[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats IDPs

OK, here's a start, with more to come. Anyone with any good info should please chime in.

I used the depth chart from Ourlads, since the Pats don't really update theirs as much as anyone would like. :D

Defensive End:

Projected Starters: Ty Warren, Richard Seymour.

Already you see there's a bit of an issue, maybe. Seymour was AWOL for mandatory mini camp but did show up for the ring ceremony at Bob Kraft's house. I'd like to think he was just making a statement but we'll see. He's been a solid citizen in NE thus far. Key back ups are Marquise Hill, Jarvis Green (who would likely be the guy who would step in for Seymour), Rodney Bailey (who missed nearly the entire season last year with injury). They have a rookie UDFA Santonio Thomas. Haven't heard a thing about him as yet.

Outside Linebackers:

Projected Starters:Left: Willie McGinest/ Right: Vrabel

This is a large group of players and there's bound to be some shuffling this offseason. Included in the list of LBs are Rosevelt Colvin, Matt Chatham on the left and Chad Brown and Tully Banta-Cain on the right. Where Brown fits in is not immediately clear. Early news has been of the positive "he's a professional and learning quickly" variety. McGinest is a guy who keeps hanging around. He was considered practically washed up a few years ago, and yet here he is. Keep in mind he lines up at DE sometimes.

Inside Linebackers:

Projected Starters: Left: Ted Johnson/ Right: Tedy Bruschi

Bruschi has not made any announcement about his intentions yet. He has been a regular visitor to the facilities at the stadium throughout the spring. Monty Beisel would likely be the guy to take his spot should be be unable to go. Larry Izzo and Dan Klecko, Ryan Claridge® and Don Davis round out backups in this group.

Safeties:

Projected Starters:Strong: Rodney Harrison/ Free: Eugene Wilson

The Pats could barely keep guys on the field last year. Key backups to these positions include James Sanders®, Dexter Reid at strong safety and Gus Scott and Antuan Edwards at free safety. I don't think Eugene Wilson will be losing any sleep this summer. :D

Cornerback:

Projected Starters:Left: Randall Gay/ Right: Asante Samuel

Tyrone Poole, Hank Poteat and Ellis Hobbs® are listed as backups to Gay. Duane Starks and Chad Scott are behind Samuel.

Comments:

There's little of substance out and about in the news, but that's nothing new. Richard Seymour's absence from minicamp caused a stir on local radio as it took everyone by surprise. Rodney Harrison has been heard mumbling a bit but hasn't taken it anywhere.

Monty Beisel and Chad Brown are the obvious guys to watch for this summer as we see how they get worked into the system. I'll be looking for info on Colvin too, who can hopefully recapture his pre-injury form.

I think it's funny that putting a capital R inside parenthesis gives you a trademark symbol. Carl's been having fun with the language filter again. :D

I think Asante Samuel is as secure in his position as anyone could be at this time of the year for the Pats. :D Injuries to the secondary being what they are, they probably still don't have enough guys on their roster. :D