[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interboard Challenge League 2005

Big Talker

EDIT: We have 12 owners now, so we're full up for this season. Thanks to everyone who showed interest.

I've been asked to be the huddle commissioner for the 2005 Interboard Challenge League. The IBL has been in existence for four seasons and is a free, 60-team "bragging rights" competition with four other FF forums. I have e-mailed all the 2004 huddle participants, but it appears we will have several openings for 2005. If you're interested in representing the huddle in this season's IBL, please post here and send me an e-mail. Let me know how many years you've played FF, if you're in any BOTH leagues, and any other pertinent info about yourself and your FF experience.

IBL Rules

2004 IBL web site

IBL Forum

IBL Final Standings - 2004

Edited by Big Talker

Here are the twelve huddlers who will play in IBL 2005:

Buffalo Wings (2004 owner)

Timmypg (2004 owner)

Big Talker (2004 owner)

StormChasers (2004 owner)

MikesVikes (2004 owner)

Voltaire (2004 owner)

Whiskey Pimp

Perchoutofwater

darin3

budlitebrad

BS Miscreant

Piranha

Edited by Big Talker

I'm interested.

I've been playing fantasy football for 8 years (baseball & basketball for much longer). I have several championships under my belt in "less intense" leagues, and one championship (2 seasons ago) in a very competitive league that has been around for nearly 20 years. I am commish of a small online league each season, and have been the commish of my "big" league twice.

I am currently in several BOTH leagues: ConFusion (new IDP Dynasty league), Good vs. Evil (multi-division league), and the Huddle Mock IDP League (league that sprung up as a result of the Huddle Handbook's IDP Mock draft). I am also putting together a league for California Huddlers. Besides these leagues, I am in one online league with friends, another IDP league with friends, and the "big" league I mentioned previously.

I have the distinct honor of moderating the newly-formed Huddle IDP forum. I consider myself pretty knowledgable when it comes to IDP leagues.

I'd be honored to help represent The Huddle in what surely will be a resounding flurry of victories for our esteemed website.

I'm not seeing where you posted your email, so I'll assume you mean Huddle PM... or perhaps you have a direct link to your email on your profile. I will check after posting this. Thanks for your consideration.

I'm interested I've played for a whooping 2 years and won $200 for winning the league last year. I am young but I''ll get the job done. The only experience I have in IBL Leagues is the baseball one this year (currently placed 4th).

Edited by broncosn05

It will be nice to see some new blood in the league this year.  It is time for theHuddle to take back its rightful spot as champions of the league.   :D

851216[/snapback]

Yeah, the huddle won the IBL its first two years, then dropped to last a couple seasons ago before finishing third last year. Time to get back on top! :D

Edited by Big Talker

I'm in the league already. Do I need to audition? Two years ago, I tied for first place in the league.

Do I have to sell myself? I played in two local leagues last year, played in two of two superbowls, and won one of the league championships. I'm the commissioner of the other league and have been for quite some time.

I've had success in the IBL except for that one Jamal Lewis injury in the first year of existance of the league. Yea, I should've seen that one coming cut me, cut me now, Lou! :D

Edited by MikesVikes

I sent the following email to my fellow IBL / Huddle partners from last year - just thought I'd re-post here:

To all my fellow Huddlers -

I will probably not be able to participate this year due to time constraints and the number of leagues I'm in. :D If there are other fellow Huddlers who would like in, I 'd be willing to step aside. :D Otherwise, I may drop out of one of my local leagues and stay in as a Huddle representative. Just let me know what works for you guys.

Thanks - Nogohawk

So if there are other Huddlers looking to help out - Good Luck all! :D

Edit to add:

Didn't fair well during the regular season, but finished 2nd in the Newbie tier (3rd flight ) of the playoffs. :D And was the highest scoring team in the Newbie tier - my team finally cam alive during the final weeks. :D

Edited by nogohawk

This is a very competitive league. For example Rez (O4 Commish) was 23-44 last season but had a 41-26 record the year before. Do you look at the records of only last season or how do you determine who gets booted if anyone does, in fact get booted? Do you look at my 02 record of 44-18 or my 01 record when Jamal gets injured?

If you'd prefer somebody that will hold up your draft for several days, then I'm not a good candidate.

If you'd prefer somebody that has never played in a league like this before, than I'm not a good candidate.

I spend 24/7 on the waiver wires in a free league such as this because I hate to lose. I'd trade a kicker or defense each and every week if it would give me another win at the end of the year. Anybody in this league that isn't active with waivers, shouldn't bother.

Edited by MikesVikes

I'm interested as well... Is there still an opening left or am I too late?

Been playing FF for 10 years now, in 4 BOTH leagues, a local league,

and another online league.

Financially, I'm maxed. But if it is free and competetive, then I'm interested :D

Edited by Piranha

I would like to be considered if an opening presents itself.

I have 10 years of FF experience 5 of which include being League Commissioner. I have made the playoffs 4 times with 1 championship.

I am also in a HAG League starting this season, the Generation Lost League.

MikesVikes, yes, you're automatically in since you played last year.  Welcome back!

Perchoutofwater and darin3, you're in, too.  This morning I received e-mails from two 2004 owners that needed to back out, so I put you now in those open slots since your credentials are good and you were next in line.

broncosn05, budlitebrad and Piranha, you're all in the running for any other slots that may open up.  (Piranha, please shoot me an e-mail.)

Thanks for everyone's interest.  Anyone else want to throw his hat in the ring?

851502[/snapback]

I would love to throw my hat in the ring. Avid reader, sometimes poster...I am commish of my local for 5 yrs now. It is a money league and very competitve. 7th year of fantasy FB.

broncosn05, budlitebrad and Piranha, you're all in the running for any other slots that may open up.  (Piranha, please shoot me an e-mail.)

Thanks for everyone's interest.  Anyone else want to throw his hat in the ring?

851502[/snapback]

Thanks BT, Just shipped you an e-mail !

I'll most likely be back, but will let you know ASAP if I change my mind. One bummer for me is they like to block MFL at work so I usually need someone to e-mail me the draft status and let me know when it's my turn to pick.

For all newbies, this drafting process is INSANE. There are 5 seperate drafts that start at different times and you can trade in and out of all the drafts to try and find value. It's a trading mofo's dream!

I'll most likely be back, but will let you know ASAP if I change my mind. One bummer for me is they like to block MFL at work so I usually need someone to e-mail me the draft status and let me know when it's my turn to pick.

For all newbies, this drafting process is INSANE. There are 5 seperate drafts that start at different times and you can trade in and out of all the drafts to try and find value. It's a trading mofo's dream!

852788[/snapback]

Great Fun! I actually had to make a few phone calls to beat the crowd for one of my draft trades.

Hope to see you in the league again, Cap'n.

Edited by MikesVikes

I'm in three leagues and the commissioner of one. Been playing for close to ten years.

Give me a PM if you need another rep. for the league. I've never played in an interboard league, so if there's more huddlers out there with IB experience feel free to defer to them.