[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wanna talk about the J-E-T-S

Pancake

Heimerdinger. He is the new OC who comes from the Titans. IMHO, The Huddle assessment ( link) is right on spot alluding to the fact that Pennington's # could significantly change for the better due to Heimerdinger's more aggressive game plan. I also see CuMar putting up top 10 #s (Ok, maybe top 12) again this year. It appears that most drafts are taking CuMar around the 18th RB (Average Draft Tracker) which seems like they are getting great value. If I was a betting man I would think that most projections will have CuMar around 10-12 just before the start of the season.

:D

Edited by Pancake

Guest THEbigred

Well Martin is old and due to fall off the face of the Earth any day now. Course that's been true for a number of years and he keeps on crankin....

Also Pennington's injury status and general up n down career leaves people wondering. Finally, they drafted a kicker w/first pick despite a lot of holes they haven't filled on both sides of the ball....

I like Martin as a value pick but wouldn't touch most of the others unless they really fell unexpectedly far.

Well Martin is old and due to fall off the face of the Earth any day now.  Course that's been true for a number of years and he keeps on crankin....

853796[/snapback]

Yer pretty smart. That's what I've been thinking for years, too.

Edwards gets paid to win so letting LaMont Jordan go to Oakland tells me Martin's got at least one more good year left in his eyes. Good enough for me for where he's going right now.

Yer pretty smart.  That's what I've been thinking for years, too.

Edwards gets paid to win so letting LaMont Jordan go to Oakland tells me Martin's got at least one more good year left in his eyes.  Good enough for me for where he's going right now.

853816[/snapback]

Your are correct sir! A value pick for the 18th RB. There is no way that I would pull the trigger on him in the 1st or 2nd round, but definately anywhere from the early 3rd on. I think that he would make a very very exceptional #2 RB if drafting in the 3rd round.

Your are correct sir!  A value pick for the 18th RB.  There is no way that I would pull the trigger on him in the 1st or 2nd round, but definately anywhere from the early 3rd on.  I think that he would make a very very exceptional #2 RB if drafting in the 3rd round.

853821[/snapback]

Yeah and hopefully he won't even see the field in preseason and his ranking won't improve and he'll remain a value pick.

The Jets ran the ball just over 450 times last year. I don't see any dramtic fall off from that. Heimerdinger has also ran the ball alot in his past as an OC with the venerable Eddie George. I think the Jets will still run the ball about 400 to 425 times, so Martin should be in that 300 carry area again. If he stays close to his past, with a YPC of 4.0, that's still 1200 yards. This year he won't lose any goal line carries at all. He should be good for 1500 combined and over 10 TD's again. If that isnt a solid second round pick, I don't know what is.

Dinger isn't going to air it out in NY the way he did with the Titans last year though. What he does want to establish is a deep play threat to keep the safeties honest, one reason Martin didn't have many carries that went over 20 yards. Martin isn't a big play threat, but he can still break some plays off for 20 yard runs if the safeties aren't keying on him. This depends on Pennington's arm strength. He can throw the ball for 55 yards, but he puts alot of air under it. That meant the WR's had to go up and get the ball, something the smallish Moss was not good at.

Pennington likes to throw to a spot when he throws deep, and Coles is perfect for that. They both seem to be on the same page when reading the defense, and 3 years ago were very successful with it. The increased targets to the TE should also soften the safeties up some. Lastly, the Jets will occassionally use the shotgun this year, something they never did with Hackett. Pennington played the shotgun in college, so is familiar with it.

The Jets will still be a run oriented team, but will go for the big play in the new offense. Again, I don't see any big change in the run/pass ratio, maybe an average of 3 more passing plays per game.

Guest THEbigred
Yer pretty smart.
Not really but thx anyway. :D

Sometimes, however, I learn my lesson. Martin led me to a title in my first year ever of FF and the time or 3 I passed on him thereafter I usually regretted it...the most obvious (and painful) example being this past year....only 2 yrs after he led me to another, no less. If nothing else almost out of gratitude I am inclined to try and get him. I'm in an auction draft, so hopefully I can bide my time and get him at a bargain price. Don't want him as my #1, but would love a top RB and him as my #2.

Martin is my #1 in the IDP mock draft (now a league) team, but that's because I took Manning in the first round. I agree, he is a sloid #2, not a #1. I lost out on him last year, expecting most to under value him after a down year. He didn't drop the way I thought he would. While he is still unde valued in my mind, with an ADP of 18 or so in RB's, he's still a second round pick.