[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO to be a Raider?

nogohawk

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta beat Yukon in the prelims, than we can talk.  :D

And for the record, I think it was more of the Titans offense not showing up as opposed to the Rams defense playing well.

Here's the boxscore: http://www.superbowl.com/history/boxscores/game/sbxxxiv

Rams had 29 yards rushing and 407 yards passing.

859319[/snapback]

I really hate to argue such an old issue but how can you say the Titans offense didn't show up? They had 367 yds of offense, 159 yds rushing, 208 yds passing and no turnovers against what was actually a very good Rams defense that was actually ranked 6th in the league in 1999.

And they came up an agonizing 1 yd short of scoring the TD that would have won the game with the PAT.

Their offense showed up, it was their secondary that played poorly.

And ultimately St. Louis's defense did in fact when the game by making the tackle at the 1 on the last play of the game.

I really hate to argue such an old issue but how can you say the Titans offense didn't show up? They had 367 yds of offense, 159 yds rushing, 208 yds passing and no turnovers against what was actually a very good Rams defense that was actually ranked 6th in the league in 1999.

And they came up an agonizing 1 yd short of scoring the TD that would have won the game with the PAT.

Their offense showed up, it was their secondary that played poorly.

And ultimately St. Louis's defense did in fact when the game by making the tackle at the 1 on the last play of the game.

859410[/snapback]

Well, it was more for my "discussion" with JJ, so I didn't mean to open up old wounds, but 16 points is 16 points, and against a horrible defense, regardless of how many yards they had. And 208 yards passing is pretty terrible.

In today's salary cap confines this rumor is an impossibility.

859542[/snapback]

That's precisely what I thought. If the Eagles won't cough up the bucks, how in the world could OAK afford to pay even more than what PHI had already committed to paying? Besides, in practical application I bet it would not work out that well. Both guys need to get 60% or more of the passes in an offense. No way either would want to step down. I think it would be riotously amusing to see it happen, but there is no way in the world of salary caps it is even possible.

If Porter goes to the Eagles we're going to have to revive that Porter versus Burleson thread.

859628[/snapback]

Then it would clearly be Porter. :D

Well, it was more for my "discussion" with JJ, so I didn't mean to open up old wounds, but 16 points is 16 points, and against a horrible defense, regardless of how many yards they had. And 208 yards passing is pretty terrible.

859440[/snapback]

No old wounds opened here, I am not a fan of either team. I just think you're way off base in your assessment, regardless of the "discussion". The Rams had an excellent Defense that year and the Titans played a well balanced, ball control offense against that defense, which as I said was ranked 6th in the league that year.

Where do you get the idea that the Rams defense was "horrible" in 1999?

No old wounds opened here, I am not a fan of either team. I just think you're way off base in your assessment, regardless of the "discussion". The Rams had an excellent Defense that year and the Titans played a well balanced, ball control offense against that defense, which as I said was ranked 6th in the league that year.

Where do you get the idea that the Rams defense was "horrible" in 1999?

859805[/snapback]

I may be mistaken, but weren't the Rams ranked #1 overall defense?...they were at least 3rd...

This would be very very funny... You wanna talk about an 'accident waiting to happen'...

...especially if their first big 'conversation' happened while they were getting pounded by the Chiefs...

OAK had 582 pass attempts in 2004, the 4th highest in the NFL last year. Based on last year reception to target ratio for Moss and Owens of 52% and 58%, respectively, they would each need about 173 and 155 pass attemps thrown their way to hit 90 receptions or approximately 56% of the total pass attempts from Collins. The stat numbers work out...not sure if the salary cap numbers ever would.

:D

EDIT: As a side note, OAK had the least rush attempts in the NFL in 2004 at 327. If TO went to OAK not sure how it would effect LaMonts numbers.

Additionally, TEN, STL, WAS, CIN, IND, BUF, and PIT, were teams in 2004 that attempted at least 50% of its passes to only two WR.

Edited by Pancake

I may be mistaken, but weren't the Rams ranked #1 overall defense?...they were at least 3rd...

859825[/snapback]

I thought they were too but all I could find in print this morning was 6th so I went with that in the absence of anything else verifiable. But even 6th is excellent anything higher of course makes them even tougher.

That's why i was surprised to see Hugh One refer to their defense as horrible that year.

And as highly ranked as their defense was in 1999 the Rams would have lost that superbowl on the last play of the game if that tackle had been missed.

The Titans played a great game against the Rams that day. Both on offense & defense.

Based on the drama of the way the game ended it was one of the top 5 Super Bowls of all time.

Is your friend the Official Raider Spokesman? :D

859874[/snapback]

No, but is the only one that I know that is a vocal fan. Most of them just hide until they win. He roots for them thick and thin. He is also in two leagues with me, and he said he may be drafting a Raider this year if it happens. Kerry Colins.

I thought they were too but all I could find in print this morning was 6th so I went with that in the absence of anything else verifiable. But even 6th is excellent anything higher of course makes them even tougher.

That's why i was surprised to see Hugh One refer to their defense as horrible that year.

And as highly ranked as their defense was in 1999 the Rams would have lost that superbowl on the last play of the game if that tackle had been missed.

The Titans played a great game against the Rams that day. Both on offense & defense.

Based on the drama of the way the game ended it was one of the top 5 Super Bowls of all time.

859870[/snapback]

I'm doing a little :D right now, trying to find their defensive ranking for 1999, but I'm having a little bit of trouble. :D

They DID give up 38 against the Vikes in the 1st round of the playoffs that year, maybe that's clouding my memory... :D

Pass 242 319 596 3867 6.5 19 29 Rush 338 1189 3.5 4

Pass 273 314 541 3348 6.2 16 21 Rush 364 1385 3.8 11

Pts. allowed,

Completions

Attempts

Yds

Yds. per pass

TD's

INT's

Attempts

Yds

YPC

TD's

Edited by gilthorp

I'm doing a little :D right now, trying to find their defensive ranking for 1999, but I'm having a little bit of trouble. :D

They DID give up 38 against the Vikes in the 1st round of the playoffs that year, maybe that's clouding my memory... :D

859898[/snapback]

Try this: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/tmstats1999.htm

If Porter goes to the Eagles we're going to have to revive that Porter versus Burleson thread.

859628[/snapback]

Then it would clearly be Porter. :D

859766[/snapback]

In that case, I'd take Burleson.

859342[/snapback]