[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kyle Boller - Interesting Numbers

Big Red

Only problem is that he has no where near the talent or legs that Johnny Boy had.

861673[/snapback]

Bingo.

Well, he, uh, was taken in the first round!!! 

Yeah, I'm just hoping Boller turns out to be a good QB.  I don't expect an Elway like career out of him.  Just someone who can bring better than Dilfer performance.

The point I was trying to make was that the first two years do not define the career of a QB, or at least I hope they don't in Boller's case.

861700[/snapback]

:D Yeah, Boller was taken in the first round in a pretty poor year for QBs.

Elway was 1.1 in the best QB class in the history of the draft.

Boller will probably get significantly better, but save the comparisons to the winningest QB in history and winner of 2 SBs.

Boller has not shown much in the NFL yet that makes one think that he is a cant miss type player. IMO, this is the year that he absolutely MUST show us some significant improvement. Otherwise, Billick and the Ravens will give up on him and begin searching for his long term replacement. Boller actually has a pretty decent cast around him. He has had 3 years under Brian Billick and knows the offense. He has a defense that will keep Baltimore in games and get the ball back in his hands to give him alot of opportunities to put points on the board. I actually believe that while he will never be an Elway, he will be a serviceable qb in this league. If he is going to make it as the starter however, he has to improve in a number of areas this year. And I may be in the minority here, but I sort of think that he will....

Edited by spain

I like the setup of Clayton, Mason, Moore and Darling...Darling is the 4th on the depth chart and is sort of a wild card....Moore shoed he can make the deep catches when called upon at times last year...

not to mention Heap...can he play at least 8 games?...let alone 10?...and at what time of the season will these games will be played? :D

Boller has not shown much in the NFL yet that makes one think that he is a cant miss type player.  IMO, this is the year that he absolutely MUST show us some significant improvement.  Otherwise, Billick and the Ravens will give up on him and begin searching for his long term replacement.  Boller actually has a pretty decent cast around him.  He has had 3 years under Brian Billick and knows the offense.  He has a defense that will keep Baltimore in games and get the ball back in his hands to give him alot of opportunities to put points on the board.  I actually believe that while he will never be an Elway, he will be a serviceable qb in this league.  If he is going to make it as the starter however, he has to improve in a number of areas this year.  And I may be in the minority here, but I sort of think that he will....

863613[/snapback]

All good points. I agree.

not to mention Heap...can he play at least 8 games?...let alone 10?...and at what time of the season will these games will be played?  :D

863617[/snapback]

16 games in '02 and '03 - plus you've gotta like 152 catches and 12 tds despite an anemic passing game. IF Boller progresses as hoped in Baltimore, Heap could end up just a smidge below Gates and Gonzo production-wise.