[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is a locked topic?

Gators

locked topics are done by the mods (?) and admins. typically dealing with cutting insults towards the board owners or threads degenerating into verbal assaults and all out war. Cussing (if you can) is also cause to lock a thread...

A locked topic is an exciting Huddle day. :D

It means somebody crossed the line or a topic is starting to go where it isn't supposed to go. You'll have to ask Carl regarding who has the keys. DMD is loaded with thread guns down there in Texas and WW can come out and pull the trigger as well. I'd pull the trigger on as many occasions as they do.

Why is "Is there anyone better than Tom Brady" locked?....I haven't seen one inappropriate thing in all the replys?

852717[/snapback]

Me either, just 8 pages of bickering.

And Gilthorp asked to have it locked.

Maybe after eight pages of the same tired rhetoric they decided to lock it and see if you guys could talk about anything else.

852789[/snapback]

Yes, since we have officially crossed over from spring to summer, I think we should test ourselves and find out if there are new issues we can debate.

I think we are primed for "Is there anyone, who is really a wide receiver, better at playing defensive back, than Troy Brown?"

Let's go for it!

We all know by post 5, it will turn into a Brady/Manning nob fest anyway.

Yes, since we have officially crossed over from spring to summer, I think we should test ourselves and find out if there are new issues we can debate.

I think we are primed for "Is there anyone, who is really a wide receiver, better at playing defensive back, than Troy Brown?"

Let's go for it!

We all know by post 5, it will turn into a Brady/Manning nob fest anyway.

852831[/snapback]

Well.... we could go back to Porter vs. Burleson. :D

Did you notice that in the ESPY category for Best Male Athlete, Peyton Manning is nominated. Guess who was NOT nominated? Yep. Tom Brady. :D

What do you think Gators? :D

Edited by CaptainHook

If you ever really want to get a thread locked, just criticize the huddle for selecting 2 quarterbacks in the first 4 rounds of a Sofa draft... :D

852867[/snapback]

Well, what do you expect from a guy with a girls name :D

Edit to add: Let's see if this thread gets locked now.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Get me somebody. Anybody.  And get me somebody while I'm waiting.

852930[/snapback]

Excellent Clarke Griswold reference. :D

Ready...aim...

852960[/snapback]

Ah yes, my first laugh of the day :D

Threads can be either deleted or locked.

Deleted means something bad happened to it and likely by the time we got to it there was no way to merely delete a thing or two to improve it. Or it so veered into inapropriate areas that it has lost all value. Or leaving it up would only serve to spark another fire. Or I have a headache and I just plain do not like the thread. Rather subjective really.

Locked means the thread is not going in a positive direction and, in the subjective view of those with passwords, keeping it alive will not serve any valuable purpose. But there is material in it with value, so you allow others to still read it if they so choose.

Man. Now you got me all wanting to delete something or ban someone. Like an itch really... :D