[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 10 and beyond: WRs

Guest THEbigred

Guest THEbigred

I got em:

Owens

Moss

Ch Johnson

Horn - talk about underrated

Holt - Bulger often favors fn Bruce

D Jackson - also underrated, unquestioned #1

Harrison - sure he's awesome but Wayne really cutting into his touches now

An Johnson - can Carr take the next step?

S Smith - lack of proven WR2 on CAR worries me

Coles - back where he belongs and could put up big #s

I like Coles this year as well. I don't know about top 10 (not that he won't) but other than you I have felt like the only one who feels good about him. Hell, the guy had 90 rec and nearly 1000 yds last year. Granted, the TD was not good but he was in an awful offense last year. He went for 1200 yds the previous 2 seasons and more importantly, in spite of the fact that he left NY for more money they still went out and got him back. I think that speaks volumes.

I got em:

Owens

Moss

Ch Johnson

856402[/snapback]

Lack of proven WR2 in Carolina? Keary Colbert proved to be a SOLID #2 NFL WR in his rookie year. He'll be more than capable in the same spot this season opposite Smith. Misleading note, therefore, on Smith.

D-Jax: always underrated, but he had some SERIOUS concentration issues last season. That's something to be concerned with.

Coles? You have to be fah-reekin' KIDDIN ME. See below.

I like Coles this year as well.  I don't know about top 10 (not that he won't) but other than you I have felt like the only one who feels good about him.  Hell, the guy had 90 rec and nearly 1000 yds last year.  Granted, the TD was not good but he was in an awful offense last year.  He went for 1200 yds the previous 2 seasons and more importantly, in spite of the fact that he left NY for more money they still went out and got him back.  I think that speaks volumes.

856561[/snapback]

Let's see... Coles is essentially a little bit bigger version of S. Moss. Moss was unproductive. Sure, Coles and Pennington had a good rapport 2 seasons ago. Can that happen again? Even if it DOES, it doesn't put Coles in the top 10. Sorry. As much as I don't like him fantasy-wise, you have to consider Hines Ward. Or as the poster below noted, Javon Walker. Or heck, give me Reggie Wayne. Not seein' the Coles thing as much as you.

Uhhh...there's this guy in Green Bay named Javon Walker.  He's pretty good.  You may want to look him up.

856636[/snapback]

Yeah, good call here. He and the Pack will come to terms and he'll tear it up this season... perhaps even outperforming the likes of Harrison and CJ.

A combo of Nate Burleson and Brandon Lloyd will outpoint a combo of Darrell Jackson and Laverneous Coles in 2005.

856668[/snapback]

I'm on the Burleson kool aid, but Lloyd? With a rookie QB, or worse, Rattay? You've been hangin out with yer avatar too much.

856698[/snapback]

Uh, I think his point was to show that D-Jax and Coles perhaps weren't worthy of their respective positions in his rankings. Maybe I'm wrong...

Uh, I think his point was to show that D-Jax and Coles perhaps weren't worthy of their respective positions in his rankings.  Maybe I'm wrong...

856904[/snapback]

I think it's a little bit of both...I still like Lloyd, regardless who is playing QB...someone has to catch passes and his hands are money....and I'd put Burleson with Porter...both of these guys will put up the same numbers...thats JMO..

I'm on the Burleson kool aid, but Lloyd? With a rookie QB, or worse, Rattay? You've been hangin out with yer avatar too much.

856698[/snapback]

I'm over-reaching a tad with a statement like that. I could have said Anquan Boldin, but I wanted to make the point that Coles and Jackson are being overrated here.

Actually, given 1pt/10yds and 6pt/Td, in 2004:

Burleson/Lloyd: 1571 / 15 = 247

Jackson/Coles: 2149 / 8 = 262

So maybe not quite that much of a reach.

Lloyd did well with Rattay at the helm last year. As a matter of fact, they started 8 games together, and Lloyd went for 403 and 4 TDs in the half season. I'm not saying he's a top 10 guy, but he's an adequate #3 WR.

Burleson, on the other hand, is poised to be a stud and should be in the top 10.

Guest THEbigred
Uhhh...there's this guy in Green Bay named Javon Walker.  He's pretty good.  You may want to look him up.

856636[/snapback]

errrrr talk to me when he ends his holdout. I'm not convinced he plays this year (unlike Owens, who I have no doubt will sign). Also I think whether he signs or not, Favre will tend to look for Driver more.

Guest THEbigred
Lack of proven WR2 in Carolina?  Keary Colbert proved to be a SOLID #2 NFL WR in his rookie year.  He'll be more than capable in the same spot this season opposite Smith.  Misleading note, therefore, on Smith.
Agree to disagree, somewhat at least. Colbert had his moment earlier on but disappeared down the stretch. He may pan out this year, but that's too big of an if for my tastes.

D-Jax:  always underrated, but he had some SERIOUS concentration issues last season.  That's something to be concerned with.
Agree, but he's no Karen Robinson. I think with that loser out of the way and more reliable WRs around (Engram, whoever), Jackson turns it up a notch as the unquestioned #1.

Coles?  You have to be fah-reekin' KIDDIN ME.  See below.

Let's see... Coles is essentially a little bit bigger version of S. Moss.

? Don't see that at all. Moss is more big-play but certainly a less reliable target than Coles.

Sure, Coles and Pennington had a good rapport 2 seasons ago.  Can that happen again?  Even if it DOES, it doesn't put Coles in the top 10.  Sorry.

Yeah it does, or pretty darn close at least. He was about 1200/7 in 03. That would put him around low teens last year rank-wise.

As much as I don't like him fantasy-wise, you have to consider Hines Ward.
I have, believe me. He's right in there.

Or as the poster below noted, Javon Walker. 
Not till he signs.

Or heck, give me Reggie Wayne. 
Gladly. Even with Manning's record-setting season, he had 6 games w/o TDs and his yardage was as reliable as Virginia weather. And IMO no way does Manning come close to last year's production. Wayne is way overrated IMO.

Not seein' the Coles thing as much as you.
That's cool. It may be a slight reach and is of course subject to change....

Guest THEbigred
Michael Clayton and Roy Williams

857508[/snapback]

Williams' injury thing worries me a little but he could blow up. I do like Clayton - in fact that's my leading candidate to jump into my top 10 next.

I got em:

Owens

Moss

Ch Johnson

856402[/snapback]

Coles is injured and has never played the way he did when the Redskins first got him. He hurt his toe the first year we had him and is tough as nails and still performed. But he does not have the speed he had before.

856636[/snapback]

Good info here. I have Walker big this year.