[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The end of NFL Primtime as we know it?

Fatman

BOOOOO!!! This sucks.

When I was stationed overseas, Primetime was the only show we had where we could see the highlights of all the games. Usually, we would only get two games, and in the 90's you could be assured that at least one of those games was either a Cowboys or Packers game.

So, I would wait around all day long for Primetime just so I could get a 20 second glimpse of what my team did that day----even if I already knew they lost! :D

Long live ESPN Primetime: :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, Primetime jumped the shark a coupla yrs ago. Boom's tricks have gotten old and he hasn't come up with much new in a while. It's like watching a Seinfeld re-run for the 34th time. Tommy acting like a little schoolgirl in his presence doesn't help any either. He used to have some clever stuff earlier that'd make you howl. You still get glimmers of that, but only occasionally. Now I find myself drifting to The Simpsons or even 60 minutes. ::D

To me, Primetime jumped the shark a coupla yrs ago. Boom's tricks have gotten old and he hasn't come up with much new in a while. It's like watching a Seinfeld re-run for the 34th time. Tommy acting like a little schoolgirl in his presence doesn't help any either. He used to have some clever stuff earlier that'd make you howl. You still get glimmers of that, but only occasionally. Now I find myself drifting to The Simpsons or even 60 minutes. ::D

856043[/snapback]

Agreed - like I noted in my first post in this thread... it was good to have on for a little cat-nap before the Sunday night game. Perhaps you have it on in the background while checking the computer for your fantasy teams' scores... or while you make dinner... I would never actually sit there and intently watch it. Good way to wrap up the day's activities (or lack thereof for us couch surfers) while getting ready for the Sunday night and Monday night games... Same goes for the MNF pre-game... don't really watch intently; just have it on while taking care of stuff at home, perhaps seriously watch for 5-10 minutes...

Nooooooooooooooooo

I have Sunday Ticket, and I still watch PrimeTime. It was a nice wrap up.

I didn't use it for it's Fantasy values, I just liked it for what it was, a great ending, for a great day (anyday you can spend watching football all day is a good day).

This does suck IMO. I hope NBC doesn't try to cheese the whole thing out, and put up a show with friggin' non-stop commercials and no worthwhile content.

Boomer's schtick was getting a bit old with the dumb nicknames and same old catch-phrases, but he has become a bit of a tradition with TV football.

What I wish ESPN would do is a morning show an hour before the 1 pm kickoff, with nothing but Mort and Clayton doing injury updates and last minute changes or strategies. That would be a FF players dream.

Okay, I'm probably just :D but I'm still not convinced this report is correct.

I did find this article explaining the contract.

It sounds like NBC as part of the deal is required to air a pre-game show -- which will be in HD! :D -- and it makes sense that the NFL would not want ESPN to compete with that. However, among the properties ESPN paid for, PrimeTime is explicitly mentioned ...

As part of its deal, NBC has also agreed to air a one-hour, pre-game show. The pre-game show will air from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m., with the kickoff of the game being at 8:15 p.m.

The new ESPN agreement calls for 17 regular Monday night games per season with a new 8:30 p.m. telecast time and an 8:40 p.m. kickoff, plus four pre-season games. It also includes rights across a wide variety of ESPN television, including the NFL PrimeTime pre-game program, the NFL Draft, which ESPN has covered since 1980; NFL Live; NFL HD; NFL Deportes; NFL Films programming; ESPN Mobile; video game and other platforms.

I still think it's premature to :violin: Prime Time.

I have the opportunity to get NFL TV is it worth it? what do they show have never seen it. Do they show games? Feedback needed to decide.

Very sorry to see Primetime leave the air. NBC sucks.

Edited by SLAYER

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I found Berman's schtick really tiresome.  It was funny year ago seeing what kind of nicknames he would come up with.  Now I just want to reach through the screen and punch the guy in the face.  It became more about Berman and less about the highlights.

855889[/snapback]

If an overflowing toilet could speak, it would sound like Chris Berman.

oohhh, this sucks. :D now instead of boomer and TJ we'll probably get keith olberman and phil simms or some crap like that :D

855968[/snapback]

If that dork stick Olberman comes back to do football, It's gonna suck for sure. He blows, NBC blows and this whole deal just looks like a train wreck.

I love ESPN primetime. It's usually when I cook dinner, watching the highlights, then feed the family and get ready to watch the Sun. nite game.

No way does NBC make up for this.

Guest THEbigred
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I found Berman's schtick really tiresome.  It was funny year ago seeing what kind of nicknames he would come up with.  Now I just want to reach through the screen and punch the guy in the face.  It became more about Berman and less about the highlights.

God bless we minorities then. I wonder if this might help us get civil service jobs? :D

In fact, ESPN has been severely annoying for quite a long time. I'll miss "Primetime" about as much as I miss bee stings.

Guest THEbigred
If an overflowing toilet could speak, it would sound like Chris Berman.

857670[/snapback]

No, that would be Stuey "HEY EVERYONE GUESS WHAT, I AM SOOO BLACK" Scott. :hurl:

But they pretty much all suck with their smarmy "aren't we so funny hahahaha" crap. Berman isn't the jerk that many of them are, but but his routines are so tired. Cmon already...just show the highlights, tell us what's going on, and spare us the comedian wannabe BS.

I will say Jaws is generally one of the notable exceptions. I love his analyses of gameplans, players, etc.

But if ESPN disbanded tomorrow, I'd throw a party.

The NFL Network is probably moving into the picture. Unfortunately, lots of people don't have it. NBC's show will suck though, that's a given.

855768[/snapback]

I don't. Freakin Time Warner.  :D

855802[/snapback]

Try Adelphia ... with the past president and his son getting jail time, we have tin cans and string for cable. :D