[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFL Network

THE SIX KINGS

The NFL Network will televise 55 games during the 2005 preseason.

The network will use the television feeds of local broadcasts, using the road team announcers for one half and the home team crew for the other. Of those 55, six will air live.

In addition, NFL Network will present a live look-in show that moves around to NFL preseason games in progress. Seven of those shows will air during the preseason, featuring action from four to nine games taking place simultaneously.

Associated Press

The NFL Network will televise 55 games during the 2005 preseason.

The network will use the television feeds of local broadcasts, using the road team announcers for one half and the home team crew for the other. Of those 55, six will air live.

In addition, NFL Network will present a live look-in show that moves around to NFL preseason games in progress. Seven of those shows will air during the preseason, featuring action from four to nine games taking place simultaneously.

Associated Press

848366[/snapback]

I love the NFL network :D:D:D

By the way, have you seen that Miami Dolphins' Cheerleaders reality show? :D:D

I love the NFL network  :D  :D  :D

By the way, have you seen that Miami Dolphins' Cheerleaders reality show?  :D  :D

848467[/snapback]

LoL, I'll admit I enjoy watching the Game of the Week (which usually are 3-4 different games in a given week) But... You can't beat the Reality of a Miami Dolphins' Cheerleader... Its a genius idea. And only football junkies get exposed to it. hehe.

Hard Knocks is fun to watch too. Todd Heap as a rookie learning from Sharpe. Very entertaining.

And last year they had that one with the Jaguars?

You can't beat the Reality of a Miami Dolphins' Cheerleader... Its a genius idea. And only football junkies get exposed to it. hehe.

848498[/snapback]

I was actually disappointed with that decision. I enjoy watching scantily-clad cheerleaders as much as the next guy, but I can watch half-naked chicks on any of the other networks. I can't watch '84 Bears highlights or a documentary on Dan Marino on FOX or ABC. Those hoes cut into my football-viewing time. :D

I was actually disappointed with that decision.  I enjoy watching scantily-clad cheerleaders as much as the next guy, but I can watch half-naked chicks on any of the other networks.  I can't watch '84 Bears highlights or a documentary on Dan Marino on FOX or ABC.  Those hoes cut into my football-viewing time.  :D

849025[/snapback]

Ok... Ok... but you're still getting 22 hours of football a day. And a break for about 2 hours of cheerleaders...

Still pretty nice if ya ask me.

lol

Yep. I Tivo'd and watched parts or all of the last years preseason games and will do the same this year. These games are great for scouting rookies and teams that have new offensive coordinators to see how the team is adjusting. Last year I picked up Kevin Jones pretty deep (5th round - 10 team league) in the draft as my #2 RB after seeing him run in preseason....it killed me that he was injured early in drafts though. It enabled me to focus on a couple of marquis players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds knowing that it was highly likely that he would drop to me in the 4th or 5th round.

Edited by Pancake

Ok... Ok... but you're still getting 22 hours of football a day. And a break for about 2 hours of cheerleaders...

Still pretty nice if ya ask me.

lol

849032[/snapback]

Unfortunately for me, I'm not watching football for 24 hours straight and this cheerleading crap airs right in the middle of prime time.

I don't have a huge problem with NFL Network showing non-football-related garbage like this every once in a while, but it conerns me that they're going to more agressively cater to the immature, reality-TV-watching, horny-teenager demographic. There's already more than enough mindless sex/reality TV trash on FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc. NFL Network does a tremendous job and I don't want to see them sink to ESPN's level. I'd like to see them stick to the old NFL Films, player/coach documentaries, Game of the Week, the training camp shows, the rookie profiles, the analysis shows, etc. THAT'S why we all watch NFL Network, after all.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Unfortunately for me, I'm not watching football for 24 hours straight and this cheerleading crap airs right in the middle of prime time.

I don't have a huge problem with NFL Network showing non-football-related garbage like this every once in a while, but it conerns me that they're going to more agressively cater to the immature, reality-TV-watching, horny-teenager demographic.  There's already more than enough mindless sex/reality TV trash on FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc.  NFL Network does a tremendous job and I don't want to see them sink to ESPN's level.  I'd like to see them stick to the old NFL Films, player/coach documentaries, Game of the Week, the training camp shows, the rookie profiles, the analysis shows, etc.  THAT'S why we all watch NFL Network, after all.

849076[/snapback]

True. Very True. And don't forget "In their own words"

But you're right though, is agrivating when you are in a football mood, go to sit down to watch the game of the week, or the 2004 Seahawks highlights, and all you get is crying cheerleaders for not making the team...

Good call Bill.

I don't have a huge problem with NFL Network showing non-football-related garbage like this every once in a while, but it conerns me that they're going to more agressively cater to the immature, reality-TV-watching, horny-teenager demographic.  There's already more than enough mindless sex/reality TV trash on FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc.  NFL Network does a tremendous job and I don't want to see them sink to ESPN's level.  I'd like to see them stick to the old NFL Films, player/coach documentaries, Game of the Week, the training camp shows, the rookie profiles, the analysis shows, etc.  THAT'S why we all watch NFL Network, after all.

849076[/snapback]

There is only is limited amount of current NFL related content right now so I dont mind the crap that they are showing as long as it 24-7 football when preseason starts.

There is only is limited amount of current NFL related content right now so I dont mind the crap that they are showing as long as it 24-7 football when preseason starts.

849086[/snapback]

Agreed. "No hoes after July!"

Although it might be interesting to see an NFL Films "documentary" about how Willie Roaf left NO for KC because Joe Horn was banging his wife. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

849076[/snapback]

I thought it was the Dirty Old Man Demographic, Does that mean I have to quit watching????? :D

Agreed.  "No hoes after July!"

Although it might be interesting to see an NFL Films "documentary" about how Willie Roaf left NO for KC because Joe Horn was banging his wife.  :D

849104[/snapback]

No Hoes after July? Now wait a minute, your taking one of my three hobbies away.... :D