[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No respect for Marvin

Ramhock

You could be right. When the QB is putting up sick numbers Harrison could  get 10+ TDs by accident. I just don't think it will happen.

864630[/snapback]

Did you know:

Owens has only had one 100 catch season

Moss has had two, and he did not catch 100 balls last year.

Chad Johnson has never had a 100 catch season.

Edited by CaptainHook

Did you know:

864632[/snapback]

No I didn't and will take your word on it. This is how I have them ranked this year.

Terrell Owens 16 tds 1400 yards

Randy Moss 12 tds 1450 yards

Chad Johnson 13 tds 1350 yards

Marvin Harrison 12 tds 1380 yards

Marvin could be the best WR in the game but as far as Fantasy terms I just don't think so.

Did you know:

864632[/snapback]

Did you know:

Moss was injured all of last season and did not participate in all of the games.

Chad Johnson is just entering his prime.

Harrison is past his prime & will never reach 100 catches again.

That you are living in the past.

:D WAKE UP!!!

Note #1 to everyone: Captian Hook is a huge INDY homer and generally only posts INDY related stuff.

Note #2 to everyone: Captain Hook posts more good info about INDY than most of the rest of you post about 'your team'.

Note #3 to everyone: Harrison is still really really really good.

Did you  know:

Moss was injured all of last season and did not participate in all of the games.

Chad Johnson is just entering his prime.

Harrison is past his prime & will never reach 100 catches again.

That you are living in the past.

:D WAKE UP!!!

864651[/snapback]

Hey newbie tool, :D DROP DEAD

This has nothing to do with the past. Marvin is still in his prime. Take it from someone who watches him every week. I have seen no signs of him slowing down. The offense is more diverse now. He caught 86 balls last year. He would only have to average less than one more catch per game to hit 100 again. My point was that 100 catch seasons aren't that big of a deal, epecially when you are still producing TD's the way Harrison does. He is consistent. He rarely gets hurt. He has a QB that rarely gets hurt. He is the safest of all the top WR. :D

I don't think Marvin's numbers are declining because of his age ... I believe they are declining because Manning doesn't have to force the ball into Harrison any more.  Wayne and Stokley have finally earned Mannings faith and now Manning doesn't have to throw into double and/or triple coverage on Harrison.

864452[/snapback]

Yep, when the # 1-3 WRs all have 1,000 yds and 10 TDs, it's very obvious why Marvin's not hauling in 140 receptions and 1,700 yds anymore. Only someone who doesn't understand football would fault him for a decline from those numbers.

Marvin's got at least one more stud-like year left in him. Despite being #2 in receiving yards, he still beat out Wayne in receptions (by 9) and TDs (by 3) last season. And that's with the opposing defense's best CB on him the entire time. Like Isaac Bruce, Marvin will be productive into his mid-30s, just like Rice, Carter, Brown, and Jimmy Smith.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Moss will never lead the league in receptions.  Reception count isn't part of his game.

864704[/snapback]

It's hard to lead the league in receptions when you only try in 30%-40% of the plays. :D

Harrison's value is the weakness of Moss and T.O: he actually worries about the TEAM score. (Please see Randy's two minute heard start to the locker room and T.O.'s cries for more $$$ after just one year with the Eagles). If I am a coach and I have the choice between the three, I want Harrison. He is consistent and the consummate pro. NOTE: Before any homers or newbs try to jump me on this, notice that I said nothing about Randy or T.O. in terms of talent. No one is denying that they are superstars. But they are coach killers fo' sho'.

Feel free to argue me about their character.

Edited by Ruffian