[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fanball or MyFantasyLeague?

Primetime9287

I used fanball last year and I was pleased with what I got. It was cheap ($60) and it worked out well for me. It seems like most leagues are using myfantasyleague.com though. I was just wondering what makes myfantasyleague better than fanball. If it is a lot better, I need to make an apparent change. Thanks guys

myfantasyleague.com

1. Allows you to do anything with league rules for starters

2. Fanball was sold to some Corp, so who knows what is going to happen now if Charchian is not involved

3. $$$ If I remember right MFL is cheaper

4. You can personalize your league any way you want as far as appearance goes

5. MFL is the best FF site I have ever used and it will take a lot for me to stop using there services

Can you not do fractional points on mfl?  I'm trying to set up where every yard rushing is .1 points, and all it is letting me do is 1 yard every 10 yards rushing.  It is the same thing but I want the franctional points.

851060[/snapback]

And Im trying to make FG values different based upon length and Im having difficulty.  LOL

851072[/snapback]

You can do both by clicking on "custom scoring". The EDIT buttons will allow you to adjust points per yard and points for FG length.

Looks like you might have to set the "range" for your yardage on the same page you are entering the scoring. With a low and high number.

If that doesn't make sense or work....on any MFL page you can click on the "need help" link top right of the page, below your login and it will bring up a help page for whatever page you are on.

Didn't MFL do an upgrade this year regarding fractional points? It is getting more common place and I think that there may be a yes/no question somewhere if you want to use fractional pts. Regard if you figured it out already. :D

In MFL, go to general league scoring and set the number of decimal places you want to have for scoring.

Edited by MikesVikes

I'm having the same issue in my local. We've used Sportsline all along. But me and a few others are sick of spending 35% of our pot on the site. It's a 10 person league and the fee is only $40. I suggested mfl, and the other suggested yahoo.

The only benefit to sportsline was that you could post articles, and it looks pretty, thats it to me. However, not many post articles anymore. The message board set up is subpar so there's not much trash talking. The site analysis isn't the best either.

But there are a few who are stubborn :D:D and won't vote for the switch.

We voted last year and the league did not swith to MFL from CBS. This year people say they don't care but they would rather pay a little extra money because they are comfortable with CBS. I am switching anyway and if anyone gives me crap, they can be commish. There are a lot of people who don't care about the money and don't need the ease of use like the commish does. They just want a pretty screen, scores, and standings. They don't know everything that goes into it. I would propose the change showing all of the reasons it makes sense and if the commish is on board, require a 2/3 vote to disallow the switch.

I'd consider paying for the commish service for a league that I'm in out of my own pocket to use MFL rather than go back to what we have for another year. We don't even have live scoring and don't even know lineups until late Sunday many times. I know for a fact that we could get MFL for less than what the piece of crap that they have now and not one single person would object if the saw the switch.

We used sportsline for years and it just became too expensive. Then we went to MFL and while as commish I loved it, my entire league hated the interface. They were used to the much 'prettier' interface of CBS and they all griped that MFL was clunky and ugly. Last year we moved to Fanball cuz the interface was more to their liking, you can post articles (and my local league does a ton of smack talkin), and it was still signficantly cheaper than CBS.

As far as flexibility goes, MFL is hands down the best imo... limitless options, and they're quick to respond if you have an issue. Fanball isn't bad, and the front end is nice. Sportsline looks great, but far less scoring options... and sportslines 'articles' are virtually useless imo.

Edited by BrooklynCrew

Here is what I get6 when I put in .1 for every 1 yard rushing in the test...

yards  points

1          0

2          0

3          0

4          0

5          1

6          1

7          1

8          1

9          1

10        1

851092[/snapback]

You must set your scoring to go to a set of decimal places. If your scoring is set to just display whole numbers, your "decimals" will get rounded. This can be done in the Commissioner Scoring Setup page. Also, MFL has the best customer service I have seen with any company, a post like this on their boards gets answered generally within an hour (I know, as I do a lot of the answering over there)

The only benefit to sportsline was that you could post articles, and it looks pretty, thats it to me.  However, not many post articles anymore. The message board set up is subpar so there's not much trash talking.  The site analysis isn't the best either.

851474[/snapback]

You can post articles at MFL and they upgraded their message boards for each league this year.