[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do I do?

doubleD

You know you're doing this just to fit in your new enviroment. :D Don't do it. You'll turn into a closet Vikes fan and lose your real identity.:D Sunday will pop around and your new friends will sit there watching the Packers and all the while they're wondering about the bad bladder you say you've got because every ten seconds you'll be going to the bathroom but, in reality you've got a TV in there recording the Vikes game and you need to get a glimpse. :D

I have no problem with people rooting for their local teams, but NEVER EVER drop your primary team!  Real men don't abandon their teams.

I pull for the Panthers because I live here in Charlotte, but I will never abandon my beloved and perpetually misguided Seahawks.

Plus, it's gotta be fun being a Vikings fan in Wisconsin.  Trade in your thingie with the Vikes if you make the switch.

863153[/snapback]

What do you do when your team drops you? The evil witch, Georgia, to use the family analogy, divorced all of us SoCal fans ... or closer to her history, just killed us off. Yeah, we know, it was an accident.

Stay a Vikings fan...at least until they move to Los Angeles.  Then you can jump ship and put one of those stupid cheese things on your head.

863458[/snapback]

Why is everyone saying this ... aaagh ... don't send them here! We don't need them.

Oh, to the point though, what should you do? Ask yourself "Why am I going from one sorry place to another? Start looking for jobs in Southern California, where the real teams and fans are ... leave that forsaken wasteland of the north, and come to the sun! :D

Oh, and change your Huddle "From" location. :D

I say stick with your team through thick and thin. Even considering a change of team loyalty is something I would never consider regardless of where I am currently living.

I stuck by the Steelers through the 80's when they stunk and through the :cough: Kordell Stewart :cough: era eventhough it was painful to watch.

If you stuck by the Vikings for the last 27 years and haven't jumped ship why start now. As stated before I agree that if you are considering changing teams then you were never a true Vikings fan.

Perhaps you should jump ship every year then. Go buy a jersey for each team in the nfl and where the jersey of the team that is on top at that time. :D

If you jump ship and dump the Vikings after 27 years make sure you get your :D for when you go back to visit MN.

Edited by max

Good riddance.  Have you ever even been to Green Bay?  A main reason why they love their team so much is because there is NOTHING to do there, besides eat cheese and talk to fat women about their bratwurst eating habits.  Enjoy...and realize once you turn, there is no turning back.  If you were a real Vikings fan, you would have enough hatred of GB to realize that there is absolutely no way to turn to the Fudge Packers side.  Not ever.

863220[/snapback]

:D

Just got back from there visiting family.

Only a blind-ass Vikings fan who was never in GB would say that. :D

Typically, I cant abide traitors.  Benedict Arnold, The Rosenbergs, Jonathan Pollard, Aldrich Ames, John Kerry.  Traitors all who deserve nothing but our scorn and derision.  But your case is a little different.  I really  cant say that I would blame you for dropping the Viqueens like a hot rock.  This moribund franchise should have been moved to Los Angeles years ago.  Maybe then they could find a fan or two that actually cares about the team.  And maybe just maybe, they could get over their Packer Envy...

862595[/snapback]

Just got back from there visiting family.

Only a blind-ass Vikings fan who was never in GB would say that. :D

864496[/snapback]

Sorry Big John.....GB sucks and Wisconsin in general sucks. I have been to GB, the only thing to do there is go to Lambeau. It is an impressive place, I'll give you that. Lambeau is about 100 times better than the Dome.

And yes, I know its obvious.....but I am a blind-ass Vikings fan, so I guess the opinions I spit out are expected.

Edited by pedroz13

It's skol, not skoal.  Any true Vikings' fan knows that.  Heck, I'm not even a Biqueens' fan and I know it. 

I doubt they'll miss you.

863069[/snapback]

Whatever, since when is spelling ability the measure of a fan. Anyway, I'm not switching, I was basically wondering how people decide to make that leap. I'm in three fantasy leagues, I have season tickets, and never miss a game on TV or in person, and have been suffering with the Vikes since I was born. I got no pleasure out of the Packers success. It was just a topic for discussion, but I knew this was coming. My main point way that its refreshing to live around fans like these. Way to judge.

I haved lived in MN for 27 years, all of my life. I recently moved to WI (where most of my family lives); as a football fan it is refreshing to see how everyone is behind their football team. It's so different. Even though the Vikings prospects look better, it is tempting to join the dark side since they have such a passion for their team over here. Is it even an option to betray the team you've loved for so long?

862573[/snapback]

unbelievable you are even thinking this...... allegance to one's team almost always overrides FF, let alone, just a move to another town... i imagine if you moved to dallas you'd become a grils' fan and magically start thinking that emmitt was the best back ever......

i say we give you a mulligan and make believe you never brought this up.

unbelievable you are even thinking this...... allegance to one's team almost always overrides FF, let alone, just a move to another town... i imagine if you moved to dallas you'd become a grils' fan and magically start thinking that emmitt was the best back ever......

i say we give you a mulligan and make believe you never brought this up.

864591[/snapback]

I'll take that mulligan, by the way, I was drinking ween I wrote that, so I think I deserve the mulligan. After reading those responses I feel like I've been violated. Sorry Vikings fans, can I stay? :D

for a little perspective:

i am from SF. a life long 49er fan (don't think iforgot about AC ...grumble...grumble). i moved to colorado 4 years ago.....would have been very EASY to become a donkey fan (especially last year).

nope... you have to ride the waves. 49ers might become a threat again in another decade or so :D:D but it doesn't make me follow them less.

I haved lived in MN for 27 years, all of my life. I recently moved to WI (where most of my family lives); as a football fan it is refreshing to see how everyone is behind their football team. It's so different. Even though the Vikings prospects look better, it is tempting to join the dark side since they have such a passion for their team over here. Is it even an option to betray the team you've loved for so long?

862573[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D THIS IS NOT AN OPTION!!!! Just sit there in Wisconsin and hate them just like I did when I lived in that trailer park they call a state :D:D:D

I'll take that mulligan, by the way, I was drinking ween I wrote that, so I think I deserve the mulligan. After reading those responses I feel like I've been violated. Sorry Vikings fans, can I stay?  :D

864596[/snapback]

You had us at "I was drinking ween I wrote that". That explains it, and welcome back. No more drinking while pondering why on earth anyone lives in GB.

862573[/snapback]

If you even considering changing colors you were never a viking fan to begin with. I grew up in LaCrosse as a hardcore viking fan...... and lived the pain for years. there was never even a glimpse of a thought that I'd change allegiance and don the putrid puke yellow & green of the cheesedicks.

I'll take that mulligan, by the way, I was drinking ween I wrote that, so I think I deserve the mulligan. After reading those responses I feel like I've been violated. Sorry Vikings fans, can I stay?  :D

864596[/snapback]

Ahh...drinking. Well that explains it.

864596[/snapback]

:D:D:D

In case you change your mind again :D

864596[/snapback]

Ok, we will let you stay, just don't let it happen again. :D Switching teams is one thing, but even considering switching to one of the most hated rivals would be like wishing death on yourself.