[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best NFL game you have ever watched LIVE!

Undefeated72

I was at the game in which legendary quarterback Neil Lomax led the St. Louis Cardinals to an amazing comeback against Tampa Bay to overcome a 28-3 deficit in the fourth quarter. (TB actually had a chance to tie it one the last play of the game but their 53 yard field-goal attempt bounced off the crossbar).

The win boosted the Big Red to a 3-5 record on their way to 7-8 record in the strike-shortened 1987 season. The next year the Cardinals moved to Phoenix.

Saw live: 1980 - CHI @ GB.

Was a defensive battle that went into overtime. Packers K Chester Marcol attempts a game-winning FG. It gets blocked, but the blocked ball goes straight into the arms of Marcol, and he runs it in for the game-winning TD.

Saw live on TV: SB XXXI

Steelers-Colts 1995 AFC title game...Harbaugh threw a Hail Mary that bounced around in the secondary before falling to the turf. That stadium was shaking (literally) as the Steeler fans erupted.

864112[/snapback]

It did not bounce "around in the secondary". It bounced off Colt WR Aaron Bailey's chest as he was falling to the ground. He SHOULD have caught it. The Steelers got a bogus TD catch by Kordell Stewart. Replays showed he went competely out of bounds before coming back in to catch the TD that gave the Steelers the lead. No instant replay that year. :D That was a magical year for the Colts, and you are right, that was a GREAT game. I've got it on tape still. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

Back to back playoff games in 2003 (actually Jan 2004).

Pats vs. Tenn, 4 degrees at kickoff -10 wind chill (Titans fans/players/coaches didn't actually :D about the weather like some other AFC South team). Night game, great game, great atmosphere. Beers actually started freezing up by the time you got back to your seat. Pats 17 - Titans 14.

and then, to come back and do it all over again (as a fan) the very next week in the AFC Championship game vs. the Colts. Ty Law had 3 picks, Pats win 24 - 14 on their way to winning SB XXXVIII against Carolina.

Those 2 games, back to back, January football, just can't be beat.

Edited by charty

It did not bounce "around in the secondary".  It bounced off Colt WR Aaron Bailey's chest as he was falling to the ground.  He SHOULD have caught it.  The Steelers got a bogus TD catch by Kordell Stewart.  Replays showed he went competely out of bounds before coming back in to catch the TD that gave the Steelers the lead.  No instant replay that year. :D  That was a magical year for the Colts, and you are right, that was a  GREAT game.  I've got it on tape still. . .

864595[/snapback]

You're right. He flat out dropped it. Didn't want to say it that way but it is true. The Colts got a small taste of revenge watching my Steelers lose to Dallas. (LARRY BROWN MVP--OVERRATED? Uh, yeah.)

Chargers @ Chiefs Monday night game in 1995.  Chiefs rallied late to tie and then Vanover ran back a punt return to win it in OT.  Pretty sweet.

864893[/snapback]

'95 was my 3rd or 4th year to play FF and that play cost me a game. :D

The House of Pain game, Birds vs Houston . Or any of the Buddy Ryan's Birds vs the Cowboys.