[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The RB Ranking Trap - Don't Get Caught Up

DeezNuts

I am so tired of reading people's top 5 or top 10 RB's and there's nothing there but names... Hey? Where the h*ll is the substance, where is your reasoning. DMD with all do respect this site has helped me quite a bit and I check in about 3 or 4 days a week through-out the season (which runs April - January for me), but I have to tell you, I strongly disagree with the RB rankings. Now I know blah, preseason, blah, they are just guides, but the final fantasy rankings typically don't look anywhere close to anyone's pre-season rankings anyway so the below rankings are for all you guys that think outside the box, for those of you that want a reason why someone has been ranked where they are at. Being conservative is okay if you want to compete but it takes balls to be great!

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

The undisputed #1, Like Mike Tyson in his day LT is a bad mutha, just get out da way, he’s so good that if you could start two of him at RB and play no WR’s you still might make the playoffs. This guy is what football is all about, he actually called the shot that the Chargers would make the playoffs last year, if you don’t draft him first because he’s that darn good, take him first for making that call!

2. Shaun Alexander

Has the potential to outscore LT but unfortunately the Seahawks either play good or play like sh*t, if the Seagulls get on the same page week in and week out then SA is gonna stand for Scoring Animal. Stay tuned.

3. Jamal Lewis

Are you kidding me DMD, no JL in the top 10. Let’s see; improved line, improved WR’s, improved QB, he has nothing to do but lift and run while in prison and stay in shape, he has a chip on his shoulder, and he is one pissed off S.O.B… give me a whole team of Jamal Lewis's. I’m actually moving down in my draft to take this stud because he’s so undervalued. Remember 2 years ago, an average of 129 YARDS PER GAME. I’m printing t-shirts as I type that read “Have You Forgotten 2066”. I would rather get my man and be pissed off if it doesn’t work out, why? It’s better to be pissed off than pissed on!

4. Edgerrin James

Did you know Edge was tied for the most 100 yard games last year? If you don’t know that then you’re not using all the tools on the Huddle website, cough, cough, Consistency Rankings. I like him here because of his all-round play making ability and his disgusting encore of wide receivers that not only catch a million passes but keep the defenses off the line which makes Edge perhaps better than he actually is but who really cares, he’ll get you the points one way or the other.

5. Domanick Davis

Dom, dom, Dom, dom… I hate the name Houston Texans but I like Dom, I like Houston, I like Andre Johnson, I like Dom catching the ball, and I really like Jonathan Wells being moved to FB... this is the guy that everyone wants to take here but won’t because of what’s been drilled into their heads. Take a chance here because the stars are aligning.

6. Priest Holmes

Every year the health issue comes up and every year some of you fools buy into the hype and pass on Priest. This year, buy into the hype, Why you ask? Not only is his health a factor as usual but UNLIKE ANY OTHER YEAR Priest now has a solid explosive back-up that can easily move the chains. Last year Larry Johnson ripped off his diaper and let it all hang out proving he could fill the void and if you don’t think that he’s going to be used more than ever this year to keep Priest healthy than you should probably be playing ping-pong. Priest at 4, not a prayer, lands at 6 for me.

7. Willis “Maybe” McGahee

This guy finally made the Bills drafting board look like a bunch of f*cking geniuses. And had the average Bledsoe stayed I would have had this machine maybe up a notch higher but as JP Losman’s season goes as does Willis. A learning curve is inevitable, look for an inconsistent start and a midseason run. Riskiest pick in the top 10, see B.A.R.L.OW 2004

8. Deuce McAllister

Here’s a converstation between me & Deuce;

Deuce: Hi, my name… Me: I don’t care, just score

Deuce: I’m originally fr… Me: score a f*cking TD

Deuce: I weigh 23… Me: Jerome Bettis is so fat he looks like couch with two legs but guess what he scores.

Get the point, every year this guy is ranked in the top 5 or 6 and every year he trips on the two yard line, until he can get his a** over that stripe he stays here and goes no higher.

9. Clinton Portis

The back or the system, the system or the back, Clinton Portis, Plinton Cortis, who cares? Washington has a bad offense, a bad QB, a bad line, I don’t buy the “dedicated to the run this year” bull because they can’t dedicate to anything but 3rd and long, if you can’t move the chains there ain’t going to be any gains… Portis is barely at 9, but I think the boy got skillz, I will never forget the 5 TD game where it looked liked he was on fast-forward and the rest of the players in slow-mo... I like the guy and I’m holding onto a glimmer of hope.

10. Stephen Jackson

I would never ever say that Marshall is an after-thought but let’s just say that Stephen is much more productive… and younger, and faster (now), and is used at the goaline. I like this guy a lot and I’m planning on grabbing Jamal Lewis at 9 and hoping Jackson falls to me at 19. The St. Louis O line should be improved and the defensive has made some adjustments. Look for The Marx man to balance out the always productive air-it-out first attack with a punishing ground game.

The Rest

11. Corey Dillon - Boringly consistant, New England gag!

12. Kevin Jones - Young, good WR's, improving D, stay healthy b*tch!

13. Julius Jones - Great potential, headline "A-Train hogs TD's"

14. Ahman Green - This just hurts me.

15. Tiki Barber - What goes up must come down

Just another perspective... take a chance and go with your gut!

:D:D

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

2. Shaun Alexander

3. Edgerrin James

4. Priest Holmes

Tier 2

5. Willis McGahee

6. Domanick Davis

7. Clinton Portis

8. Deuce McAllister

9. Corey Dillon

10. Tiki Barber

855651[/snapback]

I am so tired of reading people's top 5 or top 10 RB's and there's nothing there but names... Hey? Where the h*ll is the substance, where is your reasoning.  I strongly disagree with the RB rankings.

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

2. Shaun Alexander

3. Jamal Lewis

4. Edgerrin James

5. Domanick Davis

6. Priest Holmes

7. Willis “Maybe” McGahee

8. Deuce McAllister

9. Clinton Portis

10. Stephen Jackson

The Rest

11. Corey Dillon - Boringly consistant, New England gag!

15. Tiki Barber - What goes up must come down

856622[/snapback]

I appreciate the humor, energy and analysis but I'm not sure where you "strongly disagree". These lists have 3 guys in the exact same spot, 2 off by one spot, and 4 off by only two spots. Also you both have 8 of the same guys in the top 10 and 10 in the top 11(he stated in the thread that he had Lewis at 11). Granted, there's a big difference in the Lewis ranking and you do have Jackson in the top 10 but come on, you "strongly disagree".

And, oh, by the way, his lists as I'm sure you're aware will provide reasons for said rankings when they officially come out. This is what you call a taste or a teaser. It's meant to illicit discussion so nice job, mission accomplished.

All that said, I really did enjoy reading your post. And for what it's worth, I don't agree entirely with either of you.

I am so tired of reading people's top 5 or top 10 RB's and there's nothing there but names... Hey? Where the h*ll is the substance, where is your reasoning.

:D I now have to ask the same question you posed right back at you.... I don't see a lot of substance. You said the Redskins O line is bad. I don't agree. You made this statement, but never backed it up with substance. Do that, and we have something to talk about. But, all you have here is another list, just the kind you said you don't like.

Another case in point... S Jackson. You said:

Look for The Marx man to balance out the always productive air-it-out first attack with a punishing ground game.

Why? He has never done it before, yet you say he will. No reasoning OR substance. It would have taken a lot less time to just post your list.... the rest of the post happens to lack reason or substance. :D

Edited by Rovers

You had 8 of the same top 10, just had someone different at #3 and at #10.

856640[/snapback]

And one of the justifications for Lewis was "improved QB".

Did I miss something, or is Kyle Boller still at the helm?

Edited by charty

I am so tired of reading people's top 5 or top 10 RB's and there's nothing there but names... Hey? Where the h*ll is the substance, where is your reasoning. DMD with all do respect this site has helped me quite a bit and I check in about 3 or 4 days a week through-out the season (which runs April - January for me), but I have to tell you, I strongly disagree with the RB rankings.

856622[/snapback]

You do realize that the rankings will be coming out with analysis/reasoning on about 280 players, right?

You do realize that the rankings will be coming out with analysis/reasoning on about 280 players, right?

856998[/snapback]

I cant wait! :D July 1st right?

I cant wait!  :D  July 1st right?

857130[/snapback]

hopefully. In trying to satisfy some requests we got last year, it will have a slightly different presentation this year. Shooting for July 1st but that is the 4th weekend.

hopefully. In trying to satisfy some requests we got last year, it will have a slightly different presentation this year. Shooting for July 1st but that is the 4th weekend.

857158[/snapback]

Well I won't touch a computer after 5:30 pm CST on Friday until Wednesday July 6, 2005 so don't ruin your weekend on my account.

Well I won't touch a computer after 5:30 pm CST on Friday until Wednesday July 6, 2005 so don't ruin your weekend on my account.

857170[/snapback]

Ditto. Going up to my familys lakeside cabin in the mountains Friday through Monday. Its always beer-o-thirty when your loung'n on the dock!

5. Domanick Davis

Dom, dom, Dom, dom… I hate the name Houston Texans but I like Dom, I like Houston, I like Andre Johnson, I like Dom catching the ball, and I really like Jonathan Wells being moved to FB... this is the guy that everyone wants to take here but won’t because of what’s been drilled into their heads. Take a chance here because the stars are aligning.

:D

Edited by WaterMan

Ease Of RB reports just came out and St. Louis is at number 3 for the season, number 1 in the first six weeks... I'm holding steady with Stephen Jackson at #10!

As far at the rest of you clowns b*tching about what I said, the issue at hand is there are too many people that just post a list and don't explain why they ranked the way they did... Whether you agree with my list or not makes no difference to me, but at least you know why I put the guys where I did.

Edited by DeezNuts

As far at the rest of you clowns b*tching about what I said, the issue at hand is there are too many people that just post a list and don't explain why they ranked the way they did... Whether you agree with my list or not makes no difference to me, but at least you know why I put the guys where I did.

857876[/snapback]

Welcome to my world

:D

Clubfoothead, even a blind dog can find a bone... to me the most important aspect of fantasy is insight and information... know one knows everything so some fact, opinion, or bit of information that you may find irrelevant may actually be helpful to someone else.