[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Talk about a difference in depth

DMD

The Giants have Tiki Barber who was electric last year to be sure, but the concensus was that he was likely being used too heavily (his 400 passes/rushes were bettered only by three players - Curtis Martin, Tomlinson and Portis).

Tiki only weighs around 200 pounds and less than that depending on who you ask and where you look. He weighs the same as Westbrook and if Quentin Griffin just had a Big Mac, then Barber may be lighter than any NFL starting back other than Warrick Dunn (180).

So- the G Men use the NFL draft to get a back-up for Barber (since Dayne was sent packing) and who do they get?

Brandon Jacobs. A player that is the tallest RB (6'04") and the heaviest (256). He needs a nickname since he is as big (or bigger) than the Bus.

I just found it interesting that they were wildly successful with Barber and yet selected a RB that is perhaps the most different than Tiki in the entire NFL. You won't have to look at jersey numbers to see which back is running.

The Giants have Tiki Barber who was electric last year to be sure, but the concensus was that he was likely being used too heavily (his 400 passes/rushes were bettered only by three players - Curtis Martin, Tomlinson and Portis).

Tiki only weighs around 200 pounds and less than that depending on who you ask and where you look. He weighs the same as Westbrook and if Quentin Griffin just had a Big Mac, then Barber may be lighter than any NFL starting back other than Warrick Dunn (180).

So- the G Men use the NFL draft to get a back-up for Barber (since Dayne was sent packing) and who do they get?

Brandon Jacobs. A player that is the tallest RB (6'04") and the heaviest (256). He needs a nickname since he is as big (or bigger) than the Bus.

I just found it interesting that they were wildly successful with Barber and yet selected a RB that is perhaps the most different than Tiki in the entire NFL. You won't have to look at jersey numbers to see which back is running.

843911[/snapback]

Do you think Jacobs will get the goal line touches? From the mocks Ive seen, Tiki hasnt been in the 1st roud yet. To me, he deserves 1st round consideration.

843911[/snapback]

How 'bout "Dumptruck" Jacobs? :D

843911[/snapback]

I think they drafted him more for short yardage and goal line than Tiki's backup in the short term. Now, what they can turn him into is another question.

I think they drafted him more for short yardage and goal line than Tiki's backup in the short term. Now, what they can turn him into is another question.

844541[/snapback]

That's exactly my point. He's so different than Tiki that it begs the question how he would be used.