[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle Rankings - RB's

DMD

The problem with ranking J. Jones in the top 10 is the goal line carries the A-Train will be taking away. Bill wants to keep his stud back healthy which was a problem last year. A-Train will take carries away from Jones and will score almost every goal line TD. IF Jones wants to score he'll have to do it from 10 or more yards out or by the passing game.

Jones will have alot of yards but few TD's this year which will equal around #12 in the rankings.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not going to get into a pissing match here and show my ranking and rather focus on another aspect of drafting. Where players actually get drafted vs where each of you have them ranked. The Average Draft tool at My Fantasy League is usually very close to how the first 20 picks pan out. This is very useful for value drafting as you can wait on that player that you have ranked higher than most people and grab that player in later rounds. This tool becomes very important in the middle to later rounds. Food for tought.

Im not sure how much i trust this thing. Are we to actually believe that there was a draft in which E. James was taking 56th or McGahee 62nd. How about S. Alexander at 23rd. Sounds a little fishy to me. If its accurate then where was i for those drafts! :D

I completely agree with 1-3.  I wouldn't touch Priest Holmes in the top 10.  I am leery about McGahee.  I wouldn't take him that high.  I want to see Losman play.  Ditto for Davis.  Why do I keep hearing talk about Houston wanting to bring in another back?  I'd bump Deuce up to 4 and Dillon to 5.  Portis would not be in my top 10.  Mine looks more like this:

1. Tomlinson

2. Alexander

3. James

4. McAllister

5. Dillon

6. Lewis (assuming his ankle is fully healed)

7. Barber

8. McGahee (could go up or down depending on Losman)

9. K. Jones (what role does Pinner play?)

10. D. Davis

856327[/snapback]

hook i agree with ya about mcgahee..dont know if i trust jp losman..and jonas jennings moving out to san fran too...dont know how much i trust jp playing 6 games in the afc east

love jamal lewis as well...ive got him in the same exact spot at 6 with the potential to move up ..expecting big things and would love to get ahold of him especially somewhere around where most people have him ranked..ya got 2 games apiece against the bengals and browns...a game against green bay and houston..theres some big game potential..especially watching the way he ran against your colts and the dolphins in the last 3 weeks of the year

while i dont think artose pinner plays any role in kevin jones value..i agree with you about dom davis..they spent the 9th pick of the 3rd round on vernand morency...while there is no guarantee morency will be ready, i think keeping davis fresh and healthy is on dom capers' mind

I like Deuce at #8. Other polls have had him ranked in the top five. I think that's too high. Remember he plays for Haslett!!! :D

855753[/snapback]

I think the big thing to consider is last year the Saints went to a 1 back set which is not McAllister's strength. This year they are returning to the 2 back set with a good blocking Fullback and I see McAllister returning to form of 2 years ago.

I think the interesting question is, who on that list will not be in the top 10.

The top 3 are Barber, Dillon and D. Davis who may not be on the list.

I am not 100% settled on Portis placement, but for now I am comfortable with it. The Redskins were in the first year of installing a new offense in 2004 and it obviously went through some learning curves along the way. Washington was already messed up with the loss of Jansen right before the season started and the O-line took a while to get together.

This year RT Jansen is back and Samuels is still at LT. The Redskins brought in Casey Rabach at center from the Ravens which is an upgrade over Cory Raymer. The O-line should be much improved from what you saw in 2004.

When the offense works as it is designed (by Gibbs and Bugel), they want to feature a dominating ground game. Portis was hitting his stide better at the end of the season when in weeks 14 - 16 he had 338 yards rushing and three TDs while playing against NYG, PHI and SF (which represents another five games this year).

Portis is very fast and the field stretching of Santana Moss will help get Portis a lane or two as well in the secondary. Thing with Portis is that he is relatively small, but very fast. That means more very high and yet the occasional low game than most. He already had 4 games over 140 yards last year with the crappy version of the line.

Again, I am still trying to get a feel for what WAS will look like this year, but right now, that is where Portis falls.

856031[/snapback]

I'd like to add something to DMD's summary here, in Denver Portis ran in a zone rushing scheme which seemed to be a strength of his. Last year, in the counter tres, Portis seemed uncomfortable earlier in the year because he wasn't showing patience in this running. You have to slow yourself up and allow the hogs to open up the holes. Part of the reason why he finished stronger was that he started getting the hang of the Skins running system. I agree with DMD that Portis does belong in the top 10 and you should see him reach much higher #'s this year.

LOL this has to be the most controversial RB year since Ive been playing FF.  Some people think Holmes and Lewis are gonna shine again.  Others don't.  Some people think Portis is gonna bounce back.  Some people think The Jones Brothers (Julius and Kevin) are Top 10 RBs.  Tiki is Top 5 to some people, outside the Top 10 to others.  And McGahee is #3 RB in some rankings, outside Top 10 in others.  And where is Ahman Green this year?  So many questions to be answered.  All I can say is it's confusing the hell out of me! :D

857236[/snapback]

Confusing...Yes...but strong as hell...the RB field really goes 20 - 24 deep with difinitive starters and good stat RB's. Even the rooks aren't a bad play (all 4 of them).

Im not sure how much i trust this thing.  Are we to actually believe that there was a draft in which E. James was taking 56th or McGahee 62nd.  How about S. Alexander at 23rd.  Sounds a little fishy to me.  If its accurate then where was i for those drafts! :D

864358[/snapback]

Now that The Huddle RB rankings are out, look how eerily close The Average Draft is to The Huddles rankings by position. I'm telling you....this is a very good indicator the approximate order a particular postion gets drafted.

Haslett wants to run the ball more this year & picked up a pro-bowl right guard & a stud rookie RT. Not to mention a quicker passing attack which would also benefit Duece who is very good as a reciever. Just a homer's opinion maybe, but I do think he'll be top 5.

855773[/snapback]

I like him too and hope he is there at #7.

Wow... my top ten is a lot different then the Huddles.

1  LaDainian Tomlinson

2  Priest Holmes

3  Shaun Alexander

4  Kevin Jones

5  Willis McGahee

6  Edgerrin James

7  Rudi Johnson

8  Domanick Davis

9  Ahman Green

10 Jamal Lewis

865117[/snapback]

If Kevin Jones finished at #4 I'll buy you a Todd Pinkston jersey.

The problem with ranking J. Jones in the top 10 is the goal line carries the A-Train will be taking away. Bill wants to keep his stud back healthy which was a problem last year. A-Train will take carries away from Jones and will score almost every goal line TD. IF Jones wants to score he'll have to do it from 10 or more yards out or by the passing game.

Jones will have alot of yards but few TD's this year which will equal around #12 in the rankings.

864276[/snapback]

Is A-Train that great of a goal line back where you think he's gonna take nearly all the goal-line TD's? that seems somewhat unlikely