[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Teams Chances This Year

Chief Dick

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read all the above and everyone is the optimist.  I will be the first to admit I am biassed for the Cowboys and against all other NFC East teams.  Having that said, I am sick and tired about hearing how Gibbs will bring this team back to the playoffs this year.  Gibbs is a coach and he needs players.  The Redskins' defense will start to crumble this year. Hell, their secondary is already a disaster and they haven't even suffered a training camp injury yet.  Please do not try and convince others the Redskins are a playoff team because Gibbs won a superbowl 20 years ago.

Eventually all top teams come back to the pack, it is the way of the NFL. So, spare me the talk of the Eagles going to the Superbowl.  They had their run and did not accomplish anything  but some division titles.  I do not know what will be their ruin this year, but I bet they will "back in" for a wildcard at best.  Owens is a huge distractor and if he holds out the Eagles will suffer.

The Cowboys look exactly like one of those teams that come out of nowhere every year.  The injuries decimated the group last year.  Those players will be back.  They improved vastly through the free agency.  Most football diehards will agree you must have very good offensive and defensive lines to make it anywhere in the NFL.  The Cowboys will have one of the best offensive lines in the league and have an outstanding rotation on the defensive line through the free agent and draft additions.  They have shored up their achilles heel of last year by getting good playmakers in the defensive backfield.

Their 6-10 record of last year was really misleading.  Five of those losses came after taking a lead into the 4th qtr.  Usually Parcells is money when this happens, but he did not have the horses on defense to keep the lead.  Now he does.  I see Cowboys turning in a 10-6 record and hosting a Wild card game this year.

HITR

863615[/snapback]

I'm going to go ahead and assume you like Dallas.

One question I have about that team: Vinnie, Drew or Drew? If you merged the three together, that guy would be fabulous. But none of them are much more than caretakers IMO.

And I'm a diehard skins fan too (at least I was before Snyder came to town). I hope they do well, but I don't see it happening.

863288[/snapback]

I really root for the redskins.  No lie.

863804[/snapback]

Sorry, but I have some doubts about your sincerity here. Die hard fans live through thick and thin... good owners and bad.... good teams and bad. As a fan since the 50's I can say I have seen it all and have stuck with them no matter who has come to town.

Sorry, but I have some doubts about your sincerity here. Die hard fans live through thick and thin... good owners and bad.... good teams and bad. As a fan since the 50's I can say I have seen it all and have stuck with them no matter who has come to town.

863812[/snapback]

Well, I still root for them until it becomes clear they aren't making the playoffs, and then I root for them to lose so they can have a good draft pick.

But it is hard to really love your team the same way when you disagree with their front office on almost every single contract they sign. I feel like saying "I told you so" to Cerrato and Snyder, because I knew they were going to mess their cap up.

Well, I still root for them until it becomes clear they aren't making the playoffs, and then I root for them to lose so they can have a good draft pick.

But it is hard to really love your team the same way when you disagree with their front office on almost every single contract they sign.  I feel like saying "I told you so" to Cerrato and Snyder, because I knew they were going to mess their cap up.

864025[/snapback]

Fans dont root for their teams to lose for draft picks. And while I think they need a real GM and think the Snyder-Cerrato duo silly, I stil cant root against them. I dont think yer a Redskins fan. I root for the Dallas Cowbots against the Eagles and then I root for both to lose.

I guess Im sort of a Dallas fan. :D

Edited by skins

:D  5-7 less points on defense?!?  Yer on the goofy juice.

The Dallas defense wont be anywhere near as good as the Redskins D. Dallas may be top 15 and Washington will be top 5.

863464[/snapback]

You misunderstood ...

Dallas will allow 5-7 points less this year than Dallas allowed last year.

Carolina Panthers

The main thing is the team is healthy pre-camp, and if they stay healthy through TC and PS, then it should be back to Panther Football for 05.

The draft was again better than average, and I really feel positive about Shelton in the 2nd round. He will help the running game depth and talent wise.

The Defense is set to become the #1 D in the leauge, a shoe in top 3 team this year at the least, but I think the will claim the #1 spot this year. FA and the draft really(on paper as of now) should have filled the holes.

The Offense should be be well balanced this year, but the Cats will strecth the feild more this year I feel. It should be able to milk the clock or get big chunks of yardage. Smith should be back, as the chip on the shoulder may be bigger due to the fact that he wants to show the leauge "he's back". Smith is one of the top playmakers in the leauge, and should allow Colbert to really excell this year, and Freddie Jones may have a decent year. The running game with the addition of Shelton will be brutal-with or without Davis. The O-Line looks to be fixed(on paper) as the Defensive backfeild is as well.

Coach Fox is a great motivator, and will use last year as an example of what can happen and does in the NFL, and the passing of Sam Mills and the illness once again of Mark Feilds will rally the team even more.

The Panthers will finish 12-4 or 11-5, get over the Vick hump, win the NFC South, and then hoist their 2nd NFC Championship trophy in Philly, then their first Lombardi Trophy in Detroit.

Packers

Offense-

I beleive Walker will pull his head out of his  :D & Green will rebound from poor season. Despite changing 2 guards I think this unit will be explosive  :D

Defense-

:D I think there offense will be explosive  :D

863279[/snapback]

7-9

The Packers did nothing to help themselves in freeagency nor immediately in the draft, while the divisional opponents did a lot. They still have some talent left on offense to get some wins, but will not have enough. :D

The Panthers will finish 12-4 or 11-5, get over the Vick hump, win the NFC South, and then hoist their 2nd NFC Championship trophy in Philly, then their first Lombardi Trophy in Detroit.

864314[/snapback]

LOL.. Dude, they will be watching for the juice this season. No way they do what they did 2 years ago..

Fans dont root for their teams to lose for draft picks. And while I think they need a real GM and think the Snyder-Cerrato duo silly, I stil cant root against them. I dont think yer a Redskins fan.

864184[/snapback]

Hear hear!

You misunderstood ...

Dallas will allow 5-7 points less this year than Dallas allowed last year.

864280[/snapback]

I understood. I dont think it will happen. Allowing a td less a game is a huge accomplishment and I dont see them improving that much. But I could be wrong.

Who Dey!!!!

The Bengals are getting close. Carson,Rudi, and Chad are becoming a poor man's Triplets. The o-line is solid and with the defensive upgrades from Georgia I expect a wildcard birth. The big question is the db's. MARVIN PLEASE DRAFT A SHUTDOWN CORNER.....10-6 but happy Bengal fans.

Did i just compare the Bengal offense to the Colts???? I think I did believe it.

Think Bengals in "06" Division Champs. :D

Fans dont root for their teams to lose for draft picks. And while I think they need a real GM and think the Snyder-Cerrato duo silly, I stil cant root against them. I dont think yer a Redskins fan. I root for the Dallas Cowbots against the Eagles and then I root for both to lose.

I guess Im sort of a Dallas fan.  :D

864184[/snapback]

Dude, how can you tell me I'm not a fan?? I've been rooting for these guys my entire life. And doesn't it make sense to root for them to lose once they are out of it to get a good draft pick??? I think it does.

I don't know what your problem is, challenging my level of fandom for the skins. But it is pretty obnoxious and stupid IMO.

Things are loooking horrible for my team, the Packers...(cough cough)

The team did nothing to improve itself defensively and Walker and Favre are bickering...

I predict a 3-13 season for (ahem cough) my Packers...

:D

864833[/snapback]

:D

AG is a Vikings fan :D

863812[/snapback]

But it is hard to really love your team the same way when you disagree with their front office on almost every single contract they sign.  I feel like saying "I told you so" to Cerrato and Snyder, because I knew they were going to mess their cap up.

864025[/snapback]

I guess Im sort of a Dallas fan.  :D

864184[/snapback]

Hear hear!

864515[/snapback]

Dude, how can you tell me I'm not a fan??  I've been rooting for these guys my entire life.  And doesn't it make sense to root for them to lose once they are out of it to get a good draft pick??? I think it does.

I don't know what your problem is, challenging my level of fandom for the skins.  But it is pretty obnoxious and stupid IMO.

864662[/snapback]

You may think its obnoxious and stupid to "challenge" yer level of fandom but yer the one who said you werent really a fan, dummy. You said you were a fan until Snyder came to town and skylive called you on it. I did also.

I have been a fan my entire life and I have never considered rooting against my team. It is only my opinion, of course, but a fan never roots for his team to lose for a draft pick. Under that line of reasoning, you should hope yer team goes 0-16 before the season starts so they can be guaranteed the 1st pick. That would be awesome!! :D

Further, yer level of knowledge of the redskins situation is pretty bad. You have still failed to answer my question about why you think Taylor wont play this year. That is just silly to include in an analysis of how the Redskins will do because there cannot be a trial until next year. How could he not play this year? What did you base that conclusion on?

Finally, when you call someone a homer for a team yer saying wont do well, the implication is that yer not a homer for that team. So, yes, I am a Redskins homer and fan, and you are not a Redskins homer and fan.

Maybe I should re-phrase the question: who is your favorite NFL team?

Boy foreskins, he's got your number already... :D

864815[/snapback]

Keep the backbencher chatter down please. :D If we need second stringers we'll call you.

Edited by skins

:D Ill just sip this coffee and watch the skins fans fight amongst themselves..

Edited by whomper

You have still failed to answer my question about why you think Taylor wont play this year. That is just silly to include in an analysis of how the Redskins will do because there cannot be a trial until next year. How could he not play this year? What did you base that conclusion on?

864934[/snapback]

No trying to jump in here and step on anyones toes, but just an FYI skins......

Taylor's case, as it stands right now, would be heard this year.

However, my understanding is that as soon as the trial date is actually set, Taylor's Attorney will immediately request a continuance, effectively delaying Taylor's trial until after the season is over. The presiding Judge would have to grant the continuance of course, but that's pretty much just a formality, from what I gather.

Everything I've read on the subject, indicates that a request for a continuance from Taylor's Attorney, is at about an 95+% chance of being quickly granted.

Maybe Chessmaster was unware that a continuance for Taylor's trial will be requested and in all likelihood granted?

OK guys.....carry on with the Skin fan fight :D

No trying to jump in here and step on anyones toes, but just an FYI skins......

Taylor's case, as it stands right now, would be heard this year.

However, my understanding is that as soon as the trial date is actually set, Taylor's Attorney will immediately request a continuance, effectively delaying Taylor's trial until after the season is over. The presiding Judge would have to grant the continuance of course, but that's pretty much just a formality, from what I gather.

Everything I've read on the subject, indicates that a request for a continuance from Taylor's Attorney, is at about an 95+% chance of being quickly granted.

Maybe Chessmaster was unware that a continuance for Taylor's trial will be requested and in all likelihood granted?

OK guys.....carry on with the Skin fan fight :D

865330[/snapback]

He wasnt but I was. :D

I understood. I dont think it will happen. Allowing a td less a game is a huge accomplishment and I dont see them improving that much. But I could be wrong.

864570[/snapback]

They got almost 9pts/game worse from 2003 to 2004 so I don't see any reason why they can't improve by 5-7 points.

To those of you that have commented on the Redskins, I have this to say: you are dead wrong.

No way the defense repeats this year.  Their big playmaker from last year is gone (Antonio Pierce) and his replacements aren't nearly as good.  They've lost Smoot and likely Sean Taylor as well.  They'll finish with a defense ranked between 15 and 20, I bet.

The offense will marginally improve from last year, but not by alot.  I think Coles is better than S. Moss, and Gardner (who will be released) is better than David Patten or Jacobs, whoever they put in there.  The running game will be better, and Ramsey in there for the whole season should help (Brunell sucked), but it won't help enough.

The best they can finish, in my mind, is 8-8.  Their likely finish will be 6-10 again.

And I'm a diehard skins fan too (at least I was before Snyder came to town). I hope they do well, but I don't see it happening.

863288[/snapback]

I hope your wrong. That could be a good chance when you make comments like Gardner is better than David Patten or Jacobs. You must not watch to many Skins games. The man is a turd. A turd that can't catch. 

They got almost 9pts/game worse from 2003 to 2004 so I don't see any reason why they can't improve by 5-7 points.

865385[/snapback]

Im not saying its impossible--I just dont think its likely. But that kind of improvement isnt maintainable. At that rate in 2007 they'll be giving up 0 points and the defense will be scoring 2 tds a game. :D