[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft position

BigTen

I have the #2 spot in a 12 team redraft. I was thinking of trading to 10-12 spot. What do yoyu guys think? Is the beginning of the draft better than the end or not? :D

Guest THEbigred
if ya gave us the scroing it would help

846048[/snapback]

No it wouldn't actually, as there is no "right" answer. I've done equally well (or poorly) drafting at the top, middle, and end.

No it wouldn't actually, as there is no "right" answer.  I've done equally well (or poorly) drafting at the top, middle, and end.

846083[/snapback]

While I agree in the most part, here... I think this season you want a true stud RB. There's plenty of depth at the position, so if you draft in the upper third of the draft, you're pretty much guaranteed a pure stud RB, and can definitely get a solid #2 RB with your second (or even third) pick.

Assume LT2 goes 1.1. You can take Peyton Manning at 1.2 and then with your 2nd and 3rd rounders you will get some quality rb's. I would NOT move out of the 2nd spot. Or take Alexander at 1.2 and you will still get a stud rb in round 2...

Depends on your strategy. I'd stay at two myself. If I was to trade, I'd try to go to 4-5, but no further.

At the 2 pick you are guaranteed either LT or Alexander and would be in position to land a player such as C.Johnson or T. Holt in round 2, and snag a good #2 back such as C. Brown with the wraparound pick.

You need a guaranteed producer with the first round pick, and the #2 spot will give you just that.

...there is no "right" answer.  I've done equally well (or poorly) drafting at the top, middle, and end.

846083[/snapback]

I agree with this. In fact, contrary to some of the stuff I've been reading, I believe the depth at RB makes draft position even less important this season. In the past I've been more comfortable with a mid to late round pick so that I could be assured of getting a safe, solid RB after the turn but I'm far less concerned about it this year.

I don't think a single RB has a lock on being a top 5 player. Sure, some like LT and Edge have the inside track, but ther are so monay good, young players that you can't tell this year that easily.

If it's me, I prefer to draft 9 or later, with 11 or 12 being ideal. 12,13,36,37 provides the best value this year IMHO.

I don't think a single RB has a lock on being a top 5 player.  Sure, some like LT and Edge have the inside track, but ther are so monay good, young players that you can't tell this year that easily.

If it's me, I prefer to draft 9 or later, with 11 or 12 being ideal.  12,13,36,37 provides the best value this year IMHO.

846293[/snapback]

Good info here. I like the 1-2 punch at the higher draft picks. You have the chance to get two top 10 players if you draft wisely.

That being said, the opportunity in certin scoring leagues to have a Manning or other top top player can be irresistable.

I also have the 2nd pick and I have to say at first thought was a little disappointed but after giving it thought and looking at my rb board I have to say I'm feeling alot better about # 1.2 I mean I figure LT goes first pretty much leaves me Shaun Alexander or Edge...(leaning towards Alexander). I have alot of time to think about that 2nd rounder now but I feel that 3rd rounder has got to be right on, it's a long haul to the 4th rounder.

I personally like being near the top or bottom of a draft (1-3 or 9-12) in any given year. It's especially helpful in the middle to late rounds of the draft. For example, if I had 5.10 and 6.3, I could look at the rosters of the two guys in front of me and get an idea of where they're heading with their picks, and that might give me the opportunity to wait until 6.3 to draft the guy I was originally considering at 5.10. Other than that, I don't really see any advantage to any position in the draft. You're good as long as you don't draft this year's Kevan Barlow equivalent in the first round.