[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Okay ... I'm bored ... and this place is dead

How many leagues are you in?

For a very long time I was content with being in just 1 league, my local. Been in since 1992. Won the championship once, been to the championship game 3 times, won the toilet bowl twice.

Around 1999 I joined a mock draft here at the Huddle simply to do a dry run from my local. After the draft we decided to make it an annual league and FOFF was born. I won this the league in it's first year and again 3 years ago, lost my shot at back-to-back wins 2 years ago ... won the toilet bowl last year.

Again I was pretty content being in only 2 leagues. But early 2000's I got an invite to join some old-timer Huddlers in forming a new auction/salary cap/dynasty league. Given this was a new format for me I decided to give it a whirl, and thus the CORE was born.

Okay, okay ... three leagues is my limit. I actually turned down several intriguing offers including the inaugrual formation of the OUTRAGED league.

Then one of the owners splintered off from my local because he didn't like the fee structure and asked me to join a new (cheaper) league another of his friends was forming. What the hell, the fees are small enough I decided to do it. Lost the championship game (but in the money). The league fell apart after only 1 year ... or I wasn't invited back.

So when Hannibals approached me about replacing an owner in their league I justified it by saying it would be my replacement league for the local that folded. Last year was my first year in this league and I had a rough start, but managed to win the toilet-bowl.

So about week 2 of last season I get this note inviting me to join the Late Bloomers ... an interesting twist in that the league drafts in week 2 or 3 (can't remember which) and starts up the next week. Season has just started and I like the idea of doing another draft ... so I take the plunge into my 4th league. Draft night snafu and my team sucked.

Okay ... 5 leagues isn't that bad, right ... just no more.

Bang ... along comes the Generation leagues and I am once again intrigued by a different format ... so now it's my 6th league :D

[EDITED TO ADD] Like Big John I am also in the HCIII and have been since it's inception. [END EDIT]

Believe it or not I am now considering a 8th league ... a new dynasty/auction/salary cap league.

So for me it's SEVEN or EIGHT ... how about you?

-----

(8) Blitzkrieg - 1 local, 7 BOTH

(8) Big John

(6) twiley - 3 local, 3 BOTH

(5) Jumpin Johnies - 2 local, 3 BOTH

(5) Men in Tights

(2) Nate Dawg

(3) Avernus

(3) T-Scorp

(7) Big Country - 2 local, 5 BOTH

(8) darin3 - 2 locals, 5 BOTH

(4) Ziachild007

(4) Chief Dick - 2 local, 2 BOTH

(11) loaf - 4 locals, 4 BOTH

(4) Dr. Rock - 3 locals, 1 BOTH

(4) gilthorp - 1 local, 3 BOTH

(5) puddy - 3 local, 2 BOTH

(2) yo mama - 1 local, 1 BOTH

(15) StormChasers - 2 locals, 3 BOTH

(3) tbimm - 1 local, 1 BOTH

(7) aqualung - 2 locals, 5 BOTH

(9) slambo

(7) AtomicCEO

(6) Piranha

(2) Scourge

(3) Swampnuts

(4) Buffalo Wings

:D ... looks like I'm in more BOTH leagues than most ...

Edited by Grits and Shins

I am in 4 pay leagues and then usually one yahoo free league for fun.

I would like to increase the other total to 5 pay leagues and get into an auction/dynasty/IDP type of league since I have never played in an auction/IDP league and think that is the next step I need to take in my fantasy football career.

I've been in two local leagues for the last 12 years in one and 10 in the other. I'm looking to start/join another league that will hopefully be dynasty and possibly auction.

I've played off and on in other online leagues, but mostly off the past 4 or 5 years. Most teams I ever had at once was 4, I believe.

I've been in two local leagues for the last 12 years in one and 10 in the other.  I'm looking to start/join another league that will hopefully be dynasty and possibly auction.

I've played off and on in other online leagues, but mostly off the past 4 or 5 years.  Most teams I ever had at once was 4, I believe.

861995[/snapback]

Sixteen in the clip and one in the whole, NateDawg is about to make some bodies turn cold. :D

I run one money league and do a couple free leagues for no reason and pay little attention to them...

I find when I focus on one league, I am almost a lock to make the playoffs because I know everything that is going on within that league IE: FA pool and players on the block..

I'm in three local leagues

PFFL redraft league won 4 championships in 10 years

BFFL auction league won 4 championships in 7 years

FEON keeper league won 1 championship in 6 years

I like them all as they are each different. 3 is about my limit as it takes so much time to do it right and I have young children. Plus it sucks to cheer for and against your players depending on which league your doing well in, and who your opponent has playing against you!

My hat is off to those in 4 or more leagues.

Edited by T-Scorp

In a bunch -

Local (not really local anymore, but started that way)

DFL (I am commish)

FFL (I am commish)

BOTH Leagues:

CORE

USDA (I am co-commish)

The Faultline (sort of co-commish)

Huddled Masses (the original BOTH league, no longer hosted on site)

SMFFL (formed with group from HM, not on huddle)

I have given serious consideration to cuttign back on the number of leagues, especially since I have a son now, but everytime I say I am cuttign back, a new league with an interesting format comes up.

Been in one league for 8 years (it's been around for 15+). Pretty high stakes, great competition.

I run a small online league with friends from HS and college.

I am in an IDP online league with friends - somewhat high stakes, good competition.

My first foray into BOTH leagues has me in ConFusion, after I took over for someone; a new league for California Huddlers; I decided to join Good vs. Evil; and as a result of one Huddle mock draft, am in yet another. And just added the IBL...

So, 8. :D

Edited by darin3

4 for me.............right now!!! But working on getting a new 16 team dynasty up and going with a bunch of the guys here in the Huddle.

12 Men in the Huddle - BOTH

WDDL - 12 team IDP dynasty

UFFL - local 12 team performance 2 player keeper

DWII - 16 team IDP

Also, last year did FFTOC and a free yaho league. I think I will try and keep it below 6 for the near future though.

I'm in 4.

1. My local league, which comprises 12 guys who have known each other almost 15 years. The league has been in existence for about 8. Performance, redraft, play all 16 weeks. One division, and we pay out for top 3 places. A very good league in that every year almost 75% of the teams have a chance at some money at the end of the year.

2. Keeper league. Local league I was invited to by KSU2000. A bunch of his college buddies, and I was a fill in for the last place at the time. A great group of guys, and we've been in existence I think for 4 years.

3. 32Homers. BOTH league, and took over the Chiefs after muck got busy with his new company. Very unique format, and very fun. The draft is interesting with 32 teams, but highly entertaining.

4. Late Bloomers. Another BOTH league, started last year with the draft taking place after 2 weeks have been played of the regular season. Pretty interesting concept. I won it last year.

That's it. I have never won my local redraft, but have won the keeper league once and won Late Bloomers last year. Have finished in the money in 32 Homers, and lost in the conferance finals last year. I also won a championship in a now defunct local league, so I've had some good years overall.

The friendships I have gained and maintained have been well worth any money I would ever lose at FF.

Tier 1 - Locals

1. The League I Commish and formed (Champ last Season :D )

2. The League I joined in '94 with some fraternity brothers (first League I was in came in second that year, not bad for a Rookie)

3. Recruited for another League of fraternity brothers that I joined last Season

4. Office League (only costs $10 and full of Rooks but seeing each other every Monday makes it worth it)

Tier 2 - Huddle Leagues

5. 32 Homers - most of you should know what that is by now

6. For Bragging Rights Only (FBRO, headed up by Meat Face)

7. Weapons of DMD II (16 Team League that I haven't heard anything about so far this Season :D )

8. Wizards is starting a Huddle League on Fox this Season - JOIN NOW! (12 Teams, I believe 6 are still needed)

Tier 3 - Free Leagues

Generally I join a few Yahoo/Fox free Leagues mostly for the Mock draft aspect but I'll continue to manage the team...

Forgot about the League I'm in made up of people from the diecast collecting world. Some heavyweights from Mattel and other companies are involved...

Edited by loaf

#1. Main league, that got me into FF. Since 1999 - 5 man keeper league, $100 entry.

#2. BOTH 32 Homers - I love this league, great group of owners and very unique.

#3. Company league. I owned those suckas last year.

#4. Brother's league. Won that too!

Local serpentine - since '92.

Local auction/keeper - third year coming up - won the first year, lost in SB last year

Local dynasty supposed to start this year with Herdmaster :D

FFTOC last year - will be replaced with MVP Challenge

Initially was in Good v. Evil but dropped out when the waiting list included Huddlers who are more politically inclined than me.

Second on the waiting list for Prime Time (two of you want to drop out?)

I am not going to go into long explanations of the leagues I am in as there are just too darn many:

Local Leagues

1. Wayne's World - A 12 team semi keeper league that started 12 years ago.

2. TFFL - Met a guy here at the Huddle and joined his local 12 team league. I think they are entering their 18th or 19th year. This is a re-draft league

BOTH Leagues

1. PAFFL - Philly area league made up of local Huddlers. Soaring Eagle and I started this 12 team semi-keeper league which is entering its 5th year.

2. F-OFF - Joined this 12 team league last year and compete against Blitz and other Huddlers. This too is a partial keeper league.

3. Poles n Holes 2 - 12 Team Dynasty IDP league entering its second year of play.

Other Leagues

1. Interboard Challenge - 60 Team league consisting of 12 members from 5 different boards. I am 1 of 12 owners who represent The Huddle in this league.

2. Trench Warfare - 24 team Dynasty IDP League entering its 5th year. This is one league not a league split into 2. This leaue is comprised of alot of the old HUddlers.

3. Ironman 3 - 14 Team IDP Dynasty league competing against very knowledgable FFers including Mike MacGregor of FBG.

4. Perfect Vision - A brand new 20 Team IDP Dynasty league made up of heavy posters on many of the boards.

5. Game Breakers - A Brand new 14 team IDP Dynasty league made up of heavy posters on many of the baords.

6. Bound for Glory - A 12 team IDP Dynasty league entering its 3rd year. Led by the same Huddler who is leading the Huddle team in Interboard Challenge.

7. Zealots 2 - A 12 team IDP league where I joined after the team was drafted. This is my 3rd year since taking over this team.

8. APFFL - A 12 Team IDP Dynasty league where I took over for a team that left.

9. EDFFL - A 10 team IDP Dynasty league where I took over for a team that left this year. I am in too many leagues when I didn't pay attention to the fact that there are 10 teams. I don't really like them as there isn't much skill involved.

10. Have just been invited to join a Live draft league in the DC area. Partial keeper with 12 teams. Thinking about whether its worth the 3 hour drive to join.

Only a couple of leagues. Not as bad as I thought. :D

Only 3 for me.

The local . Grits bar keeper league.

The BOTH. Good vs. Evil

The family league. Finfrock family football

I was in 5 last year and it was hard to put the required time into each team. I also enjoy rooting for my players and found myself too many times trying to decide whether to root for or against a player. The clincher for the cutback was that I joined another Dart league and this is a really tough league and requires me putting in a bunch of practice time which takes away my waiver wire time to a certain extent.

BOTH - Faultline

Commish my local and an ongoing online league.

Played in Weapons of DMD II last year, was fun, waiting to see if Weapons of DMD III spawns.

Counting the other leagues I play in it'll be 8-10 total by the time the season starts.

I swore I was going to cut down... but that just didn't work out.

Fusion - BOTH league, also... the best league in the world.

AGFFL - College buddies.

FRTFL - Colorado local (with Rhino, Bier, Az...).

USUK - More college buddies, free Yahoo crapper league

Huddle Challenge - Huge huddle contest. I beat 31 people in this last year. :D

New this year

MSUS - A free league with current and former employees.

Good v. Evil - Tailgate political rivals league. Share the love.

Sooo... 7. My wife is looking over my shoulder and said... "You're in how many leagues now??" :D

EDIT: Oh yeah... and I join the survivor contest every year, but luckily that only takes up a few weeks of my time... :D

Edited by AtomicCEO