[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whose # 2 and 3

The Stoner

This is one of those times when looking at historical numbers might be deceiving.  Tiki carried the ball the same way from high school through the 2003 season...like a loaf of bread, as they say.  It was well documented last year that he had worked with a coach in the offseason specifically to adjust his handle on the ball to alleviate his fumbling problem.  It worked.

855255[/snapback]

He was much better last year. No doubt about it. And, I do think he could be a great RB this year, assuming--

1. Manning gets it together. Can't know that yet.

2. Burress makes an immediate impact (remember, I live in Pittsburgh, so I know about Plaxico's abilities, and his flaws (a la "No-Catchico Burress").

3. The other receivers in that squad make some strides.

4. Tiki gets 85% or better of the carries. Brandon Jacobs is a good player--I won't be surprised to see those two share the load to keep Tiki fresh and to mix in a change of pace runner.

Don't beleive everything you read at nflcom. Do you really beleive someone could fumble 18 times & not lose 1 of them?

For the record Alexander lost 13 of those fumbles.

855279[/snapback]

Good information. But 49 is a few more. He's better at carrying the ball, to be sure.

I have a really good feeling about Portis last year.  Offensive line was horrible last year and should be much improved, Gibbs has always loved to run/control the football (showed that again last year), and should have the same QB all year.

Top RBs IMO

#1 C. Portis

#2 L. Tomlinson

#3 P. Holmes

#4 S. Alexander

#5 E. James

#6 J. Lewis

#7 D. McAllister

Possible sleeper ~ Bennett if he stays healthy.

855267[/snapback]

I don't know if he's my overall #1 pick, but I do think Portis will be much improved. Losing a guy like Jansen alone could have made last season terrible. Throw in a new coach, new scheme, new back, banged up o line, a QB mess...if those things are getting sorted out, I could see Portis being a big-time RB again.

Edited by Ruffian

Last year I told anyone who would listen that Martin wouls be a top five back. I have him at 10 to 12 this year. He is again saying he feels great coming into this year, and wants carries in the preseason. Very good sign. The Jets made no moves to replace McKenzie at tackle. They seem to have a high confidence level in second year man Adrian Jones. While Jolley isn't the blocking TE that Becht was, his pass catching potential should keep the SS from crowding the box though.

I have Lewis at 3. My only concern is that he didnt seem to be in shape last year. He'd get 40 yards on a drive and take himself out for a blow inside the twenty. Holmes just scares me.... you have to burn an early pick on LJ with Holmes for a handcuff. Next is McAllister and then Portis, on a rebound year for both.

Tiki's numbers dropped drastically when Eli came in...I wouldn't bank on Tiki putting up those numbers again, not that he won't or can't...I just don't feel too hot about it...

and as Rovers said...I also have a gut feeling about Portis, someone who I said wouldn't make my top 10 last year and I'm glad I felt that way....McAllister has a great chance of coming strong this year if he slims down just a little...I took him #3 last year and regretted it....

I have no problem with drafting him if I can land him in the mid-late 1st...I have liked this kid ever since Ricky left...

also...Edge will likely have a season even stronger than the last one...there's no way they'll have the same run/pass ratio and throw that many times inside the 10, let alone the redzone