[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Typical Seahawks Receiver

MikesVikes

Pathon has come into a recent camp 8 lbs. over weight. Holmgren isn't happy with his most recent underachiever of a receiver. What does Jerome have to say about it?

Paraphrase: I don't want to peak before the season even begins.

It's all down hill from here, buddy!

Ahhh give Jerome a break. So he's been hangin out with his old college buddies. This, luckily, will be nothing in two weeks when he's in shape. If it were 15-20lbs, it may have been an issue. I still bet he pushes Engram for the #2 spot.

Pathon was a great possession receiver for us. I hated to see him go, because even though he's little he'll take the hit over the middle and hang on. With the stable of speed receivers the Saints have, he easily had the best hands. He has to fight to get off the line though. I don't think Seattle will be disappointed.

Ahhh give Jerome a break.  So he's been hangin out with his old college buddies.  This, luckily, will be nothing in two weeks when he's in shape.  If it were 15-20lbs, it may have been an issue.  I still bet he pushes Engram for the #2 spot.

846348[/snapback]

Pathon pushes Engram for the #2 spot? Does the insanity of that remark scare you as a Seahawks homer? Two cast-offs fighting for a starting job next to butter fingers DJax.

Yikes.

:D

Even if he came in at the correct weight Homegrins would have found something else to complain about.

Jackson

Engram

Pathon

Hackett

That is going to be the lineup IMHO. Engram is the go to guy on third down and I don't see that changing at all. Also do NOT see Robinson being re-signed. Not worth the trouble he causes on and off the field.

Pathon cannot cut it as a #2. The Colts tried for years. He'd work in the slot better.

I found it funny the New Orleans fan above called him a "great possession" receiver. The guy dropped tons of balls as a Colt. In my opinion, the Seahawks are in the same boat they were with Koren Robinson. Pathon is slower, but more dependable.

Pathon cannot cut it as a #2.  The Colts tried for years.  He'd work in the slot better.

I found it funny the New Orleans fan above called him a "great possession" receiver.  The guy dropped tons of balls as a Colt.  In my opinion, the Seahawks are in the same boat they were with Koren Robinson.  Pathon is slower, but more dependable.

848196[/snapback]

Bobby Engram is already as effective a slot receiver as there is in the NFL on 3rd downs, something the Seahawks are trying to avoid changing. THey hope Jurevicius or Pathon can play well enough to get into the #2.

Granted it was now a long time ago, but when Jerome Pathon went to the UW here in Seattle, his hands were downright ridiculous. The guy caught every ball thrown to him, and routinely laid-out for flying one-handers. I think being so small he got knocked around a bit in Indy and it took him a while to get his feet, or hands, under him. Believe me guys, I'm not trying to say I'm happy with our receiving corps situation, just relaying information.

In a previous post, Hackett was mentioned without note of Jurveicius. Hackett actually has greatly disappointed to this point, and is behind Jerhami Urban and Alex Bannister on the depth chart, and will battle Taco Wallace for practice squad duties.

Yeah, I was surprised Pathon never turned out to be any good. He did have 50 catches as a rook, but never seemed to make a niche with the Colts. And his drops came at the absolute worst times. The Colts had special contacts made for him and had him taking concentration lessons. I remember Bryan Cox knocked the piss out of him one time over the middle, but he did hang on to that one. The one thing about Pathon was that he ALWAYS left his feet trying to make the catch, either jumping or diving. It looked like he was always trying to make it too hard. I swear, he must have had about 4 YAC with the Colts.

The Colts also drafted E.G. Green in the same draft in the third round. He's out of the NFL. It's a good thing the first rounder turned out o.k. :D

It was Peyton Manning.