[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bronco's RB

AWalls

I think Bell will enter the season as the starter, but don't expect Shanny to give him much slack. If he does poorly, Shanny won't hesitate to pull him because there are quite a few guys ready and willing to replace him. It could quickly become RBBC.

Weeks 1 thru 2, Anderson.

Weeks 3 thru 6, Bell.

Weeks 7 thru 8, Clarett.

Week 9, Dayne.

Week 10 thru 12, Bell.

Week 13, Clarett.

Week 14 to 15, Anderson.

Week 16, Dayne.

Week 17, Clarett.

Sorry, I didnt look up Denver's bye week.

Weeks 1 thru 2, Anderson.

Weeks 3 thru 6, Bell.

Weeks 7 thru 8, Clarett.

Week 9, Dayne.

Week 10 thru 12, Bell.

Week 13, Clarett.

Week 14 to 15, Anderson.

Week 16, Dayne.

Week 17, Clarett.

Sorry, I didnt look up Denver's bye week.

847072[/snapback]

you forgot to throw in Griffin.

My bet is that Bell starts out and just when you think you can rely on him, Shanahan will throw in Clarett just to make himself look good.

I think the majority of the carries will go to Bell. I am afraid that Shanny may give away goal line carries to Dayne. I could see it being similar to the Steelers early last season letting Staley take them down the field and Bettis getting the short TD.

Just like almost every Denver RB since TD I think Shanny could and probably pull any of them out of the line up at any point. As well as Denver runs the ball I would probably be too worried about that to draft any Denver RB with the intent of them being a weekly starter for my roster.

I think the majority of the carries will go to Bell. I am afraid that Shanny may give away goal line carries to Dayne. I could see it being similar to the Steelers early last season letting Staley take them down the field and Bettis getting the short TD.

There's one major difference Bettis can get in the endzone, Dayne can't.

I think Bell starts and if he can stay healthy (a big if) and not find his way into Shanny's doghouse (missing blocks, fumbling etc.) he'll keep the job. There has never been a RBBC in Denver that I recall. I think if Shanny finds someone he can rely on, he sticks with him. The concern I have with drafting a Denver RB is one screw up and Shanny won't hesitate to put someone else in.

I'm really not to concerned with Dayne steeling goal line carries. He proved in NY he wasn't a short yardage guy.....or long yardage guy.

Bell or total RBBC with everyone in the mix.

847053[/snapback]

Perhaps my memory is failing me, but I don't recall Shanahan going RBBC very often. When a back is performing, he tends to get 20+ carries/game. Of course, the featured back role may change hands two or three times during the season.

My money's on Bell.

Perhaps my memory is failing me, but I don't recall Shanahan going RBBC very often.  When a back is performing, he tends to get 20+ carries/game.  Of course, the featured back role may change hands two or three times during the season.

My money's on Bell.

847483[/snapback]

You are right - Shanahan doesn't use RBBC within games almost ever. He sticks with whatever back he starts with. The only question is what back he starts with since he will change that on a whim, particularly when he has a good stock to pull from and seemingly every one of them is successful.

I still think that Bell won't play the entire year. He gets hurt too easily and Clarett will see time in at least a game or two given Shanahan's past.

This will not be that difficult once the season starts. Griffin was clearly the man going into the season. I think it took 4 games (3 where he stunk up the place) before Shanny have up on him and then he stuck with Droughns until he wore out.

Barring injury, Bell is the man going into the season. Anderson goes back to fullback and Clarett ends up being the primary back up. Alot depends on Bell's health, but he was only a rookie last year. If he has another injury plagued season, then I'll believe he is a big injury risk. Otherwise I expect big things out of Bell this year.