[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most UNDERrated player

Piranha

In response to the overrated thread.

This one is a little more tricky.

Javon Walker, for one.

I don't really see him high on a lot of draft boards, after

the very impressive season he had last year.

Trent Green, ok, I know he's 35.. but as I said in a previous thread

he's playing the best football of his career right now.

Isaac Bruce, in Holt's shadow, but this guy is still good too.

Any others?

Marvin Harrison is constantly under-rated.

When discussing top WRs in the league everybody talks about Owens and Moss ... but I'd rather have Harrison then either one of those mouths on my NFL team.  Harrison gets the job done and maintains a nice low profile.

861876[/snapback]

I agree, however... I think age is becoming an issue, and the fact

that he is competing for the ball with other up and coming WRs on his team

i.e. Reggie Wayne.

That being said, he is still 3rd on my list, right behind Moss & Owens.

Steve Smith, mainly because of his injury.

But I think he bounces back nicely this year.

861922[/snapback]

That being said, I'd throw Keary Colbert out there as a name that you'll be hearing this coming season quite a bit.

Brian Griese.

He had the NFL's best completion ratio last year (69.3%). 20 TDs (tied for 14th best, and just 1 less than Bulger for comparison). 6th best QB rating last year at 97.5. 20 of his 336 passes (or 6%) were TD attempts, giving him the 5th best TD attempt ratio in the NFL last year. Only 3.6% of his passes were intercepted, which is pretty low. Oh, and he did all that only playing 11 games last year.

If he plays all 16 this year, he'll be a killer #2 QB with starter potential.

Edited by yo mama

Brian Griese.

He had the NFL's best completion ratio last year (69.3%).  20 TDs (tied for 14th best, and just 1 less than Bulger for comparison).  6th best QB rating last year at 97.5.  20 of his 336 passes (or 6%) were TD attempts, giving him the 5th best TD attempt ratio in the NFL last year.  Only 3.6% of his passes were intercepted, which is pretty low.  Oh, and he did all that only playing 11 games last year. 

862101[/snapback]

fantastic call... if he keeps his head on straight, with cadillac/pittman, an improved galloway/clayton combo... he could be very solid

fantastic call... if he keeps his head on straight, with cadillac/pittman, an improved galloway/clayton combo... he could be very solid

862138[/snapback]

And unless everyone else in your league is a stat geek, Griese can probably be had at a discount because a lot of people will just look at end of year stats. Since Griese only played those 11 games, his total stats from last year don't look all that impressive. Project them out to 16 games, however...

And unless everyone else in your league is a stat geek, Griese can probably be had at a discount because a lot of people will just look at end of year stats.  Since Griese only played those 11 games, his total stats from last year don't look all that impressive.  Project them out to 16 games, however...

862148[/snapback]

Exactly...

And while I wouldn't be doing cartwheels for him as my QB1, I'd LOVE to have him as my backup and should he start the season as we hope, he could be great trade bait or even starter.

Under rated? Sure, I will play.

We have all read this before BUT I say Jamal "I have something to prove" Lewis is under valued on many rankings lists. He should be a lock for top 10 and could once again sneak into the top 5. I have seen several top 10 lists with Lewis missing.

I am not saying he is in the LT, Alex,and Edge range

but I would take him over RB's like Rudi, Green, and Portis.

Brian Griese.

He had the NFL's best completion ratio last year (69.3%).  20 TDs (tied for 14th best, and just 1 less than Bulger for comparison).  6th best QB rating last year at 97.5.  20 of his 336 passes (or 6%) were TD attempts, giving him the 5th best TD attempt ratio in the NFL last year.  Only 3.6% of his passes were intercepted, which is pretty low.  Oh, and he did all that only playing 11 games last year. 

862101[/snapback]

Yep, that would be the guy, and in all the mock drafts I've seen, he's way down at the bottom.

Last year when All my QB's were gone for the year, our just went south, I pulled Griese off the WW and played him for half the season, and in the playoffs, which I won. He's a good QB, but no one likes him.

I'd have to say so far of what I've seen, Ahman Green has been the most underrated player. I know, their D has holes, they lost two good O-linemen, and Favre ain't gettin no younger......but Ahman doesn't have it in him two have 2 bad years in a row.

Other guys I think that have been taken way too low are the rookie RBs. Four of them will start the season as "the man" and all are very capable. Rookie RBs given carries can produce just as much fantasy wise as a veteran with the same carries.---- In every draft I have seen, 16 RBs go in the first 20 or so picks, then a barrage of WRs, QBs, & TEs get taken while these guys remain on the board. Even in keeper leagues!!! Its like everybody is scared of em'. I see big talent and big numbers.

Yep, that would be the guy, and in all the mock drafts I've seen, he's way down at the bottom.

Last year when All my QB's were gone for the year, our just went south, I pulled Griese off the WW and played him for half the season, and in the playoffs, which I won. He's a good QB, but no one likes him.

862414[/snapback]

I'd target him in drafts myself if I didn't fear the inevitable return of Chris Simms.