[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle Rankings - Top Ten WR's

DMD

Tier 1

1 Randy Moss

2 Terrell Owens

3 Torry Holt

4 Chad Johnson

5 Marvin Harrison

Tier 2

6 Javon Walker

7 Joe Horn

8 Reggie Wayne

9 Andre Johnson

10 Steve Smith

I normally always have 3 in the top tier but this year for the first time, it has five receivers. This assuming that Owens does not continue his folly.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! Steve Smith coming off of a nasty injury over Burleson? Clayton?

853525[/snapback]

yeah, this is a little surprising. the dude hasn't played in a year, and carolina supposedly will be empahasizing the run more - but i'm sure you knew that.

I like the boldness of the Smith pick. Every year there's always a few WR's that nobody really expects. Smith has every chance to be one of those guys. Where do you have Boldin listed BTW...or do I have to wait for the actual list to come out?

yeah, this is a little surprising.  the dude hasn't played in a year, and carolina supposedly will be empahasizing the run more - but i'm sure you knew that.

853541[/snapback]

Almost every team says they are going to be emphasizing the run more every year. Clayton has Cadillac Williams there for that purpose. And Mike Tice said the exact same thing about the Vikings. They all say that. The fact is that even if that ends up true, the #1 receiver is still the #1 receiver. When teams start passing a lot more, it tends to get spread out more proportionately than if they do not have to pass as much - thereby making the #1 receiver still have the same value.

I like the boldness of the Smith pick. Every year there's always a few WR's that nobody really expects. Smith has every chance to be one of those guys. Where do you have Boldin listed BTW...or do I have to wait for the actual list to come out?

853549[/snapback]

The rankings will be out soon and you will have to wait to see where Boldin is ranked. I wanted to put them out on the "16th", but we decided to stick with the end of the month traditional schedule instead of the "16th". You'll have to wait until the end of the month instead of the 16th. Yep...

yeah, this is a little surprising.  the dude hasn't played in a year, and carolina supposedly will be empahasizing the run more - but i'm sure you knew that.

853541[/snapback]

On a side note, why does your name change to "kong" when you quote it? :D

The rankings will be out soon and you will have to wait to see where Boldin is ranked. I wanted to put them out on the "16th", but we decided to stick with the end of the month traditional schedule instead of the "16th". You'll have to wait until the end of the month instead of the 16th. Yep...

853561[/snapback]

Read: "I haven't gotten that far yet"

Fair nuff... :D

Tier 1

1 Randy Moss

2 Terrell Owens

3 Torry Holt

4 Chad Johnson

5 Marvin Harrison

Tier 2

6 Javon Walker

7 Joe Horn

8 Reggie Wayne

9 Andre Johnson

10 Steve Smith

I normally always have 3 in the top tier but this year for the first time, it has five receivers. This assuming that Owens does not continue his folly.

853491[/snapback]

Chad Johnson in the top tier surprises me...both Walker and Horn had better numbers than Johnson...Is it fair to say that your rankings say more about the offenses they will be playing in versus the player themselves?

Chad Johnson in the top tier surprises me...both Walker and Horn had better numbers than Johnson...Is it fair to say that your rankings say more about the offenses they will be playing in versus the player themselves?

853578[/snapback]

I think Johnson is more talented than either Horn or Walker, I like his situation this season, his schedule and he's definitely someone I want on my team in 2005. If there is any player due to crack the top 3 for the first time, it is Chad Johnson. Everything points to a big year for him.

853561[/snapback]

Atta boy! Make em pay for it! :D

good list. pretty close to alot of the rankings i've seen with a few twists. making it hard on me in the doh league(3 player keeper league with 1 pt. per recept) where i have chad and holt at wr and julius and tatum at rb. i guess i'm dumping tatum as he is unproven and the others aren't. now he'll probably blow up this yr.

Where did A. Johnson end up in the WR rankings last year?  I know he disappointed somewhat in one of my leagues though.  Will he get over the sophomore slump this year?

853640[/snapback]

Actually I had Andre Johnson ranked 14th last year and he ended up 15th in standard performance scoring. Missed it by that much...

853561[/snapback]

Read: "I haven't gotten that far yet"

Fair nuff... :D

853569[/snapback]

Some people are really bad at taking hints. It's like you'd have to tell rajn something 16 times before he finally figured out what Boldin's rank might be... :D

Tier 1

1 Randy Moss

2 Terrell Owens

3 Torry Holt

4 Chad Johnson

5 Marvin Harrison

Tier 2

6 Javon Walker

7 Joe Horn

8 Reggie Wayne

9 Andre Johnson

10 Steve Smith

853491[/snapback]

Am I missing something? Did HINES WARD die? Break a leg? Fall off the planet?

If not, I'll take him at #4.

Edited by GhostFace