[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help to move to IDP

I'm in my 2nd year IDP, 1st year BOTH Confusion IDP Dynasty.

I'm trying to get my 9th year, 10-team, 2-player keeper redraft, performance scoring league to switch to IDP.

I ask for some helpful info to help me make my case.

I have 2-yes, 3 more info, 3-no, 1 no decision.

They are a conservative group, does not take alot of chances with trades or waiver pick-ups, but they enjoy the combined DT/ST big plays.

I'm trying to pitch that we will still have team "Special Teams", but will go LB, DL, DB for the rest of the defense.

As far as points, I know that LB are the RB's of the defense.

What would the

- DL be equal to = TEs?

- DL (DE) equal to = WRs?

- DB (CB/S) equal = QBs?

Their has been alot of talk that most everyone agrees that the DT/ST scoring is a little over the top, I have scaled down the pts already. Due to this, I think it is a good time to move to IDP to give the league a spark and make it more fun for all. I'm they would love it, but are afraid to take the leap.

I plan on sending the link to Fusion's top performers last season so they can get a look of overall numbers during the season for starters.

I appreciate any help/advice that you have done in the past to get your league to move to IDP.

Thanks in Advance. :D

That's a tough one, seems like I got the same guys in my 10 team keeper. They're against any kind of change. I'd really like to go IDP but, I know there would be no way to talk them into it. Good Luck, I hope it works out. I think giving them Fusion's scoring and page links would be a good start. I would try to convince them it's not all that much work to get it into perspective, as most people would be against it because they're scared of the work they'll have to put into the draft.

you have 33% of your league saying NO off the bat so good luck...as for an analogy of how offense and defense pair up

RB-LB

DL-TE

DB-WR(but there are more quality DBs then overall WR imo)

Thanks guys for the input.

This link My sales pitch is what I came up with. I modified the offense to defense position comparison to what I thought matched the closest to our scoring system.

Let me know if you think I made a sale or just talking to a brick wall.

• 4 weeks later...

I've commished an IDP league for I think 7 years now and the tricky part is dealing with the Defensive Tackles and Defensive Ends. I removed Defensive Tackles totally and just went to Defensive Linemen to simply things.

What happens is these positions are feast or famine. They may get 1 or 2 tackles if youre lucky a game and a sack here or there. With the point scoring that defaults on most sites the result is your better linemen will average less than 4 points a game. If you really want to add defensive line to the game what's worked for me is to change the points given for sacks and tackles for a loss to help give them a little boost in value. Sacks on most sites are 2 or 3 points, but you may want to increase them to 4 or 5. Even with that the top 3 Defensive ends separate themselves from the group of remaining players so you'll have a few lucky teams in the league with a point contributor, then the other teams just a roster spot with little production. If you think about it that's how most TE's are for their leagues.

I personally think that a great defensive lineman can alter a game, but fantasy football scoring just doesn't have a way to reflect that because what they do (disrupt an offense) has no way to be scored.

I think last year I set as default 1 DL, 2 LB's, 1 DB and a 2 flex. To prevent LB's from overloading the flex spot I only allowed a roster maximum of 3 LB's per team.