[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 10 and beyond: QBs

Guest THEbigred

Guest THEbigred

Manning - no 40+ TDs but Manning is still Manning

Culpepper - Moss Schmoss

McNabb - Owens WILL play and this guy will have another great year

Green - lack of WRs and/or possible D improvement could bring him down a notch

Collins - How much will Moss cause his stock to soar (deservedly or not)?

Bulger - Needs to keep INTs down

Favre - Losing OGs a concern but he'll again get it done as he knows this may be it

Brooks - not consistent but still underrated

Hasselbeck - hard to pin down IMO and disappointing last year, but losing Robinson can only help

Brady - quietly decent and good value pick

I'd replace Brooks with Palmer. Don't even get me started with Brooks. It was a friggin' miracle that I won my championship this yr, despite his best efforts to derail me :D:D

856521[/snapback]

I agree. I think Brooks is getting too much love in the preseason polls. Last year against the Bolts he was just plain pitiful. Sure he'll have a great game every once in awhile, but alot of weeks he'll fall flat on his face, and the "Brooks is killing me" threads will start up all over again!

DMD has this horn being tooted already, but how can you ignore this players first two-years as a starter in your top 10?

2003: 266 449 59.2 3219 7.2 19 16

2004: 310 533 58.2 3886 7.3 29 15

Talk about value, definitely going to be some with this guy in the middle rounds......

DMD has this horn being tooted already, but how can you ignore this players first two-years as a starter in your top 10?

2003: 266  449  59.2  3219  7.2  19  16

2004: 310  533  58.2  3886  7.3  29  15

Talk about value, definitely going to be some with this guy in the middle rounds......

856644[/snapback]

It would be helpful if you mentioned who you were talking about. :D

Why do so many people think Manning can't break 40 again this year? His offense remains intact, and the schedule looks less difficult than last year.

Brooks is wildly inconsistant, but gets into the top 5 almost every year when all is said and done. I think Collins could shock, although I am not predicting that.... the potential is there.

It would be helpful if you mentioned who you were talking about.  :D

Why do so many people think Manning can't break 40 again this year? His offense remains intact, and the schedule looks less difficult than last year.

Brooks is wildly inconsistant, but gets into the top 5 almost every year when all is said and done. I think Collins could shock, although I am not predicting that.... the potential is there.

856705[/snapback]

He is talkind about Jake Delhomme & I agree with him.

Best if you research your QBs before you do any drafts.

He is talkind about Jake Delhomme & I agree with him.

Best if you research your QBs before you do any drafts.

856730[/snapback]

Sorry, I have yet to memorize last year's stats, I usually look them up. And I rarley if ever would look up stats from a post that doesn't mention who the heck one is talking about. Yes, I have DelHomme as a high value pick too.

Brooks is wildly inconsistant, but gets into the top 5 almost every year when all is said and done.

856705[/snapback]

I believe he was more like Top 12 or 13 last year in our league. But his stats were skewed by a few good performances against weaker opposition. Besides, I'd rather avoid the ulcers he gave me every week for 3.5 qtrs. :D

Palmer, Delhomme, Carr ... there really is no reason to draft a QB before the 7th round this year.

Unless, of course, you're in the middle of the first round, and your choices are between Manning and Corey "how many yards can I possibly have left in these legs" Dillon.

I've yet to see a mock that helps you by taking McNabb in the 3rd.

I would tier them like this:

Tier 1--Manning

Tier 2--Culpepper

Tier 3--

Tier 4--

Tier 5--McNabb

Tier 6--Green/Favre/Bulger

Tier 7--Delhomme/Plummer/Hasselbeck/Brees/Collins

Tier 8--Vick/Brooks/Brady/Palmer/Carr/Pennington

Not set in stone yet, but the earliest these guys should go in a trad 12 team league. Skipping a tier helps me project for value in drafting.

Just to mix it up a little....what about Griese? If you look at his games started last year and project them over a full season he would have been a top 5 QB. Thoughts on Griese as a top 10 this year.....I'm thinking he is going relatively unnoticed.

Just to mix it up a little....what about Griese?  If you look at his games started last year and project them over a full season he would have been a top 5 QB.  Thoughts on Griese as a top 10 this year.....I'm thinking he is going relatively unnoticed.

856927[/snapback]

I'm not sure I count on him to be a solid #1, but for sure he's a great #2.

In my local, he scored in the 20's 5X, with a high of 24. He's a poor man's Tom Brady when it comes to fantasy points...consistent, but will remotely put up big numbers.

I'm not sure I count on him to be a solid #1, but for sure he's a great #2.

In my local, he scored in the 20's 5X, with a high of 24. He's a poor man's Tom Brady when it comes to fantasy points...consistent, but will remotely put up big numbers.

856937[/snapback]

Man o Man! I think the Gruden factor will make him top 10 this year. Grooming top teir QBs is Gruden's thing. You heard it here firtst: Griese will be top 10 QB in 2005.

Let's all remember where we heard it first, since it's Gruden's thing.

Pancake, make sure you let us know how many times you draft him this year...since you're so sure he's going to be a top 10, we should expect to see him on at least a few of your teams.

Let's all remember where we heard it first, since it's Gruden's thing.

Pancake, make sure you let us know how many times you draft him this year...since you're so sure he's going to be a top 10, we should expect to see him on at least a few of your teams.

856959[/snapback]

Bwhahahaha! (evil laugh while rubbing my hands together)

Just mixing it up. Im a value drafter so I would never reach for a guy if I can have him in later rounds....therefore, if Griese falls to me late in the draft I will take him.

Why is that Brooks is the one QB who never seems to go to the same Owner again?

856767[/snapback]

Good question. He's a regular in top ten/top five rankings for QB every year, he rarely misses time to injury, his defenses consistently allow him to throw late in the game, and he's got weapons every year to look good. He was #8 in my league last year, only 16 points from #4 ranking by himself (0's are all week 17):

QB	Manning, Peyton QB IND	18	18	35	15	18	0	26	37	28	30	23	33	26	19	13	22	0	361QB	Culpepper, Daunte QB MIN	31	19	29	0	38	36	11	13	14	31	21	18	21	16	29	25	0	352QB	McNabb, Donovan QB PHI	30	25	27	12	0	7	32	14	3	30	25	21	37	13	11	5	0	292QB	Green, Trent QB KC	5	6	19	13	0	19	10	27	24	14	22	9	24	19	20	21	0	252QB	Favre, Brett QB GB	9	12	30	7	18	18	18	14	0	25	18	20	3	11	20	25	0	248QB	Brees, Drew QB SD	16	6	13	20	16	12	7	33	26	0	19	25	3	14	7	23	0	240QB	Plummer, Jake QB DEN	18	12	19	10	15	19	10	32	25	0	16	12	7	7	15	21	0	238QB	Brooks, Aaron QB NO	12	23	18	9	12	20	15	0	9	19	16	18	20	13	15	18	0	237

I had him last year, and I'd take him again this year. I just don't understand why everyone hates him so much. $ in the bank.

What happened to the max of 5 lines for signatures....... :D

857085[/snapback]

I know of no such limitation. I've seen many many people have their league scoring and/or rosters in their sigs in the past. I did a quick look, and didn't see any in the 30 seconds I tried, so maybe I missed a recent announcement? If so I'd be happy to modify it.

I know of no such limitation.  I've seen many many people have their league scoring and/or rosters in their sigs in the past.  I did a quick look, and didn't see any in the 30 seconds I tried, so maybe I missed a recent announcement?  If so I'd be happy to modify it.

857198[/snapback]

If you don't change it, it might just be changed for you. There was talk of long sig's being a problem.

Sorry, I have yet to memorize last year's stats, I usually look them up. And I rarley if ever would look up stats from a post that doesn't mention who the heck one is talking about. Yes, I have DelHomme as a high value pick too.

856739[/snapback]

I would have mentioned his name, but I think it's ridiculous that someone wouldn't consider him a top 10 QB going into 2005. Therefore, he remains anonymous.

Edited by godtomsatan