[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky's Comeback

Swampnuts

Read today that Ricky's hired a nutritionist and has bulked up 10 lbs in the last month with workouts. He's well ahead of pace to be back to his playing weight by the time he would see the field. I also read the article about Ronnie Brown in Sports Weekly. From Ronnie and Saban it sounds like the door is wide open for Ricky.

Could be interesting! :D

Isn't he still looking at a minimum 4 game suspension?  I kinda stopped keeping track as I thought that a Ricky comeback would just never happen.

844071[/snapback]

I think that was the story ... I suppose it is up to the league though.

He'll be serving his 4 game suspension, if everything I've heard is true. If you can get him cheap, I mean real cheap take him but I'm just hoping he's there to take a flyer on him. I won't chance anything more, he could be retired by the 6st. game.

He will be able to play the 6th week of the season.  The Dolphins 4th game is a bye and he must serve an actual 4 game suspension.  What is unclear is when he will be able to join the team for workouts.

844274[/snapback]

Are you sure about that? Last I read, Jason Cole of the Herald was not even clear on that issue.

Brown and Williams on the same team would be dumb.  Hopefully they trade.

844555[/snapback]

From a fantasy perspective maybe, but if I was Nick Saban that would be a great problem to have.

Brown and Williams on the same team would be dumb.  Hopefully they trade.

844555[/snapback]

Most rookies hit the rookie wall. A longer schedule and very few if any 'give me' games cause this. This will be ever more true for Ronnie, who has never carried the load. I guess Lamar Gordon could do it, but two backs right now is NOT a bad idea.

I have Ricky as a 8th rd keeper (8.12) I feel there maybe some value there - I might pickup R. Brown in the 3rd Rd to cover my bases - What do you think?

844654[/snapback]

It really depends on if you think the other guys in your league will go after Ricky that soon. Most mocks I have seen have had him going much later than the 8th (10 team as well as 12 team.) So depending on your keeper rules and what your limit is, it really depends.

I think he will last past the 8th, but if you wanna lock down the Miami RB position, I think that would be the smart thing to do.

Seriously. Ricky is now subject to 10 random drug tests per month for the remainder of his career. If he misses or fails one, he's out for a year. How long do you think this will last? Didn't he quit before because he didn't like the way 'the man' was controlling his life?

Seriously. Ricky is now subject to 10 random drug tests per month for the remainder of his career. If he misses or fails one, he's out for a year. How long do you think this will last? Didn't he quit before because he didn't like the way 'the man' was controlling his life?

844767[/snapback]

I guess he'd rather have 'the man' control his life than be broke

844767[/snapback]

Also, the way it is worded ... "subject to 10 tests" makes one think that it is only a possibility of having 10 ... he also could only have 1 from the way it is worded at least in the news and such.

844767[/snapback]

I believe there is a whizzinator some NFL player doesn't need this year.