[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Talk about a difference in depth

DMD

For what its worth, I never hearda the guy. It seems to me that most RBs drafted after the second round have a huge uphill battle for playing time. Seems like he was drafted out of necessity, rather than being a guy they really wanted to go after--was the highest on their board and feared someone might take a chance on him in the next round kinda thing.

There are only two ways this guy ever sees the field.

A. Tiki gets hurt

B. Tiki really struggles over the first 6 or 7 weeks in short yardage

The only way Tiki's load gets lightened is if young Eli gets that passing game goin.

That's exactly my point. He's so different than Tiki that it begs the question how he would be used.

844544[/snapback]

I think they know they need someone to get the hard yds. and need to limit Tiki to fewer carries if they want him for a few more seasons. No first rd. pick, and then Jacobs is left to fall to ya in the 4th. They had to address the D in the draft. They gave up an avg. of 30 pts. a game the last six. Granted there were injuries but, there definitely was a need to go D first. I think he was the best they had in that spot and could be a good young power back for them. Is he the answer to Tiki in the long run, I don't think so but, as I've said, who knows what he'll turn out to be. They're actually praising his ability to cut and keep his body low while showing some good speed. Now, that';s just the opposite of what I've read as far as scouting reports so I'll hold my judgement until I see him in some game (pregame) situations.

For what its worth, I never hearda the guy.  It seems to me that most RBs drafted after the second round have a huge uphill battle for playing time.  Seems like he was drafted out of necessity, rather than being a guy they really wanted to go after--was the highest on their board and feared someone might take a chance on him in the next round kinda thing. 

There are only two ways this guy ever sees the field.

A.  Tiki gets hurt

B.  Tiki really struggles over the first 6 or 7 weeks in short yardage

The only way Tiki's load gets lightened is if young Eli gets that passing game goin.

844685[/snapback]

I think he'll be used more than you think. Even Tiki has said his load needs to be lightened if he is to be expected to play another few years. He says he needs a break and, Jacobs will be the one to do that. Tiki will get the bulk but, third and short or 3rd. and goal will go to Jacobs. I think an argument can be made for R/Bs that were drafted after the second rd. also.

I think an argument can be made for R/Bs that were drafted after the second rd. also.

845354[/snapback]

Here it is ...

3.29 - Chris Brown - TEN

4.04 - Dominick Davis - HOU

4.11 - Q Griffin - DEN

4.18 - L Suggs - CLE

3.26 - B Westbrook - PHI

4.37 - N Davenport - GB

3.18 - K Barlow - SF

4.5 - R Johnson - CIN

5.19 - D Blaylock - KC

3.19 - R Droughns - DET

6.23 - M Anderson - DEN

3.15 - Ahman Green - SEA

4.3 - Michael Pittman - ARI

3.11 - Deuce Staley - PHI

4.7 - Stephen Davis - WAS

3.10 - Curtis Martin - NEW

6.25 - Terrell Davis - DEN

5.2 - Herschel Walker - DAL

Granted, they are not all studs ... but have shown they have some skill and some have turned out quite nicely even if it has taken a year or two.

how about, the A$$

as in, the fat-a$$

843974[/snapback]

The Mall?

843982[/snapback]

Hummer

Powerful vehicle

_-_-_-_AND_-_-_-_

Fitting considering his initials

844580[/snapback]

:D:D:D

OK, I know some will laugh out loud..... but there is still a guy named Cloud on the Giants. In his last two years, for the Pats and Giants, he has a 4.35 YPC and 8 TD's. Not too shabby for a backup. He remains in the mix.

OK, I know some will laugh out loud..... but there is still a guy named Cloud on the Giants. In his last two years, for the Pats and Giants, he has a 4.35 YPC and 8 TD's. Not too shabby for a backup. He remains in the mix.

845467[/snapback]

I think you are right

:D Some will laugh out loud.

845467[/snapback]

You're right Cloud is still there but, how committed they are to him, I really don't know. We'll get an idea soon enough.

I think they drafted him more for short yardage and goal line than Tiki's backup in the short term. Now, what they can turn him into is another question.

844541[/snapback]

I drafted him in the Fusion rookie draft.

There was a kffl update that had Coughlin quoted as saying Brandon is NOT just a goalline back, and that he would get work as an all-around back. It was enough to make me think that he could be the future in NY (well... NJ).

845467[/snapback]

Hey, you, get off of Mike Cloud. :D

I drafted him in the Fusion rookie draft.

There was a kffl update that had Coughlin quoted as saying Brandon is NOT just a goalline back, and that he would get work as an all-around back.  It was enough to make me think that he could be the future in NY (well... NJ).

845730[/snapback]

Could be, like I said they were very impressed with him so far. We'll see what gives in camp. I also took him in an auction rook draft but, he's like my homer pick and I'm happy to have him.

I never heard of him until we grabbed him in the draft, but there is one fact about him that I like a lot:

People say, "he's from Southern Illinois? He must not be any good." He actually went to AUBURN.. but he realized he wasn't going to get much playing time, because they had two backs you might have heard of. Ronnie something, and Cadillac whats-his-name. He only went to So.Il because it was D-2 and he didn't have to sit out a year that way.