[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Vikings are not going to win the NFC North

:D to myself: "Why am I responding to a post from MikesVikes?" Oh, well...here goes.

Stop talking about us losing Rivera and Wahle. Nobody knew their names when they were drafted; they were developed by our outstanding O-line coach, Larry Beightol. In case you haven't noticed, we also lost Adam Timmerman a while ago and we seemed to do all right afterward. Green Bay has been an O-line factory for a long time and there's no reason to think that's going to stop. Just because you haven't heard of Ruegamer, Barry, or Wells, doesn't mean they're not talented.

Javon Walker isn't going to miss any games. I've listened to just about everything he's said since he began skipping OTAs and nothing has led me to believe that he's even going to miss training camp.

Finally, Favre hasn't been sitting on the couch, eating chips, and drinking beer. He's been working out more than he has in several years, he's dropped weight, and gained strength. Everyone who's seen him has said he's in better shape now than he has been since the mid-90s.

Get a clue.

864422[/snapback]

Get a clue? Favre lambasted his teammates while he, himself, wasn't anywhere near the Packers playing field. Favre was excused and for good reason. Does Favre have anything to do with Bubba or Walker's contract? I don't think so. Would another player resent Favre calling them out like this? Of course they would.

Why would you write this crappy post if it weren't to have a few Viking fans responding? If the reason for this post is because it is truly what you believe (I don't think so), than it isn't me that needs a clue.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not talking about beer bellies on 85 year olds that drive around in hippy busses ya know.  :D

864180[/snapback]

:D And that bus will be passing by your way next year..... make sure you don't fall under it. :D

:D And that bus will be passing by your way next year..... make sure you don't fall under it. :D

864479[/snapback]

And steer clear of those mud puddles won't you? :D Just make sure you get plenty of sleep before you hit the state line.

I'm not going to take the time to read this really long post, but it smells like a lot of anti-MN jealousy just because MN finally spent money on defense while GB did NOTHING productive in the off-season. Javon stop crying for money yet? How about Bubba? Favre show up to any team activities yet?

I won't create a post as to why GB won't win the NFC North. There's no reason to state the obvious.

Every year for the last 10 or so, people claim the Vikes D "is going to be better this year." It's getting old. So are the free agents they signed on defense this year. I'm a Vikings fan but I don't see a big improvement.

:D

And don't forget Minnesota has a ticket scalping dufus coaching the team.  Finally someone in the division that makes Wayne Fontes look like a genius.

864213[/snapback]

This is biggest hurrdle, IMO. Objectively, Minnesota had one of the best, if not THE best, offseasons of any team in the league. And, objectively, they have one of the worst, if not THE worst, head coach in the league. We'll never know if anyone else could have done better, but the fact is that Tice was the coach who couldn't handle Randy Moss and was forced to trade away the most dominant player in the league. Factor in the last season collapses and the ticket scalping, and you've got a turd. The playoff victory last year was obviously a big accomplishment, but now that penny-pinching McCombs is gone you'd have to bet that anything short of the SB will have Zyg coach shopping next year. I can see why Vikes fans are excited, and justifiably so, but I know in the back of their minds they'll be waiting for Tice to muck it all up. I would be.

The North will be a craphoot. The Vikes look like they can be great, but they've got the Meathead. The O-Line turnover in GB is way over-hyped, but the defensive critiques are basically spot on. The Bears may be building something, but that offense is still a couple of years away. If QB play doesn't sink them, I think Mooch may have something in Detroit.

Detroit 10-6

GB 8-8

Minn 8-8

Chi 5-11

And, objectively, they have one of the worst, if not THE worst, head coach in the league.  We'll never know if anyone else could have done better, but the fact is that Tice was the coach who couldn't handle Randy Moss and was forced to trade away the most dominant player in the league.  Factor in the last season collapses and the ticket scalping, and you've got a turd. 

864825[/snapback]

*cough* Mike Sherman *cough* :D

Detroit is a weird squad. They have talent on the offensive side of the ball...if Harrington doesn't get it together this season he'll need that piano playing skill as he will be unemployed. He'd be a great lounge lizard.

Joey as a pianist:

"You are wonderful...thanks...great crowd here at the Dew Drop Inn. Marvelous. Really. Try the milk...tip your wait staff."

Edited by Ruffian

And don't forget Minnesota has a ticket scalping dufus coaching the team.  Finally someone in the division that makes Wayne Fontes look like a genius.

864213[/snapback]

Well said. :D

The thing with Tice is that he's not what anyone is looking for as a game day sort of coach, but he seems to have a connection with the players; probably his main failing is surrounding himself with some sub-par support staff. I find it tough to hold him accountable for the Moss debacle - I think ol' Randy Boy has proven that if you give him enough rope, he'll hang himself, you, and anyone who is in the immediate vicinity.

Tice seems like the sort of guy who might have needed a bit more seasoning before getting his shot as head man.

Anyway, just to stick my neck out:

Vikes 11-5

GB 9-7

Det 7-9

Chi 5-11

*cough* Mike Sherman *cough*  :D

864845[/snapback]

Hm, let's see - in 3 years and change with "the best player in the league" Randy Moss, Tice had one winning season and zero division titles.

In the same 3 year span with a shoddy defense and a washed up, interception-prone QB, Mike Sherman has 3 division titles and and about a .667 winning pct.

I guess the numbers say that Tice is better. :D:D:D

Hm, let's see - in 3 years and change with "the best player in the league" Randy Moss, Tice had one winning season and zero division titles.

In the same 3 year span with a shoddy defense and a washed up, interception-prone QB, Mike Sherman has 3 division titles and and about a .667 winning pct.

I guess the numbers say that Tice is better.  :D  :D  :D

869284[/snapback]

Division titles ain't worth shat when you constantly choke in the playoffs.

2004 Season, Week 14

4th Quarter

Seattle - 27

Minnesota - 23

Randy: "Hey, honkey. Want me to go catch a TD and win the game to protect your job?"

Tice: "Nah, you're the best wide receiver in the NFL. Why don't you give Culpepper a rest and go throw an interception in the end zone so I can look like an idiot on NFL Primetime later? You know how to throw a ball right? I mean, you're black."

:doah:

Edited by budlitebrad

2004 Season, Week 14

4th Quarter

Seattle - 27

Minnesota - 23

Randy: "Hey, honkey. Want me to go catch a TD and win the game to protect your job?"

Tice: "Nah, you're the best wide receiver in the NFL. Why don't you give Culpepper a rest and go throw an interception in the end zone so I can look like an idiot on NFL Primetime later? You know how to throw a ball right? I mean, you're black."

:doah:

869406[/snapback]

Get your fact straight...... that was Linehans call. AND Randy should have run the ball or thrown it out of bounce. I concur that Tice is not a good coach but Linehan was a joke. He couldn't adjust after the half. Yes, I'm sure Packer fans think he is great after last year but anybody could torch the Packers secondary last year. He will not have success in Miami. Maybe Cheezhead's man love for him can get him a job in GB? :D

As far as GB having a great offensive line...why did Green have such a crappy year running the ball last year? And what do you expect out of the GB running backs this year? Can Green or Davenpoop be a top 10 RB behind the new line?

I think the North is totally up for grabs this year. GB is the defending champ but they are on the way down and the other three teams are on the way up. The Vikings look like they have the team to win it and the win over the Pack in Lambeau during the playoffs bodes well. However, we do have a new offense with Loney and no Moss. I don't have lofty expectations of the Vikings but I don't have hugh expectations of any to the North teams. It kinda reminds me of the NFC West last year. SF was the only team that just sucked. AZ, St Louis, and Seattle all had a chance to win it but nobody stood out. The North is going to be won by the team that stays healthiest and wins the most games against each other. (I know that is not earth shattering but again I do not see a 12-4 team in the bunch. Each team has issues and nobody is going to challenge Philly or Atlanta for a trip to the conference title. They are all at least 2 years away.) No predictions yet but I see 9-7 winning the division this year. I guess that is a prediction :D

What was Tice doing when he heard the call come in?  Sharpening his pencil?  :D

869651[/snapback]

Again, Tice is not a good coach. My point was more to Cheezheads man love for Linehan and his play calling. It's the O'cord's job to call the play not the head coaches. :D

Division titles ain't worth shat when you constantly choke in the playoffs.

869399[/snapback]

At least GB gets the chance to choke in the playoffs under Sherman. :D

As far as GB having a great offensive line...why did Green have such a crappy year running the ball last year?  And what do you expect out of the GB running backs this year?  Can Green or Davenpoop be a top 10 RB behind the new line?

869629[/snapback]

:D 4th in total offense, 10th in rushing, 4.33 ypc (4.5 by Green) = "crappy"?

FedEx some of what yer smokin', please. I'm not calling it dominant, but it isn't by any means "crappy."