[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Huddle Mock 3 ***

DMD

8 Man Mock official page and analysis

Overall, a solid team headed by all-world Manning but no other player is really top 8 in their position. That will make competing against all the other solid teams much harder.

861231[/snapback]

Last year in this scoring system Martin was #4. Think he's on the downside? Fine. Let's just look at the final 6 weeks. Julius Jones was #3. I think I've got a top 8 RB.

Crumpler was the #4 scoring TE. Elam was the #2 scoring PK. Chicago was the #3 scoring Def.

Knock my WR all you like, I'll admit this is my weak spot (always is) but I've gotta defend my guys when you say none of them are even top 8.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing lower than a B- ?

861286[/snapback]

When everyone has a solid team, it is harder to grade the outcome. The reality with that mock is that it looked like to me that there were a handful of teams that took into account the nuances of an 8 man league and the more important need to get a great set of starters for all positions (The "A" teams) and the rest looked like to me drafters who always did 12 man leagues and were focused too much on grabbing position depth before starters (the "B" teams).

You could change the "B" teams to whatever grade that should have been but there were a lot of teams that were similar.

When everyone has a solid team, it is harder to grade the outcome. The reality with that mock is that it looked like to me that there were a handful of teams that took into account the nuances of an 8 man league and the more important need to get a great set of starters for all positions (The "A" teams) and the rest looked like to me drafters who always did 12 man leagues and were focused too much on grabbing position depth before starters (the "B" teams).

You could change the "B" teams to whatever grade that should have been but there were a lot of teams that were similar.

861317[/snapback]

I agree it looked like 2 maybe 3 teams drafted in an 8 man mode while the rest were in 12 man mode (RB w-h-o-r-e-s).

major-tom

Bulger, DDavis, AGreen, Moss, SSmith, Porter/Lelie, Gates, Vanderjagt, NE.

I'm somewhat concerned about AGreen this year and this team doesn't have very good RB depth.  Not sure why you draft Porter when you already have RMoss?  This team will still be competitive.

860981[/snapback]

Fair criticism on taking Porter already having Moss. It was a bad oversight and was kicking myself when I checked my roster right after the pick. As far as RB depth I think I would be alright with plenty of free agents to choose from with these roster limitations.