[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 10 and beyond: RBs

Guest THEbigred

Guest THEbigred

Here's how I'm seeing em - a fat 2d tier if ever there was one:

LT

Alexander

EJ - playing for contract, great pick but would like to see more rush TDs

McGhee - Losman can't be worse than Bledsoe

Barber - His rush/receive combo continue to make him a great pick as Manning gets better

Portis - ready to rebound to Bronc-like numbers...if the QB just doesn't suck too bad

Holmes - I don't rank him higher (and might go lower) because his injury burned me last year and don't trust him this year

McAllister - steady player w/little "boom" potential but little "bust" either IMO

J Lewis - also ready to rebound and O is notably better - but can he put up the TDs?

Dillon - solid player, solid team, just doesn't catch

Thoughts? Bring it on...

Edited by THEbigred

Here's how I'm seeing em - a fat 2d tier if ever there was one:

LT

Alexander

EJ - playing for contract, great pick but would like to see more rush TDs

McGhee - Losman can't be worse than Bledsoe

Barber - His rush/receive combo continue to make him a great pick as Manning gets better

Portis - ready to rebound to Bronc-like numbers...if the QB just doesn't suck too bad

J Lewis - also ready to rebound and O is notably better - but can he put up the TDs?

Dillon - solid player, solid team, just doesn't catch

A Green - lost the OGs and not sure about much more than 04...not that that's bad

Martin - can the ageless wonder do it again?

Thoughts?  Bring it on...

856366[/snapback]

Don't forget about Priest.

I'd also lump Kevin Jones into the 2nd tier. His second half stats were very good.

Guest THEbigred
Don't forget about Priest.

I'd also lump Kevin Jones into the 2nd tier.  His second half stats were very good.

856373[/snapback]

d'oh - fixed, thx

I'm not as high on K Jones as some seem to be, but he's worth a look in that 2d tier range I reckon.

Guest THEbigred
Edge is #3.  After that, I like McAllister

856455[/snapback]

d'oh #2.

Please don't tell me about any more. :D

I keep seeing Edge at 3. Why? He was at 6 last year, and that was with over 2000 yards combined. Are people predicting more TD's for him, or about the same, but for 2500 yards combined? Why are people predicting a repeat of his 2000 career year? I know he's easilly top ten, but #3? I wonder.

I keep seeing Edge at 3. Why? He was at 6 last year, and that was with over 2000 yards combined. Are people predicting more TD's for him, or about the same, but for 2500 yards combined? Why are people predicting a repeat of his 2000 career year? I know he's easilly top ten, but #3? I wonder.

856732[/snapback]

I think he's at 3 not because he'll be so much better, but because of the uncertainty of those around him in the rankings...Holmes/LJ...Lewis comin in outta the clink...

I think he's at 3 not because he'll be so much better, but because of the uncertainty of those around him in the rankings...Holmes/LJ...Lewis comin in outta the clink...

856743[/snapback]

he was the most consistent for having a 100 yard game/ TD game

856745[/snapback]

right, and I don't see that changing. He has moved up because the others have moved down...

856745[/snapback]

That wasn't enough to make him top five last year though. I see Lewis and McAllister both outpointing Edge, knocking him back into the #6 slot again. I also see some upside with some RB's like Portis who might have good rebound years, but I'm not predicting that. I still see Edge where he was last year.... about 6 or so.

Do you want rankings or do you want a feast or famine team?

Risk taking and a gut feeling, here is IMO the top ten...laugh as you may...but if LT is #1 at end of the year the only way I lose out is if I have the number one pick this year--which I don't as I am a capable FF owner who doesn't draft a team that finishes last...and no owner will trade their #1 pick...so it is not who is the #1 but who is 2 thru 10....

2. Alexander--last year in Seattle, unless something happens and Alexander will make it happen this year so his new contract is attractive :D

3. Edge--same reason as Alexander...but a notch lower because Colts are pass first team and seem to go away from Edge in the red zone...

4. Portis--This is his year...Skins have Gardner, Moss, McCants, Jacobs, Patten...they will stretch a field IMO as Skins will pass early and run later in games or run early pass later as teams will not be able to figure the Gibbs factor...

5. Lewis---like the Mason addition..like the defense ability to get the ball to the "O"...Boller will be better than last year and Mason and Heap will keep "D"'s from 8 in the box...

6. McAllister---Deuce will be as good as the "D" allows....can't hand off to Deuce if you're behind all the time...a six rating is more due to the fact Deuce is unchallenged for the position and is a great goal line option...

7. Holmes--injury last year drops him here IMO...love the fact that he may be available here...Holmes is your perfect scoring machine when healthy...must handcuff Johnson to this pick as Blaylock is gone..

8. McGahee--goes higher in Dynasty Leagues...but Bills "O" a year or two away at this point with a new QB under center(esp. since Losman coming off injury)

9. Kevin Jones--great situation for Jones with triple threats at WR and a QB competition building...Jones will have lanes galore if Harrington or Garcia can open up the "O" with passing accuracy...IMO that will happen--could put Jones in Top 5 by year's end IMO if it does!

10. Tiki Barber or Curtis Martin (no Dillon or Rudi)...their stats speak for themselves and year in year out...keep waiting for both of them to fall off or get injured and every year they keep reaching top 10 stats...most drafts do not show them here and makes them fall to 2nd round fodder...love it!! i'll take either one as my #2 RB any day!!!

11. Julius Jones

12. Dillon

13. Bell

14. Johnson

15. Jordan

Laugh...if you must at my rankings...but what makes you laugh will also make you cry :D

heck, i could go so many ways with this.

here is a possibility:

LT

James

J. Lewis

Alexander

Holmes

Davis

Barber

Portis

McGahee

McAllister

856726[/snapback]

McGahee and McAllister ahead of Davis, Barber, and Portis.

Guest THEbigred
I know BR for quite a few years now huddlers, and my advice would be to draft/bid/trade for any RB he likes, especially the ones he takes. He is a RB flipin GURU. If anyone remembers Bronco Billy's old RB projections, BR puts them to shame..........

857536[/snapback]

I can only assume HoP doesn't like y'all much, giving such evil advice. Either that or you know him well enough to know the heavy sarcasm he's laying on ya...

Actually I traditionally pick great RBs, and they do quite well.....when they aren't hurt. Regrettably, this happens EVERY year, often to extremes. Last year I had Holmes, DD and Staley, for ex. Granted no one was shocked when they got hurt, but it doesn't matter who I pick. Even ironman Curtis Martin was nicked up and missed some time when I drafted him the other year. And I still remember the year I took TD AND his backup O Gary and both were knocked out for the year. :doah: Yes, that happened because of my drafting, make no mistake.

And for a small fee, I will tell you which RBs I draft so you can avoid them. I suggest you do not take this lightly.

Edited by THEbigred

Guest THEbigred
2. Alexander--last year in Seattle, unless something happens and Alexander will make it happen this year so his new contract is attractive 
Yep

3.  Edge--same reason as Alexander...but a notch lower because Colts are pass first team and seem to go away from Edge in the red zone...
Yeah, although I still like him to increase his TD level. I think that's why many have him higher btw.

4.  Portis--This is his year...Skins have Gardner, Moss, McCants, Jacobs, Patten...they will stretch a field IMO as Skins will pass early and run later in games or run early pass later as teams will not be able to figure the Gibbs factor...
LMAO @ mentioning those WRs as a reason for increased Skins' O production. Moss is OK but gets dinged and not consistent enough, Gardner is a POS, the rest are just spot players. Still, he did pretty well last year despite a completely pathetic O, so this might be an accurate ranking. (I hope to get him at a moderate price in my auction draft....)

5.  Lewis---like the Mason addition..like the defense ability to get the ball to the "O"...Boller will be better than last year and Mason and Heap will keep "D"'s from 8 in the box...
Yep. He could end up Top 3, in fact. If my 2 RBs are Portis and Lewis, I'm very happy.

6. McAllister---Deuce will be as good as the "D" allows....can't hand off to Deuce if you're behind all the time...a six rating is more due to the fact Deuce is unchallenged for the position and is a great goal line option...
He's tough to pin down IMO, but pretty safe too.

7.  Holmes--injury last year drops him here IMO...love the fact that he may be available here...Holmes is your perfect scoring machine when healthy...must handcuff Johnson to this pick as Blaylock is gone..
See post above. I aint touchin him.

8.  McGahee--goes higher in Dynasty Leagues...but Bills "O" a year or two away at this point with a new QB under center(esp. since Losman coming off injury)
Doesn't matter. Bledsoe sucked last year and look at what he did. Losman will be no doubt erratic, but that's all the more reason they lean on McGhee. Plus I think Losman-to-Evans may be more deadly than people realize. Bledsoe seemed to lean on Moulds too much last year.

9.  Kevin Jones--great situation for Jones with triple threats at WR and a QB competition building...Jones will have lanes galore if Harrington or Garcia can open up the "O" with passing accuracy...IMO that will happen--could put Jones in Top 5 by year's end IMO if it does!
People are so ape-**** over this guy because of a strong finish. I don't trust him yet (plus he will probably be overpriced in our league anyway).

10.  Tiki Barber or Curtis Martin (no Dillon or Rudi)...their stats speak for themselves and year in year out...keep waiting for both of them to fall off or get injured and every year they keep reaching top 10 stats...most drafts do not show them here and makes them fall to 2nd round fodder...love it!!  i'll take either one as my #2 RB any day!!!
Agree, would be happy with either as #2, maybe even Barber as #1 if the rest of the team is strong. I don't see another year like last year, but should be fine.

11. Julius Jones

12. Dillon

13. Bell

14. Johnson

15. Jordan

Bell is overrated IMO, but a good list generally.