[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Louisiana struggles to pay Saints

budlitebrad

This is a very serious issue here in New Orleans. If the Saints move it will have a major impact on our already struggling economy. ie; No more Superbowls, soon thereafter no more BCS championship games! We will struggle to draw the larger sporting events to a Superdome that doesnt have NFL type upkeep. The building will eventually be an eyesore and the downtown area will suffer dramatically. If New Orleans loses the franchise I seriously doubt we will ever get another one as Cleveland and Houston have.

The original deal was made by then Governor Foster but the current negotiations are being handle by a stupid lady dog named Blanco! Not sure if she could keep a cadaver in the body bag and i'm almost positive she wont keep the Saints in New Orleans. Wouldnt surprise me much to see the moving trucks pulling up to the Dome late at night to move em out. Although here, to get out unnoticed you would need to leave around 930am on monday morning !

According to the article, it was the previous governor who made the deal, not this one.

857900[/snapback]

Yeah, and as I've said on numerous occassions on this and other message boards, the deal was made before 9/11. The payment plan was based on projected tourism and hotel occupancy numbers that have fallen well short (despite some recovery from the late 2001 and all of 2002 downturn).