[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looks like The U isn't the only place for soldiers

Fatman

From Len Pasquarelli's Tip Sheet 7/1/05:

"Anybody can say, 'OK, he had a great year (in 2004), so let's see if he can do it again.' That's like trying to tell a person to go to war in Iraq, but let me see if you can go to war again and come back, and then we'll give you the Medal of Honor. You don't send a soldier out to a battlefield twice for him to (prove he is) consistent." – Green Bay wide receiver Javon Walker, who has two seasons remaining on his current contract, on whether he should have to repeat a stellar '04 performance before seeking an increase.

:D

:D I am sick of hearing any comparison of athletes to ture SOLDIERS in Iraq/any war. :D Just shut the hell up Javon you :D

Edited by BigTen

Sometimes these guys just don't think about what they say before they open their yappers. I certainly understand where Walker is coming from, but he has know the media is going to pick this part of his quote and run.

Comparing the Medal of Honor to a new contract. Javon's an A-Hole. I'm tired of this crap also. In my business I make a contract before a job is started, I don't renegotiate it because I'm doing a good job. That's what's expected from me when I'm awarded the job in the first place. You signed on the dotted line, deal with it. :D

Edited by jgcoach

In my business I make a contract before a job is started, I don't renegotiate it because I'm doing a good job. That's what's expected from me when I'm awarded the job in the first place. You signed on the dotted line, deal with it. :D

861966[/snapback]

In your business, can the person who offers the contract revoke it at their whim with no penalty whatsoever?

In your business, can the person who offers the contract revoke it at their whim with no penalty whatsoever?

861986[/snapback]

Who cares...that is not the point of this. Walker is comparing himself to individuals who put their LIFE on the line. The arguement that the owners can revoke a contract by cutting the player is BS. :D That is what signing bonuses are for. Plus, will Walker expect a pay cut if he sucks on 05? I doubt it. :D

Shut up, play well and if GB doesn't give you the money somebody else will.

BTW people get laid off all the time even if they have job contracts. Airline mechanics, teachers, etc... They are not getting HUGH signing bonuses either!!! :D