17 fantasy ppg by the huddle's scoring system.  I expect a little drop-off from Culpepper and a big one for McNabb unless TO plays.  So this year, there is Manning and everyone else. 

Even after the "big 3" there is plenty of time to wait, IMHO.

842307[/snapback]

That's exactly how I feel.

Manning figures to stay the same, of course, but the other two have some serious questions. Culpepper not only lost Moss, but he also lost his OC, Scott Linehan. As Club also said, McNabb could easily revert to his previous numbers if T.O. doesn't come back.

BTW -- that's the highest I've ever seen Larry Johnson go in a redraft. That's unbelievable. Cavemen passed up on some good talent.

842404[/snapback]

I've seen him him pick 3.1 but to think that Priest is automatic injury is crazy we doubted him in the 2001? season and he comes back scores 20+ TDs I won't doubt him again this year.

BTW -- that's the highest I've ever seen Larry Johnson go in a redraft. That's unbelievable. Cavemen passed up on some good talent.

842404[/snapback]

Here's a nifty fact for you...

Last year KC RBs scored 475 fantasy points in 6/TD 1/10 Ru/Re leagues

Holmes will be 32 this season, and missed 8 games last year.

People won't be saying that I passed up on good talent for LJ if the normal cycle of RB lifespan comes to pass...