[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO to be a Raider?

nogohawk

If Porter goes to the Eagles we're going to have to revive that Porter versus Burleson thread.

859628[/snapback]

If Porter went to PHI then even I would be willing to review it all over again.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During this painful drought of anything happening in the NFL, it is not surprising to see a radio station "speculating" about anything. Were this to happen it would be of historic and monumental proportions and would result in OAK having to cut a bunch of players in order to hope to afford both Moss and Owens who neither would be happy with it. I just cannot see their egos wanting to clash. They cannot hope to have as good a season with the other on the same team. No way - and OAK is not about to go to the Superbowl with that defense.

Maybe the Raiders could offer up Collins for Manning too...

I really hate to argue such an old issue but how can you say the Titans offense didn't show up? They had 367 yds of offense, 159 yds rushing, 208 yds passing and no turnovers against what was actually a very good Rams defense that was actually ranked 6th in the league in 1999.

And they came up an agonizing 1 yd short of scoring the TD that would have won the game with the PAT.

Their offense showed up, it was their secondary that played poorly.

And ultimately St. Louis's defense did in fact when the game by making the tackle at the 1 on the last play of the game.

859410[/snapback]

Final score was 23-16. If Mike Jones hadn't made the tackle, the PAT would have only sent the game to OT, not won the game for Tennessee.

Final score was 23-16.  If Mike Jones hadn't made the tackle, the PAT would have only sent the game to OT, not won the game for Tennessee.

860006[/snapback]

Thanks for the correction. But my point was more to the fact that St Louis' defense was excellent that year, not horrible as Hugh One was saying.

Thanks for the correction. But my point was more to the fact that St Louis' defense was excellent that year, not horrible as Hugh One was saying.

860049[/snapback]

Allright, you made your point. What do you want? Submission? :D

Sorry Hugh, I was just telling the math wizard what the real point was. Didn't mean to beat a dead horse or anything.

860077[/snapback]

I think 2 things threw me off. OK, three if you count the fact that moderate alcohol consumption has probably killed a few too many brain cells. First, the fact that the defense was horrible in 2000, and his been pretty bad since then. Also, the Vikes playoff game in 1999 (I'm a HUGH Vikes fan) was a real shootout with no defense. 44-38 I think.

Anywho, my bad. I stand corrected. The Rams had a very good statistical year on defense in 1999.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I think 2 things threw me off. OK, three if you count the fact that moderate alcohol consumption has probably killed a few too many brain cells. First, the fact that the defense was horrible in 2000, and his been pretty bad since then. Also, the Vikes playoff game in 1999 (I'm a HUGH Vikes fan) was a real shootout with no defense. 44-38 I think.

Anywho, my bad. I stand corrected. The Rams had a very good statistical year on defense in 1999.

860088[/snapback]

I told you that in post 19 of this thread. :D

New Math! :D

860135[/snapback]

I have seen this...mayan calculation...you take a dot and it equals one...then a flat line and it equals 10 and a shell...that equals 100...

so they'll cover up cap space with sticks, stones and shells right? :D

I have seen this...mayan calculation...you take a dot and it equals one...then a flat line and it equals 10 and a shell...that equals 100...

so they'll cover up cap space with sticks, stones and shells right?  :D

860142[/snapback]

Dont forget smoke and mirrors. :D

I love madden...and no salary cap

860157[/snapback]

Man, I can't WAIT for tonight. I'm moving in to my new place this evening and hooking up the PS2. I've been without Madden for about 2 months now and I've got the DTs.