[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Target Analysis

Pancake

Its not new info, but its very relevant for upcoming drafts.

http://www.thehuddle.com/stats/2004/std-targetrb08.php

Here is an item of note, all RBs with at least 20 rushes inside the 10 yd line scored at least 12 TDs, EXCEPT for Edge with 29 rushes for 9 TDs, and Portis with 20 rushes for 5 TDs. As a matter of fact all the RBs with at least 17 rushes within the 10 yds line averaged better than a 40% TD to Rush w/in the 10 yd line ratio EXCEPT Edge, Portis, Barlow, and Goings (at or below 35%). Shaun Alexander, Dominick Davis, and Priest show the best at 55% of TDs to rushes w/in the 10 yd line. Not surprising, and very noticable is that Priest had 25 rushes w/in the 10 yd line and 14 TDs in an 8 game span. Another item of note is that Tiki only rushed 10 time w/in the 10 yd line in 2003 as opposed to the 30 he got (2nd highest) in 2004....could be coaching change? I could keep going...but I got to have some billable hours today..... :D

Pancake-  What do you expect of Barlow this year?? Do you think Nolan will commit to him? He could be a steal in the mid rounds if so.  :D

843713[/snapback]

My expectations are low. I figure he will have a slightly worse year than last so I show him around 750 yds and 5 TDs. The whole 49er organization is in a rebuilding mode...there is no upside to any 49er player this year...only downside.