[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where to put my fantasy leauge?

kpholmes

Oh man... I'm in a pickle here.

I usually do some free fantasy leauges through Yahoo! and buy one or two teams on CBS Sportsline. Well now, a group of me and 10 buddies have decided to set up a leauge, and we can't decide on where.

Here are the three im stuck with,

CBS Sportsline - popular, reliable and... $130

Myfantasyleauge.com - total customization..... $75

Foxsports.com - aparently everything (including live stats) is free....

Anyways, opinions on them, pros/cons for me to consider, let me know.

Thanks!

kyle.

I like Fanball for simple offensive inly leagues and MFL for IDP/dynasty leagues. I think they are probably the 2 best out there, IMO. But I have also heard some people mention RTS Sports, but havent had any experience with them myself.

I'll tell you what I've said in other threads. MFL.com is a bargain for what you get. You have all the options you could ever want and more. Everything is customizable, from the home page to scoring, schedule, and waivers. There is also real-time scoring on game day. It took me a while to set up our league on the site, but when I got done, it was exactly what I wanted. I've used the support e-mail a few times and have always gotten rapid and easily understandable answers. I'm not the most computer-savvy person on the planet, but even I was able to go through the process fairly smoothly. If you don't believe me, you can go to the site and try setting up your league free of charge. If you don't like it, you don't pay a cent. If you DO like it, you pay at the end. It's a win-win scenario.

I have been with myfantasyleague.com for 5 years.  It is by far the best website! I only pay $60.00 plus they go out of there way to help you.

844651[/snapback]

:D

I can't possibly imagine why anybody would pay twice as much for CBSSportsline over MFL.

I suppose they are charging you for fantasy content as well as the league management software. The quality of fantasy "content' at CBSSportsline is so poor that the fact that they get away with charging for it is absolutely astounding.

I'll drop $60 for MFL, and $20 for the Huddle fantasy content and come out WAY ahead.

And I've been using MFL for 3 or 4 years ... before that we were an FFLM league.

In one of my leagues we were a CBSSportline league when they were free and changed to MFL when they decided to rape all their customers at $170 a pop.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Guest THEbigred

FFLM is great if you really want more fine-tuning to your rules and don't mind hosting it on your own site.

I have not used MFL but do like what I see. Will check out the "trial" league.

Yahoo....well it's limited of course, but can't beat the price and if you're fine with a fairly basic setup...

CBS? lol.

I have been in leagues on both RTSports and MFL and I prefer the set-up, look and feel of RTS. They are both about the same. There is another lower cost choice - www.xpertleagues.com I was in one league here last year and it was pretty good. They don't have the as good of live scoring as RTS and MFL, but they a unique set-up with 6 different menus and info on the home page screen. I believe they are only 59.99.

Ran a league for a couple years at rtsports and really liked it, then we decided to use idp's and I emailed their guys and asked em if they planned to support those. They said not in the near future so I moved to mfl and never looked back and of course rtsports moved in that direction not long afterwards. I paid 59 bucks for my mfl leagues this year and will stay with them until I've had my fill of commish duties.

They will also personalize your league scoring if your scoring rules aren't handled in the canned site scoring options.

845972[/snapback]

You can do this on MFL.com also.

IMO Myfantasyleague is the best choice by a wide margin. I commish several leagues and have found mfl's service to be reliable, inexpensive (especially if you renew early) and highly customizable (and getting better every season), plus the customer service is top notch.

FFLM is great if you really want more fine-tuning to your rules and don't mind hosting it on your own site. 

I have not used MFL but do like what I see.  Will check out the "trial" league.

Yahoo....well it's limited of course, but can't beat the price and if you're fine with a fairly basic setup...

CBS?  lol.

845697[/snapback]

FFLM and MFL are by the same company, they have even made them more interchangeable this year in that you can pull MFL data into FFLM (well, at least they were working on this, I have to double check the current data) and run some of the reports that FFLM has, and you can set everything up offline in FFLM and import it into MFL.

Far and away some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with in ANY business relationship. And the biggest bang for your buck there is.