[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO to be a Raider?

nogohawk

I was watching WPVI (a Phila. news station) this morning at 5 AM, and in there sports coverage announced talks between the Eagles and Raiders. A possible trade of TO for Jerry Porter. Apparently, Lurie is sticking by his guns and not re-negotiating TO's contract.

Point 1 - An unbelievable combination of Moss and TO, but are there enough balls to go around and 2 head cases in the lockerroom. They had a brief clip of Moss' reaction, I think he said there wouldn't be any problem and would like to play with TO (sorry, couldn't hear it all - the dogs were playing).

Point 2 - Is Jerry Porter enough compensation for TO? I would love to see them get one of the other Raider WR's like Curry or Gabriel in addition.

Sorry, but no link - I'll try to find more later.

Let the discussion begin! :D

Edit for spelling (Yukon I'm not) :D

Edited by nogohawk

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope not, as juan said it would hurt both

TO's and Moss's value.

Not to mention the bickering that would go on all season long.

And where would Oakland get all this money from?

Imagine the competition for contracts these two would have.

FWIW, if this did happen, Philly would, once again, suck balls. Which is a good thing. McNabb's numbers would drop significantly, Moss and TO's numbers would probably drop off a little, and Collins' numbers would go through the roof. Not to mention, it might actually improve Jordan's value as well. I mean, you think ANYONE would have the balls to put 8 in the box with Moss and Owens at wideout?

I'd love it. TO and Moss could fistfight between offensive series over who Kerry Collins likes better. The scenario is like this--

"Fire! Fire!"

"Don't worry! I'll just throw this gasoline on it--should drown that silly fire right out..." :D

I think there was some speculation last year about MN going after TO so that the Vikings would have C-Pep throwing to TO and Moss!

I can't see Oakland being able to pay both enough to keep them happy. :D

Edited by T-Scorp

I think there would be enough passes to go around for Moss and TO. Let's assume Oakland throws the ball 35-times a game and then have both Moss and TO. I will assume that 34 passes goes to those two clowns. This means each gets 17-passes thrown their way. I am thinking of it like the numbers McCardell and Smith put up in J-Ville.

I also would love to see the tag team of TO and Moss taking their turns after each series railing on Collins for overthrowing them again and again.

Porter is not nearly enough for TO, throw in Curry and that is a good deal.

How many points did they surrender to the Titans in the Super Bowl?

859271[/snapback]

Who won the Super Bowl? Are you inferring that the Rams got to the Bowl because of their defense? C'mon, even you're smarter than that.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Who won the Super Bowl? Are you inferring that the Rams got to the Bowl because of their defense? C'mon, even you're smarter than that.

859272[/snapback]

Even I'm smarter then that? Why Hugh, what could you possibly be implying with such a statement? Why don't you and I have a spelling bee to determine who's smarter. :D BTW I wasn't implying that their defense got them to the SB, only that it helped them win it.

Really? Might want to ask the Rams about that.

859267[/snapback]

That's the past...we're talking about the present.

Sure, the Rams were good fashion for a period of time, but they actually put a good D on the field in 1999. They were 4th best in the league in terms of points scored. Also, they only gave up 4 TD's on the ground that year. Not a bad D. They had a pretty decent D in 01 as well.

Oakland was second to last in points scored against last year. They would be best served to shore that side up IMO.

That's the past...we're talking about the present.

Sure, the Rams were good fashion for a period of time, but they actually put a good D on the field in 1999. They were 4th best in the league in terms of points scored. Also, they only gave up 4 TD's on the ground that year. Not a bad D. They had a pretty decent D in 01 as well.

Oakland was second to last in points scored against last year. They would be best served to shore that side up IMO.

859286[/snapback]

Make TO and Moss play corner, too. Easy solution.

...ring...ring...

Hello?

How are you getting along these days?

Oh, hi, Mr. Peterson. I'm doing pretty good. The foot is coming along nicely. I'll be ready for camp. Hey, did you see that Oakland may be trading Jerry Porter for Terrell Owens?

<gasp>

Uhhh...no. Hadn't seen that.

<pause>

So, what does your schedule look like next week? We'd like to have you in town.

Well, I'm playing x-box on Monday and Tuesday; a couple of guys are coming over for some cards on Wednesday. I guess I could come over on Thursday.

Great. We'll pick you up at the airport like last time. We look forward to seeing you again next week, Ty.

Sure 'nuff, Mr. Peterson. Bye.

Bye.

Even I'm smarter then that?  Why Hugh, what could you possibly be implying with such a statement?  Why don't you and I have a spelling bee to determine who's smarter. :D BTW I wasn't implying that their defense got them to the SB, only that it helped them win it.

859278[/snapback]

You gotta beat Yukon in the prelims, than we can talk. :D

And for the record, I think it was more of the Titans offense not showing up as opposed to the Rams defense playing well.

Here's the boxscore: http://www.superbowl.com/history/boxscores/game/sbxxxiv

Rams had 29 yards rushing and 407 yards passing.