[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best NFL game you have ever watched LIVE!

Undefeated72

For me the best game I ever went to was the Dolphins vs the Chargers in the Playoffs back in the 80's. It was at the Orange Bowl and the game went 6 quarters...Unfourtuanately my team The Dolphins lost....However my team dosen't always have to win in order to be a great game....A great game to me is when both teams give their all...

TV game is tough...One that comes to mind is when Houston came back from like a 35 point defecit against Buffalo....

Edited by Nick Saban

Hmmm. Actually sitting in the stands, I saw the Indy at KC play-off game a couple years ago. Manning was on fire and in complete control. No punts. Plus, there's nothing like being in an opposing stadium and pulling off the upset. Especially in the play-offs.

Then, last year, I watched Manning throw TD 49 at home vs. the Chargers. Very memorable, especially since it was the winning TD AND set an NFL record. I'd say that is my favorite. Other games I've been too that are memorable include the Colts first play-off win in Indy over Denver in '03, the 0-10 Colts upset of defending champs Green Bay in '97, beating Denver again in '03 play-offs after the "soft" comment, the Colts comeback against Dallas in '99, the Colt win against Denver in the snow in '02 where Vandy had back to back 50+ yarders to put the game in OT and another to win.

On TV, its harder. Buffalo's miracle comeback and the Music City Miracle come to mind. . . T.O.'s catch against Green Bay in the play-offs, the Colts '99 win in Miami to pretty much clinch the AFC East. . .Colts comeback over TB on MNF in '02. . .Roger Craig's fumble in the NFC Championship game against the Giants

Edited by CaptainHook

Guest Sores

Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve), 1995, the Packers clinched their first of three straight division titles under Mike Holmgren, with a 24-19 win. Green Bay won on a defensive stand in the closing minutes. In another O'Donnell-Shurmur matchup, Green Bay dramatically stopped Pittsburgh on the first three goal-to-go snaps. The Steelers, though, caught a break on fourth down when a defender slipped, but Yancey Thigpen dropped O'Donnell's would-be game-winning touchdown pass.

It was cold. Bitter cold. But when Thigpen dropped that pass, the world was a warm and beautiful place.

The CAR/STL playoff game two years ago that went into OT was pretty exciting. My girlfriend (who can barely tell the difference between a football and a foot locker........but loves those $100 NFL spamshirts) even got into it.

Easy - Emmitt SMith breaking the all-time rushing record of Walter Payton, thereby becoming the unquestioned best RB in the history of the NFL.

And to think it happened to America's team too - it's like our whole country experienced the joy :D

The CAR/STL playoff game two years ago that went into OT was pretty exciting. My girlfriend (who can barely tell the difference between a football and a foot locker........but loves those $100 NFL spamshirts) even got into it.

863899[/snapback]

Yes, that was a good game. I watched that in a sports bar after driving all day to get to KC for the Colts game. Nothing but Chiefs and Rams fans in Missouri, and we actually drove thru St. Louis earlier. We listened to local Rams radio on the way and the local radio guys didn't think it was even possible for STL to lose that game. Both the Show-Me State teams got shown the door that weekend. . .KC fans are great though. They let us tailgate with them before the game, giving us beer and grilled shrimp. Everyone was super nice except the drunk guys who threw a beer at me on the way out of the stadium for wearing my Colts gear.

Edited by CaptainHook

Easy - Emmitt SMith breaking the all-time rushing record of Walter Payton, thereby becoming the unquestioned best RB in the history of the NFL.

And to think it happened to America's team too - it's like our whole country experienced the joy  :D

863905[/snapback]

Listen, I truly like you...you're ok :D , but you gotta stop with this b.s. argument about Emmitt Smith being the best of all time. He's probably the 4th best ever so I'll refer to him as #4 from this point forward.

I was at the game at Giants stadium when Emmitt single handedly sealed the division with a seperated shoulder..

863913[/snapback]

Man - I wish I was at that one. I have always looked for a photogaph from that game but have been unable since it was before the internet really took off and archived the world.

Best game live was Thankgiving game in Dallas vs. Washington. Clint Longley threw a bomb to Drew Pearson to win the game. He came in to replace Roger Staubach after he was knocked out of the game in the 4th quarter down 2 scores and pulled a rabbit out of the hat to beat the Skins. :D

Best game overall was by far the Charger vs. Dolphin playoff game. I have never seen a more exciting, competitive game. Both teams were great neither deserved to lose. Kellen Winslow Sr. had the game that defined his career. :D:D

Man - I wish I was at that one.  I have always looked for a photogaph from that game but have been unable since it was before the internet really took off and archived the world.

863934[/snapback]

#4 could really score :D .

November '95 - Favre gets injured the previous week in Minnesota and is a game-time decision for the game vs the Bears in Lambeau - and it was Wanny's one decent year in Chicago, so the Pack was merely a game ahead of their archrivals.

So we're sitting there, and they announce the starting lineups; we're still not sure who's getting the call at QB until Favre races out of the tunnel, ankle wrapped and probably Viked to the gills, and proceeds to throw FIVE freakin' tds in a 35-28 barnburner. Oh yeah, two of my friends and I were in the Sporting News Fantasy Challenge and gamble Favre would start; several other teams went with Johnny Bronco and Steve Young, both of whom got knocked out that week, so we jumped from 8th to 1st.

The topper? They were FREE TICKETS. The only thing that was lacking was picking up a hot blonde and nailin' her in the Lambeau men's room.

Music City Miracle Game. 1st round of the playoffs in Nashville about 5 years ago. Bills vs Titans. Buffalo takes the lead late in the game after trailing the entire contest. They kick off to the Titans Lorenzo Neal. Neal hands the ball back to Frank Wycheck. Wychek starts to run to his right, stops on the 20 yard line, and then heaves a LATERAL all the way across the field to Kevin Dyson. Dyson catches the LATERAL just behind the 20, and then races 80 yards for the score to win the game. I couldnt even believe what I was witnessing.

Anyone remember the Dolphins beating Dallas Thanksgiving Day??

Leon Lett touches the ball after a missed field goal...The Dolphins pounce on the ball in the endzone which gives them the win....

At the time I worked with a bunch of Dallas fans and had pretty much bet the whole office...Were not talking big money, but when you add everyone I bet it was UP there....Some were already calling the house and leaving messages on my machine...lol It was the greatest game to win money on ever...Walking into the office on Monday was even sweeter!! lol :D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Nick Saban

Steelers-Colts 1995 AFC title game...Harbaugh threw a Hail Mary that bounced around in the secondary before falling to the turf. That stadium was shaking (literally) as the Steeler fans erupted.

2002 Michigan-Washington Game...Michigan missed all kinds of field goals that day, but during the final two minutes of the game, Navarre got them in range to kick for the win. Carr sends out the kid who had missed two earlier. The Huskies called time, and we waited...finally the kid comes out and kicks a hooking shot that dropped right over the crossbar. That may have been the loudest crowd I have ever been a part of.

Edited by Ruffian

Few years ago. Monday night game between the Phinz & JETS.

Phinz were just pummeling the JETS silly. Then the JETS mounted a furious comeback. Went back & forth. Finally went to OT where the JETS pulled it out.

Few years ago. Monday night game between the Phinz & JETS.

Phinz were just pummeling the JETS silly. Then the JETS mounted a furious comeback. Went back & forth. Finally went to OT where the JETS pulled it out.

864114[/snapback]

That game hurt...lol The best part was I had a bunch of Jet fans at the house and more than half left with disgust at halftime.....Unfourtunately some hung around for the end of the game..lol

some memorable games ive been to

94-pats beat favre and green bay 17-16 on a botched extra point snap with under a minute to go

94- pats down 20-0 at halftime to warren moon and the vikes..come out no huddle in the second half..tie it at 20..bledsoe hits kevin turner in ot for the win...sparks a 7 game winning streak heading into the playoffs to finish 10-6

96-divisional round..my 1st ever nfl playoff game..against pittsburgh..foggy conditions..1st play terry glenn beats rod woodson for 50 yards..curtis martin runs for 3 touchdowns including one of 70 plus yards and runs for around 170 yards

96 afc title game..1st ever afc title game ever played in foxboro..0 degree windchill..otis smith seals it with a fumble return for a td...in front of a national tv audience..foxboro lights go out for 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter

98..back to back weeks drew bledsoe leads the patriots to 4th quarter comebacks with under a minute to go..first coming on a monday nighter at home against the dolphins..he hits shawn jefferson from 25 yards out with under a minute to go..then the following week he hits ben coates from a yard out with no time left on the clock against the bills

99 pats down 28-7 to the colts at halftime..harrison scores 3 1st half touchdowns..pats win 31-28

2002-pats raise their 1st championship banner and open a new stadium on a monday night against the steelers...kick steelers ass 30-14..guess the 'best team' did win

2003- in miami..pats win improbably in overtime 19-13 on an 82 yard connection from tom brady to troy brown...richard seymour blocks a 35 yard game winning field goal in regulation...and then mare shanks a 35 yard game winner in ot...win comes two days after sox blow game 7 of 03 alcs

03- in the meadowlands...pats beat the jets 21-16...hostile jets crowd..pats pick off pennington 5 times...joe namah wants to kiss suzy kolber..i do not see this until sportscenter the next morning hungover at a friends nyc apartment

2004-pats open the season on a thursday night at home against the colts..raise another banner...great atmosphere...great game

ahh theres probably a few more im forgetting...this doesnt include all of the playoff games ive been to since 2001...although i did miss the snow bowl and learned a valuable lesson..plan vacations around the patriots(although when i booked i had no inclination the patriots were going to be still playing in january, let alone hosting a game)

KC fans are great though. They let us tailgate with them before the game, giving us beer and grilled shrimp. Everyone was super nice except the drunk guys who threw a beer at me on the way out of the stadium for wearing my Colts gear.

Thanks for the complement, minus the beer throwing of course! That playoff game between KC and INDY was amazing i agree. The whole stadium was on fire, ive never heard it that loud (which is hard to believe because it is always loud) unfortunatly for us Chiefs fans Manning was also on fire.

some memorable games ive been to

94-pats beat favre and green bay 17-16 on a botched extra point snap with under a minute to go

94- pats down 20-0 at halftime to warren moon and the vikes..come out no huddle in the second half..tie it at 20..bledsoe hits kevin turner in ot for the win...sparks a 7 game winning streak heading into the playoffs to finish 10-6

96-divisional round..my 1st ever nfl playoff game..against pittsburgh..foggy conditions..1st play terry glenn beats rod woodson for 50 yards..curtis martin runs for 3 touchdowns including one of 70 plus yards and runs for around 170 yards

96 afc title game..1st ever afc title game ever played in foxboro..0 degree windchill..otis smith seals it with a fumble return for a td...in front of a national tv audience..foxboro lights go out for 10 minutes in the 2nd quarter

98..back to back weeks drew bledsoe leads the patriots to 4th quarter comebacks with under a minute to go..first coming on a monday nighter at home against the dolphins..he hits shawn jefferson from 25 yards out with under a minute to go..then the following week he hits ben coates from a yard out with no time left on the clock against the bills

99 pats down 28-7 to the colts at halftime..harrison scores 3 1st half touchdowns..pats win 31-28

2002-pats raise their 1st championship banner and open a new stadium on a monday night against the steelers...kick steelers ass 30-14..guess the 'best team' did win

2003- in miami..pats win improbably in overtime 19-13 on an 82 yard connection from tom brady to troy brown...richard seymour blocks a 35 yard game winning field goal in regulation...and then mare shanks a 35 yard game winner in ot...win comes two days after sox blow game 7 of 03 alcs

03- in the meadowlands...pats beat the jets 21-16...hostile jets crowd..pats pick off pennington 5 times...joe namah wants to kiss suzy kolber..i do not see this until sportscenter the next morning hungover at a friends nyc apartment

2004-pats open the season on a thursday night at home against the colts..raise another banner...great atmosphere...great game

ahh theres probably a few more im forgetting...this doesnt include all of the playoff games ive been to since 2001...although i did miss the snow bowl and learned a valuable lesson..plan vacations around the patriots(although when i booked i had no inclination the patriots were going to be still playing in january, let alone hosting a game)

864182[/snapback]

I was at

the 2003 game........Good game....If your a Patriots fan..

TV game is tough...One that comes to mind is when Houston came back from like a 35 point defecit against Buffalo....

863873[/snapback]

As a former Oilers' fan it's tough to have to correct you, but I must. The 35 point comeback was the Bills against the Oilers :D:D

2003-2004 season in November Redskins vs Cowboys game.

Man it was crazy from the get go. My old best friend at the time was a die hard Redskins fan. He was wearing his Redskins jacket and colors. He was getting dissed hard from everyone from the moment we got out of the car.

About half time the game was so boring everyone one of us decided to roam around outside and see what's going on. He came across the 2 girls that wear hot to him and decided to make a bet that the Redskins where going to come back and win. If he lossed he would drop his under pants and walk out the gates. The fourth quarter the Cowboys took a huge lead and the Redskins had no chance. And everyone that knew or was in on the bet was talking shucks to him. Sad thing was that he couldn't live up to his end of the bet until the game was over. That means in front of heavy traffic. But I give him credit he never begged his way out of the bet. He is a big guy (fat) and when the game ended he dropped his under pants and began walking. :D The girls began to beg him to lift his clothes back up cuz they really never cared to watch him naked.

Man, their was strangers kissing strangers after the game cuz they were so drunk. My friend almost whooped a Cincinatti cop in the parking lot. Another friend made out with 1 of 2 chicks in their truck. The night was one I will never forget. Can't wait for them to build the new stadium so we can have a Superbowl down here.