[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirectTV's Superfan

Hugh 0ne

Not for nothing, and it sounds like a cool option, but couldn't these Oprahers include it in the NFL package that you're already paying $200 for?

DirectTV is turning into the cable company. They stick in your keester because they can and have no competition.

Not for nothing, and it sounds like a cool option, but couldn't these Oprahers include it in the NFL package that you're already paying $200 for?

DirectTV is turning into the cable company. They stick in your keester because they can and have no competition.

860733[/snapback]

Yea, they do it because they can. Unfortunately, alot of companies are entering into agreements that decrease competition and allow for an increase in prices. DirecTV is one, EA Sports has just become another with their exclusivity for NFL team logos in videogames.

Will Fantasy Football be next?? Lets hope not.

If cable could offer the NFL Sunday Ticket, we'd have an entirely different ballgame.

860745[/snapback]

Apparently they are. I was told by Comcast that the rights are slowly being shared and they are next in the pecking order. So, DirecTv will still feature it, but also Comcast and other companies. Now I realize they could be blowin' smoke up my a$$, but it makes sense. I'm sure a google search would answer more.

I like DirectTV for 2 reasons: First, the cable company screwed me unconditionally for as long as they could until something else came along. Second, the Sunday Ticket. If cable gets the Sunday Ticket the competition would be great for all consumers, and we'd finally really have an option.

Apparently they are.  I was told by Comcast that the rights are slowly being shared and they are next in the pecking order.  So, DirecTv will still feature it, but also Comcast and other companies.  Now I realize they could be blowin' smoke up my a$$, but it makes sense.  I'm sure a google search would answer more.

860754[/snapback]

DirecTV has an exclusive contract for NFL Sunday Ticket through the year 2010. That means no games on cable except what is shown on your local affiliate.

One thing to be aware of is that they have reduced the price of SuperFan for returning customers of NFLST to $49. If you were not a subscriber to NFLST last year, they are going to charge you the full $99. You may want to call DirecTV and request the $49 price if you are going to order SuperFan (you need it for HD games through NFLST as well). If the first person you talk to cannot get it done, ask to be transferred to customer retention - they can definitely do it for you. Some people have said that they've had luck by complaining enough to get the whole SuperFan package free (I'm not sure if any non-renewing customer has been able to get a discount).

Hope this information helps!

Edited by Nate Dawg

I like DirectTV for 2 reasons: First, the cable company screwed me unconditionally for as long as they could until something else came along. Second, the Sunday Ticket. If cable gets the Sunday Ticket the competition would be great for all consumers, and we'd finally really have an option.

860761[/snapback]

I had DTv for one season and I think I like not having it better. I think it's more intense having live scores on the internet while watching one game. Actually, I think the best option would be to have it set up like pay per view where you could purchase individual games. There's always those marquee games that I miss because Cleveland (for example) is closer regionally so I end up getting a Cleveland/Miami game for instance. That always pisses me off.

I had DTv for one season and I think I like not having it better.  I think it's more intense having live scores on the internet while watching one game.  Actually, I think the best option would be to have it set up like pay per view where you could purchase individual games.  There's always those marquee games that I miss because Cleveland (for example) is closer regionally so I end up getting a Cleveland/Miami game for instance.  That always pisses me off.

860770[/snapback]

I respectfully disagree. I'm not one to be online on Sunday, so I get all my football scores, updates and action from the Sunday Ticket. I flip around like Grant took Richmond. Drives my wife crazy. :D

Apparently they are.  I was told by Comcast that the rights are slowly being shared and they are next in the pecking order.  So, DirecTv will still feature it, but also Comcast and other companies.  Now I realize they could be blowin' smoke up my a$$, but it makes sense.  I'm sure a google search would answer more.

860754[/snapback]

Comcast told me the same thing about 5 years ago. . .

I love DirecTV and Sunday Ticket. It's worth every penny.

Edited by CaptainHook

NFL Sunday Ticket

Get the 2005 season of NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ for 4 payments of $54.75 (available to existing DIRECTV customers only). That's a $20 savings off the regular-season price.

Get 2005 NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan™, an optional add-on for only $99 in 2 payments of $49.50.

Click here to learn more.

send check and or money order to

Moneymakers INC

This will entitle you to all N.F.L games. even the blacked out ones.

If you act now. To the first 50 customers Moneymakers INC will throw in a free HD T.V.

Insert small print here:

no amount of cash can fully guaranteed The NFL package.

Insert even smaller print her:

free HD T.V is picture of and most likely will not be mailed anyways.

860733[/snapback]

True..true...the basturds know how to corner you. They could raise it to 1500 for the season and I'd still pay it. Nothing beats the ability to change the channel and watch whatever game you want.

I had the Sunday Ticket last year, but I'm confused on what the Superfan thing is all about.  Can someone fill me in?  Thanks.

860888[/snapback]

Bunch of new options/channels. One channel will simultaneously show 8 games at once. That'll be cool as balls on my big screen. :D

I had the Sunday Ticket last year, but I'm confused on what the Superfan thing is all about.  Can someone fill me in?  Thanks.

860888[/snapback]

Off the top of my head it offers...

1) Game Mix Channels - These will show 8 games at once on your screen, as Hugh said.

2) Red Zone Channel - This, I believe, will be a channel that will supposedly move from game to game to show the best games in progress. I'm not exactly sure how this will work, they might just always be showing a game where a team looks like it might score.

3) 30 Minute Games - Starting at midnight Sunday night/Monday morning, they will have all games commercial free where you can watch all plays in 30 minutes or less. Sounds like a kinda cool option.

4) HD Games - if you want to see the ST games in HD, you will need the SuperFan package.

Here's the link to DirecTV's website which talks about SuperFan (remember, as a renewing subscriber to call and get it for $49, or complain if you have HD and get it for FREE!).

http://www.directvsports.com/Packages/NFLS...icket/SuperFan/

My wife comes in last week with a small bag, and says she has an "I love you" gift for me. I look in the bag, and it is a yellow flag that Direct TV apparently sends out when you re-up that says something like, my sunday, my house, my games. You got to love a good woman.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I respectfully disagree. I'm not one to be online on Sunday, so I get all my football scores, updates and action from the Sunday Ticket. I flip around like Grant took Richmond. Drives my wife crazy. :D

860773[/snapback]

LOL.. I do the same thing. From noon till 6:30pm it is non stop flipping. Unless the Cowboys are playing, then the flipping is not as much. NFL Ticket is the way to go.

860773[/snapback]

I will be sitting in the recliner in front of my 57" Sony HD/TV with my lap top in my lap. I will ususally find three or four games I'm interested in, and flip back and forth between them. About every 20 minutes, I check to see how my FF teams are doing.

I'm the exact person these fokkers can abuse. How ever much they raise the price, I'm paying. I'm also going to pay for any additional stuff they offer regarding Sunday Ticket (Superfan). I think it is the greatest thing there is. Every Sunday, I first watch the Steeler game on my 60-Inch TV, with my laptop on a table that is pulled in front of me, but off to the side, kind of like a tray. I have my Fantasy Game Logs, and NFL.Com Logs on my screen. During commerical of the Steeler games, and during all other times, I am flipping through the channels. The additions from Superfan sound cool. The Red Zone channel could be great if they use it properly. I also love the sounds of the game replay channel with no commercials and just the plays. Sounds like a great way to watch the games that you couldn't see in their entirety due to all of the flipping. Last year the Steelers go 15-1 but fall short in the AFC Championship games, and both of my Fantasy teams lose in the Fantasy Bowl, both losing to teams with L.T., who caught an 80 yeard TD. Without that play I win both. I can't wait to finish what I started last year and for the Steelers to do the same........... Please hurry September. :D:D:D:D:D

Guest Sores

I too will pay whatever they charge.....that said, my understanding is that the Superfan package will require hardware upgrades in order for the 8 games on one screen to work and possibly the redzone thingy as well. So really you will be paying $49 to watch HD.

Sunday Ticket is a must! There is no better way to spend Sunday afternoons than loungin' in my lovesac with my 3 fantasy rosters and the Sunday Ticket! Plus, it's a must for an East Coast Seahawk Fan.

I was thinking about all of us who say we'd pay whatever the asking price. I was thinking I'd probably go no more than $500, but I hope I never find out......

I too will pay whatever they charge.....that said, my understanding is that the Superfan package will require hardware upgrades in order for the 8 games on one screen to work and possibly the redzone thingy as well.  So really you will be paying $49 to watch HD.

861489[/snapback]

I don't think a hardware upgrade will be required in order for you to watch the 8 games on one screen. If you have interactive hardware, you would be able to move a cursor around the screen to hear audio from whichever of the 8 games you select. You could then also hit one button to tune to that channel.

Without the interactive hardware, you can still watch the 8 games on one screen, but won't be able to select the audio from the game you want as easily (you can still use the alternate audio button on your DirecTV receiver), and you must punch in the channel number to go to a specific game.

You can use the Mix Channels on 102, 104, and 111 to get a feel for how this will probably work (although those channels only have 6 programs at a time.

Hope this makes sense.

OK hugh and gang, all this DirecTv talk has sparked my interest in it again. Does directv offer any type of internet? I will assume no since it is a satellite, but maybe they do. That's the biggest obstacle for me, the internet that I get along with my digital cable through comcast. Also, is the picture quality good? It just seems that there are so many cons to directv while the only pro is the ticket.

OK hugh and gang, all this DirecTv talk has sparked my interest in it again.  Does directv offer any type of internet?  I will assume no since it is a satellite, but maybe they do.  That's the biggest obstacle for me, the internet that I get along with my digital cable through comcast.  Also, is the picture quality good?  It just seems that there are so many cons to directv while the only pro is the ticket.

862026[/snapback]

They do have internet service. But they charge more than others and it is recommended only to those who are unable to get high-speed internet by another means.

OK hugh and gang, all this DirecTv talk has sparked my interest in it again.  Does directv offer any type of internet?  I will assume no since it is a satellite, but maybe they do.  That's the biggest obstacle for me, the internet that I get along with my digital cable through comcast.  Also, is the picture quality good?  It just seems that there are so many cons to directv while the only pro is the ticket.

862026[/snapback]

The internet service from Directv is a total ripoff, Big John is dead on here. It's a choice for people who live without phone service like truck drivers or RV'ers.

I had Time Warner Digital cable for a bit two years back when my new home was being built, and their picture quality sucked. The feed was bad, and the digital feed dragged on the screen. I've used Directv for 4 years total and have never regretted it. Plus with the new satellites (total of 3 now I think), I don't ever lose signal.

Get the Ticket Man!! You'll drive yourself nuts after week 1 when you miss the game with 3 fantasy players in it.