[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle Rankings - QB

DMD

1. Peyton Manning

2. Daunte Culpepper

3. Donovan McNabb

Tier 2

4. Marc Bulger

5. Brett Favre

6. Trent Green

7. Matt Hasselbeck

8. Carson Palmer

9. Jake Plummer

10. Tom Brady

This is where they fell out via projections. The only ones I am keeping an eye on is Green (I think he may fall in the rankings slightly but that is hard to justify) and while Hasselbeck projects out to 7th, I just don't have as good a sense about him as I have in previous seasons though that is mostly just "gut reaction". I feel sort of dirty for putting Plummer at 9th but that is where he ended up.

many will have Vick, Brooks or Collins in their top ten and they are right outside.

I agree wit 1-6 as ranked. I have Delhome at 7, the kid keeps getting better, and with Steve Smith coming back he should be even better than last year, where I think he ranked 5-8 in most scoring systems. I don't see Brady as a top 10 QB. I like Palmer and Plumber, but would probably flip the two.

I agree wit 1-6 as ranked.  I have Delhome at 7, the kid keeps getting better, and with Steve Smith coming back he should be even better than last year, where I think he ranked 5-8 in most scoring systems.  I don't see Brady as a top 10 QB.  I like Palmer and Plumber, but would probably flip the two.

856970[/snapback]

I really don't see how jake can improve on last years #'s. smith for muhammed is pretty much a wash, and they threw a lot more last year b/c of all the rb injuries. with foster, davis, and shelton all in the mix, should be more running and less passing. plus, and i could be wrong here b/c i'm basing this on memory, but it seemed that carolina fell behind in a lot of games last year forcing them to throw much more than they normally would.

I agree wit 1-6 as ranked.  I have Delhome at 7, the kid keeps getting better, and with Steve Smith coming back he should be even better than last year, where I think he ranked 5-8 in most scoring systems.  I don't see Brady as a top 10 QB.  I like Palmer and Plumber, but would probably flip the two.

856970[/snapback]

I have DelHomme right around there also but certainly in the top ten.

I'm a little concerned about Favre's O line. Add the fact that Green isn't as scary as he used to be, and Walkers hold out, just too many issues for me, a little too much risk over the others. One thing though, if he can stand up on his own, he'll play.

:D no Boller or Collins in the top 10.

Favre is Favre. Now I always wait on a QB but is anyone else less than thrilled with any QB option once you get past Manning, Culpepper, McNabb and Bulger? Seems to me they are about all the same.

I look forward to reading the analysis.

:D no Boller or Collins in the top 10.

Favre is Favre.  Now I always wait on a QB but is anyone else less than thrilled with any QB option once you get past Manning, Culpepper, McNabb and Bulger?  Seems to me they are about all the same. 

I look forward to reading the analysis.

857189[/snapback]

I agree - after CPep, Manning, McNabb and Bulger are gone, there is no rush to get one. I debated putting Bulger in Tier one because of that

Tier 1

Manning

Culpepper

Tier 2

McNabb

Tier 3

The others.

point wise last year, McNabb is closer to tier 3 then he is to tier 1. And I don't see that changing this year. he is a great QB, but like all mobile QBs, as they mature and progress they tend to become passing rather than rushing QBs.

Put another way, manning and culpepper could go in the 1st round, at worst early second round. Mcnabb is a 3rd or 4 thr ound pick

I am not as high on Carson Palmer as everyone else seems to be.  I like David Carr ALOT better than Palmer...

857069[/snapback]

spain, I don't see it. Bengals have several quality receivers, including a stud in Chad Johnson. They have depth at RB with Rudi Johson and and Perry. They have a good young o-line. This team reminds me a bit of the Colts a few years ago.

I am far from sold on Carr. I've never been impressed. He's got nice hair, but that's about it. Their o-line sucks especially in pass protection. They have a good RB who also gets hurt a lot. Andre Johnson was very inconsistent last year. In games I see against the Colts, he gets the crap beat out of him. I'm beginning to wonder if he's already taken too many hits in his very young career.

Tier 2

4. Marc Bulger

5. Brett Favre

6. Trent Green

7. Matt Hasselbeck

8. Carson Palmer

9. Jake Plummer

10. Tom Brady

This is where they fell out via projections. The only ones I am keeping an eye on is Green (I think he may fall in the rankings slightly but that is hard to justify) and while Hasselbeck projects out to 7th, I just don't have as good a sense about him as I have in previous seasons though that is mostly just "gut reaction". I feel sort of dirty for putting Plummer at 9th but that is where he ended up.

many will have Vick, Brooks or Collins in their top ten and they are right outside.

856935[/snapback]

Can't dispute the top 3, but Delhomme? You rank Smith in Tier 2 and leave off his QB that threw for 3800 without him? For shame....

Nice to see Vick where he belongs.

856974[/snapback]

I know! That way I can get him on the cheap.

He will break out, that's everyone's fear..........

I'd like to add my top 10...I don't have anything in mind, I'm going to wing it...

1. Manning - exactly

2. McNabb - ^^

3. Culpepper - ^^

4. Brees - why not?...#4 is so murky and he has weapons in all the right places

5. Green - ehh...he always is up there in yards very quietly somehow..

6. Brady - plays extremely well usually on prime time...if he didn't have to play in cold weather games late in the season, he'd be #4 probably..

7. Collins - Moss and Porter....well, even just Moss alone even made Jeff George have a very nice season..

8. Carr - yuup...might be #4 after this season..

9. Bulger - ehh..with Bruce's back? I think acting up, he's on the downswing...expect opposing defense's to focus on Holt more by far..

10. Hasselbeck or Harrington - Joey has no excuse now..Matt always plays well every other year...so here it is...

I am having trouble adding Favre to my top 10 with the OL looking the way it does right now..

Psssst, Pssst, yea you buddy Come here

:opens coat:

I got a Griese right here, Thats right, a genuine Brian Griese. Solid numbers last year, better receivers and running attack this year.... You can have him for an 8th.

Just an 8th.......

i disagree with sac saying mcnabb is closer to a tier 3. his numbers i believe have been getting better each yr. culp will miss moss to be certain. to me it looks more like this:

tier 1

manning

tier 2

mcnabb

culp

tier 3

bulger

green

tier 4

start reading off the rest of the names

hassel

favre

brooks

whoever you like

i disagree with sac saying mcnabb is closer to a tier 3.  his numbers i believe have been getting better each yr.  culp will miss moss to be certain.  to me it  looks more like this:

tier 1

manning

tier 2

mcnabb

culp

tier 3

bulger

green

tier 4

start reading off the rest of the names

hassel

favre

brooks

whoever you like

858283[/snapback]

yup. i agree completely, except that i'd have green down with "the rest of the names". but really, manning is in a class by himself....then culp and mcnabb...then bulger...then everyone else.

assuming TO is in the fold, i'm not sure mcnabb shouldn't be #2 ahead of culpepper.

858249[/snapback]

Yep. If not, Cpep and McNabb both go to the top of tier 2 imo. Cpep without Moss and McNabb without TO will not help their fantasy value.