[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 Team Huddle One Day Draft Results

Ziachild007

A good team, but you better hope Martin comes through for you. I have doubts that he can repeat what he did last year.

845229[/snapback]

Martin won't, but he's got studs at every position, and the depth to back it up. Probably the best drafted team, even though I'd have to ga back and see who else was available when he took Martin, since that was probably a mistake.

But before you rub one out D3, this is a 10 team league, so your accomplishment is nothing to brag about. :D

:D

:D's think 10 team leagues are for momos. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

QB Brett Favre GBP 7.09  6 

QB Jake Plummer DEN 10.02  9 

RB Domanick Davis HOU 1.09  3 

RB Corey Dillon NEP 2.02  7 

RB Chris Brown TEN 5.09  10 

RB Carnell Williams TBB 6.02  7 

RB Vernand Morency  HOU 16.02  3 

WR Joe Horn NOS 3.09  10 

WR Darrell Jackson SEA 4.02  8 

WR Donald Driver GBP 8.02  6 

WR Chris Chambers MIA 9.09  4 

WR Tyrone Calico TEN 13.09  10 

TE Eric Johnson SFO 11.09  6 

TE Jermaine Wiggins MIN 12.02  5 

PK Mike Nugent NYJ 14.02  8 

DT Kansas City Chiefs KCC 15.09  5

Solid, if not spectacular at every position. 

Now let me be humble: IMO, there is not a weakness on this team.  I would be more than happy to put this team up against any team in the league on a weekly basis. 

A+++

844844[/snapback]

I gave you all my opinion of my team. Are there any opinions that differ?

Mock Draft Mofos

POS Player Name Team Pick Bye

QB Aaron Brooks NOS 6.04 10

QB Byron Leftwich JAC 12.04 7

RB Deuce McAllister NOS 1.07 10

RB Clinton Portis WAS 2.04 3

RB Kevan Barlow SFO 9.07 6

RB Labrandon Toefield JAC 15.07 7

WR Reggie Wayne IND 3.07 8

WR Larry Fitzgerald ARI 5.07 6

WR Ashley Lelie DEN 7.07 9

WR Braylon Edwards CLE 8.04 4

TE Tony Gonzalez KCC 4.04 5

TE Doug Jolley NYJ 16.04 8

PK Jason Elam DEN 11.07 9

PK John Carney NOS 14.04 10

DT Miami Dolphins MIA 10.04 4

DT Atlanta Falcons ATL 13.07 8

----------------------------------------------------------

Me likey. Took a few guys at WR that could be a risk/reward. Honestly, I won't be surprised this year if Wayne's #s are better than Harrison. I love Fitzgerald in his 2nd year w/out a bum ankle. Lelie should continue to improve, and Edwards rounds out my young but very solid WR corp IMO. Brooks is a possible top 5 fantasy QB (although I hate him as a NFL QB), Deuce should return to top 5 form, and I feel Portis at 2.4 is a steal. Gonzo-stud. Solid keekers, and 2 DEF that should be very good. BIG pt. potential for this team IMO.

I'd line it up with any of 'em. :D

Edited by Hitman

Mock Draft Mofos 

Me likey.  Took a few guys at WR that could be a risk/reward.  Honestly, I won't be surprised this year if Wayne's #s are better than Harrison.  I love Fitzgerald in his 2nd year w/out a bum ankle.  Lelie should continue to improve, and Edwards rounds out my young but very solid WR corp IMO.  Brooks is a top 5 fantasy QB (although I hate him as a NFL QB), Deuce should return to top 5 form, and I feel Portis at 2.4 is a steal.  Gonzo-stud. Solid keekers, and 2 DEF that should be very good.  BIG pt. potential for this team IMO.

I'd line it up with any of 'em.   :D

845259[/snapback]

Solid everywhere but at WR. If you think those are good WR's for a 10 team league, you're crazy.

JMHO. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I gave you all my opinion of my team.  Are there any opinions that differ?

845256[/snapback]

Favre and Plummer at QB? :D

No depth at WR either.

Very good RB's, although I'm not sure why you wasted a pick on Carnell in a re-draft league. :D

Solid everywhere but at WR. If you think those are good WR's for a 10 team league, you're crazy.

JMHO. :D

845260[/snapback]

Yeah, not really the conventional guys you'd expect in a 10 teamer, but I chose a couple of them over older guys (Driver, etc.) that I feel will fall off a bit. I guess it could look a bit crazy, but I really do expect Wayne to become the #1 WR in Indy sooner rather than later. :D

Edited by Hitman

QB Brett Favre GBP 7.09  6 

QB Jake Plummer DEN 10.02  9 

RB Domanick Davis HOU 1.09  3 

RB Corey Dillon NEP 2.02  7 

RB Chris Brown TEN 5.09  10 

RB Carnell Williams TBB 6.02  7 

RB Vernand Morency  HOU 16.02  3 

WR Joe Horn NOS 3.09  10 

WR Darrell Jackson SEA 4.02  8 

WR Donald Driver GBP 8.02  6 

WR Chris Chambers MIA 9.09  4 

WR Tyrone Calico TEN 13.09  10 

TE Eric Johnson SFO 11.09  6 

TE Jermaine Wiggins MIN 12.02  5 

PK Mike Nugent NYJ 14.02  8 

DT Kansas City Chiefs KCC 15.09  5

I gave you all my opinion of my team.  Are there any opinions that differ?

845256[/snapback]

Hm, call me nuts but I'm not crazy about your WRs. Never been a big Horn guy, if for nothing else, Brooks has been wildly inconsistent. Horn can have big games, but he could also throw up goose eggs. And he's your #1. D-Jax, similarly, can put up big games, but has he cured his case of the dropsies? I like Driver as your #3 and Chambers as your #4... it's your "top" WRs that are just ho-hum, at least to me.

Solid set of RBs, although if you were looking to pull off handcuffing of backs, you missed the most critical one to handcuff in Brown. I guess if Brown got injured or just sucked, you could turn to Cadillac.

KC's D? I don't get it... I didn't look at the tail end of the draft, but I assume you just grabbed your D with your last pick, and this was the best out there.

Pretty good team, though. Good job.

Here is my analysis of my picks ... maybe that will help add some believers with Chargerz

1.05 - McGahee - With LT2,SA,and Priest already off the board I was primed to take Manning but Alex took him ahead of me. I like Deuce and Domanick but I just think McGahee will be more reliable. I thought about Edge but I think Willis will get more TD opportunities. Not a big Portis fan.

2.06 - Barber - Was either Barber, CuMar, KJones, RJohnson ... coulda had JJones but that darn Hugh One picked him up for JoJo team ... :D ... anyway I don't think CuMar will do as well as Barber this year (doesn't get the receiving yards and/or tds) and I think KJones and RJohnson are ok but I like the chance of Barber doing what he did last year or even close to it ... I don't think Eli is quite going to be a stud QB yet (can't believe I said that in the same sentence), so the Giants should be running the ball

3.05 - Gates - In a TE only league having a great TE will help tremendously. Had him last year, and he made me a believer so he is essentially my #1 WR in disguise as a TE. Could be some debate between him and Gonzo, but I think he has more to play for (especially if he doesn't get a bigger contract going into the season).

4.06 - Burleson - Of the #1 WR's left he seemingly has the most potential with being on the receiving end from Cpep. Some ?'s as to whether he can handle the load or not, but he showed glimpses last year and I think he'll be able to do it.

5.05 - Bennett - With Mason gone and the flashes of brilliance Drew showed last year, I expect him to have a HUGH year (especially if McNair gets popped in the chest during the first few weeks) ... Drew and Volek had something going last year. He has the height too. A very good #2 option especially with Gates as TE.

6.06 - BAL D - Defense wins championships right ? ... well, that is what they say anyway ... I think having a solid D will help win those close games and you can't get much more solid than BAL (even though I really don't like them ... still gotta give them props)

7.05 - Dunn - A lot of RB's off the board at this point, but Dunn is still there ... I know some people don't like the fact of TJ stealing goal lines, but I think that Dunn is a solid RB especially as #3 who will be used here and there and not an every week starter. How many other backs this late in the draft went 1400 total yds and 9 tds last year?

8.06 - Brees - Bout time for a QB I suppose ... Brees has great potential. Has an absolute stud RB to dump the ball to and take pressure off with a good run game. An incredible TE who grabs the ball with the best of them, and a somewhat average to mediocre receiving core which should be more in groove this year than last year. Last half of the season he put up some high quality numbers with the exception of a DEN game and CLE game (which was in something short of a blizzard). Good upside ... not best option overall but defenitely best value at this point in the draft.

9.05 - Smith - Value ... Another #1 receiver who I know is old but had over 1100 yds last year with 6 tds ... not a bad #3 WR a lot better than some was a good pick this late I think

10.06 - Longwell - Much like a good D a good K can help in those close games you need not only a good K but a good K on a team that gets in scoring position often, and GB is one of them

11.05 - Delhomme - Back QB ... One of my hunch picks. He started spreading the ball around good at the end of the year last year. Not much is expected from the Panthers this year I think so they could very well do some surprising if they can escape the injury bug that him them last year. I don't think the loss of Muhsin is that big since Colbert is solid and Smith is coming back (barring recovery setbacks)

12.06 - Boldin - For a #4 WR I'll take a shot with him. WR's are getting to be slim pickins at this point ... Housh and Calico may have been worthy, but already had Bennett and just thought Boldin deserved a shot playin opposite Fitz who should draw some attention. Housh was probably only other valid option here.

From this point forward all picks are pre-drafted way in advance (which I do not prefer)

13.05 - Pittman - I know that Pittman is not Gruden's favorite and they got a bright shiny new RB in town, but as a #4 and this late he has some value. I mean, for heaven's sakes, in 13 games he had over 1300 total yds and 10 tds ... are you really gonna throw someone like that to the sidelines for the whole year. Not unless he does something stupid (which is always possible).

14.06 - LJ Smith - Mainly to pick up Gates bye week and any potential bad matchups (which is unlikely but possible)

15.05 - Stallworth - One of those highly touted guys last year who disappointed and now suffers in a current draft. Worth a shot as a #5 receiver ... if he develops then great, if not, at this point in the draft I am pretty well filled. Suppose I could have gone another RB, but I wasn't even awake to be picking here anyway.

16.06 - Kaeding - backup K ... for bye week and matchup purposes only

I'm tellin you, this team ain't as bad as it sounds. I do think Darin3 and TScorp would be the toughest as long as T's WR's are on it.

Favre and Plummer at QB? :D

No depth at WR either.

Very good RB's, although I'm not sure why you wasted a pick on Carnell in a re-draft league. :D

845262[/snapback]

Thanks for the input H1. Now here is my defense: :D

In a re-draft why not Favre? You have a QB who in 12 seasons as a full time starter, has only thrown under 27 TDs 3 times and under 3800 yards 3 times as well. Yeah, Plummer had a career year last year, but I think there offense still has pretty much all of the same components.

Chambers makes a solid #4 WR, if the Fins get the running game boost that Brown/Smokey should give them. Of course a lot of that would depend on Frerotte (I hope and not Feely).

And I still think Caddy will be the starter on day 1 for the Bucs. Pittman may come in on 3rd downs, but I think thats gonna be it.

Your witness. :D

Hm, call me nuts but I'm not crazy about your WRs.  Never been a big Horn guy, if for nothing else, Brooks has been wildly inconsistent.  Horn can have big games, but he could also throw up goose eggs.  And he's your #1.  D-Jax, similarly, can put up big games, but has he cured his case of the dropsies?  I like Driver as your #3 and Chambers as your #4... it's your "top" WRs that are just ho-hum, at least to me. 

845279[/snapback]

I hate Brooks, to be perfectly honest. And Horn may not have a big game every week, but really, who does? Hopefully DJax will step up this year and flourish as the unquestioned #1 guy now that KRob is gone. I think Jackson was the #1 last year, but Holmgren wanted it to be Robinson. Thats just my opinion, but to me he gave him too many opportunities for that not to be the case.

Solid set of RBs, although if you were looking to pull off handcuffing of backs, you missed the most critical one to handcuff in Brown.  I guess if Brown got injured or just sucked, you could turn to Cadillac.

845279[/snapback]

I dont know if you looked at my comments, but when I took Morency, I wanted to take Browns handcuff. The big problem there is me and most of the fantasy world arent sure who that is gonna be and I didnt want to waste 3 picks trying to figure it out. :D

KC's D?  I don't get it... I didn't look at the tail end of the draft, but I assume you just grabbed your D with your last pick, and this was the best out there.

845279[/snapback]

My thinking here was that their defense has the players to be good & since return Tds are awarded Dante may be good for a couple of big weeks.

Pretty good team, though.  Good job.

845279[/snapback]

Thanks, yours too. By the way, I started to make the Penny pick for you, considering that HAD to be the pick there, but left it alone. I guess great minds think alike :D

Thanks, yours too.  By the way, I started to make the Penny pick for you, considering that HAD to be the pick there, but left it alone.  I guess great minds think alike :D

845300[/snapback]

Did you make that gem of a Davis pick for me or did the computer decide to play a practical joke on me?

I don't know how I missed that pick... I had my cell phone's alarm set to go off, and somehow I still missed it. :doah:

I'm tellin you, this team ain't as bad as it sounds.  I do think Darin3 and TScorp would be the toughest as long as T's WR's are on it.

845280[/snapback]

Thanks for the Props 1stimer! :D

I like your McGahee pick especially at 1.5. I like Barber over K Jones as I am not sure what the QB situation at Detroit is going to look like. NFC defenses are used to playing against top receivers (Moss/Walker) and great QB's to get them the ball (C-Pep/Favre). Barber is a huge part of NY's offense and Eli may use him to dump to agian this year. If Gates has a year like last year you do have a #1 WR at TE. I though you got great value in your first three picks. Burleson is a big if this year...what will the O'line look like, will Loney be a run first O'Cord. What will the running game look like? Will Nate be a true number one or was he getting the ball due to Moss drawing coverage. Bennett seemed to be a all or nothing WR last year and didn't seem to click with McNair.

Baltimore defense is great but you might have been able to get another solid back or a WR or your starting QB. Might have been able to wait a round or two.

I have drafted Dunn too many times and been dissappointed to like him this or any year.

Brees has huge upside as does Delhomme but you are going to have to quess which one to start each week! I prefer a QB whom you you just start every week..

All in all not a bad team.

Did you make that gem of a Davis pick for me or did the computer decide to play a practical joke on me?

I don't know how I missed that pick... I had my cell phone's alarm set to go off, and somehow I still missed it.  :doah:

845306[/snapback]

:D Uhhh.......musta been the computer :D

Actually when I looked at your roster, I guess I didnt see Alexander and only saw Bennett/Moore and Martin/Blaylock. :D So I figured that during their bye weeks you would need a stop gap and there wasnt much left and Davis could either a ) beat Foster out or b ) Foster could get hurt...........again. SO thats where the Davis pick came from. I tried to let your full timer run on any pick I made for you, with out getting too close to actually going on computer control, so I hope you didnt mind.

OK, I'm Game,

QB Donovan McNabb 3.06

Great Pick at 3.06, with or without TO he'll put up points.

QB Kyle Boller 15.06

One of the QB's that no one wanted. Folks, he's going to be good this year

RB Edgerrin James 1.06

Stud, enuf said

RB Julius Jones 2.05

Stud in training, Parcells will ride him all year. A steal at 2.05

RB Cedric Benson 6.05

Bit of a gamble but at 6.05, I'll risk it on a rookie RB

RB Dominic Rhodes 13.06

Handcuff pick, now I'm covered

RB Anthony Thomas 14.05

Another Handcuff pick, A-Train will be the backup this year

WR Hines Ward 4.05

A bit of a gamble. When Big Ben took over, he had a major case of man love for Plax. Now that Plax is gone, Ward becomes the primary target again, or else I'm hosed.

WR Jerry Porter 5.06

Everyone and their mother will be covering Moss when they play them. Porter is going to have a field day.

WR Derrick Mason 7.06

Finally, a quality WR to throw too, see Boller comments

WR Brandon Stokley 8.05

#3 WR for the Colts, better then a lot of #1s and #2s. Now I'm gambling that he'll have another good year also.

WR Keyshawn Johnson 12.05

#1 WR in the 12th, why not. Who else is Bledsoe going to throw to.... :D

TE Randy McMichael 10.5

He's a TE for christsakes. Once the Elite have gone, what do expect. Could be my worst pick considering that the QB throwing to him.

PK Mike Vanderjagt 9.06

Quality kicker that gets plenty of opportunities

PK John Kasay 16.05

My backup in case the above starts hitting the sauce again

DT Dallas Cowboys 11.06

Expecting BIG things from this group, may well be one of the suprise picks of the season.

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

In that case I'd have Bennett/Moore, one of whom will have the undervalued Minnesota RB position.  Or, if we're talking about a Martin injury, I have Blaylock. 

:D

845235[/snapback]

Your handcuffs were good moves! :D